• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Last edited:

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
This show is awesome! The first season was so much fun. Loved how the United States (basically Nixon) lost its shit trying to outdo Russia at every turn.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Procrastinated way too long on watching this show, but I finally managed to watch it over the last couple of weeks. Now I'm pretty excited for the new season. Can't wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I watched season one in our lockdown number 1, really enjoyed but there were some very dull parts that I forwarded over:
1) the stressed wife and mother
2) the lead up to the sons incident and earth side dealing with it
3) the wife takes drugs and is suddenly chilled out
4) the little mexican girl who likes maths

Loved everything else but the about made the middle a slog at times. Looking forward to s2

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Sepinwall gave season two 4/5 stars, saying that it's better than season one and also raved about the last few episodes of the season:

FAM has a tough task of balancing all the what-if science-fiction questions with more grounded workplace drama, but limiting the action to a brief window of time works wonders for the latter. The characters feel more specific and three-dimensional now, which in turn makes the long swaths focusing on interpersonal dynamics more interesting than they were a season ago.

But if patience will be required at times, it will also be rewarded spectacularly: There's a home stretch of episodes that feel like one domino after another is knocked over in gorgeous fashion.

Hype!

Last edited:

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I watched season one in our lockdown number 1, really enjoyed but there were some very dull parts that I forwarded over:
1) the stressed wife and mother
2) the lead up to the sons incident and earth side dealing with it
3) the wife takes drugs and is suddenly chilled out

Hard disagree with ya there. Karen's arc was one of the best things about the season. Watching everything that defined her as a person taken from her one by one was heartbreaking to watch with some incredible acting on display in the final 3 episodes in particular. Her scenes with Molly's husband are some of the best in the season and I loved the growing bond between them.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Apple Launches ‘For All Mankind’ Companion Podcast

Apple is set to blast off into the companion podcast world with an audio series following its drama For All Mankind. The tech company is launching For All Mankind: The Official Podcast – the first companion podcast of an Apple TV+ show. It comes ahead of the launch of the second season of the...

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

Apple is set to blast off into the companion podcast world with an audio series following its drama For All Mankind. The tech company is launching For All Mankind: The Official Podcast – the first companion podcast of an Apple TV+ show. It comes ahead of the launch of the second season of the...
Super cool, will definitely listen. Feed doesn't appear to be up yet, though.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
deadline.com

oh damn nice! If it is even as remotely engaging as the Chernobyl companion podcast, I am all in.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Hard disagree with ya there. Karen's arc was one of the best things about the season. Watching everything that defined her as a person taken from her one by one was heartbreaking to watch with some incredible acting on display in the final 3 episodes in particular. Her scenes with Molly's husband are some of the best in the season and I loved the growing bond between them.
Agreed. Enjoy the family Earthside drama as much if not more than the space plots.

Season 1 actually had some cringe worthy dialogue in the space scenes where as the Family/work stories seemed to hit the notes better for me

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Shame Moore isn't hosting it. I adored his BSG podcasts that came out the Saturday morning following each new episode the previous evening.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first season. What a fantastic show. The characters are amazing and thr alternate history stuff is fascinating. Just in time for season 2. Will there be a new thread?

Last edited:

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I think just rename this one and put a threadmark for the new season start with details etc.

Jul 4, 2018
This show is easily the best thing on Apple TV+, its gorgeous and really makes use of the high bitrate and Dolby Vision with the space scenes, and on top of that it has a really compelling narrative. Looking forward to this upcoming season (which should be starting in a few hours) and future seasons.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New episode, AR game, shorts, and a podcast. What a feast! Let's see if I can finish Rohan Kishibe and this before Wanda in an hour! Fun problem to have.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I was looking on my phone for the shorts but couldn't find them. I'm probably just being blind but would someone mind pointing out how to access them, please?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked budget Julia roberts in this. Didn't remember they went to Mars though - that's a big jump. Maybe need to rewatch the last episode before S2 this weekend

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Those Shorts are pretty good! I caught most of the headlines they cover whizzing past at the start of the episode but its nice to get some depth to whats been going on in this alternate timeline. Glad I checked this thread.

The Start of Season 2 was brilliant, so glad this is back.
Does anyone know if that Solar Flare detection thing on SkyLab is a real thing that they would have used like that? seemed to be a convenient plot device as they looked through it at just the right moment!