• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Screen-Shot-2021-02-19-at-8-20-19-AM.png

Imagine a world where the global space race never ended. This "what-if" take on history from Ronald D. Moore (Outlander, Battlestar Galactica) spotlights the lives of NASA astronauts-the heroes and the rockstars of their time-and their families.

Watch For All Mankind now on the Apple TV app: http://apple.co/_ForAllMankind

Cast

Main
  • Joel Kinnaman as Edward Baldwin
  • Michael Dorman as Gordo Stevens
  • Wrenn Schmidt as Margo Madison
  • Sarah Jones as Tracy Stevens
  • Shantel VanSanten as Karen Baldwin
  • Jodi Balfour as Ellen Waverly
Historical Figures
  • Chris Agos as Buzz Aldrin
  • Matt Battaglia as John Glenn
  • Chris Bauer as Deke Slayton
  • Jeff Branson as Neil Armstrong
  • Dan Donohue as Thomas O. Paine
  • Colm Feore as Wernher von Braun
  • Ryan Kennedy as Michael Collins
  • Eric Ladin as Gene Kranz
  • Steven Pritchard as Pete Conrad
  • Rebecca Wisocky as Marge Slayton
Recurring
  • Tait Blum as Shane Baldwin (son of Ed and Karen Baldwin)
  • Arturo Del Puerto as Octavio Rosales
  • Noah Harpster as Bill Strausser (a Mission Controller)
  • Krys Marshall as Danielle Poole (a female astronaut candidate)
  • Tracy Mulholland as Gloria Sedgewick (wife of Frank Sedgewick)
  • Dave Power as Astronaut Frank Sedgewick
  • Mason Thames as Danny Stevens (son of Gordo and Tracy Stevens)
  • Olivia Trujillo as Aleida Rosales
  • Sonya Walger as Molly Cobb (a female astronaut candidate)
Trailers

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely keeping an eye on this one. I'll wait to see what everyone thinks when the season wraps before I decide to jump in or not.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I think they hurt this show when they advertised it as being, " you put a man in the moon we'll put a woman on the moon"

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I'm currently watch "see" on Apple TV and I'm enjoying it. If Apple keep putting quality on like that I'll be happy. Glad I have A year long subscription

Green

Oct 27, 2017
First 3 episodes were quite good. I have no idea what the critics are talking about on this one. Show is interesting a well done. Nothing mind-blowing but a real decent and subtle what-if soft-scifi. Recommend it.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
First 3 episodes were quite good. I have no idea what the critics are talking about on this one. Show is interesting a well done. Nothing mind-blowing but a real decent and subtle what-if soft-scifi. Recommend it.

Glad to hear this , will watch for sure , although one episode a week does take some getting used to haha

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
OP can update with the weekly schedule, please? I tried Googling it but was coming up with different things. I think new episodes Friday?

I finished the first three episodes and really liked it. I get the impression the writers did a lot of research and really put thought into a semi-realistic time line of events. I could see it really playing out the way the show depicts.

The Soviets putting a woman on their next moon mission was a stroke of genius. Really upped the ante.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 2. Loving the show. Going to watch episode 3 later this week. The production values are so good.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 3. I need episode 4 ASAP. Friday going to be a long wait. I have no idea where the show is going or what going to happen but I'm in for the ride.

feezel

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finished the three available episodes. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

How far do we think they'll get into space this season?

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The intro sequence to this show is absolutely gorgeous. Finishing up ep 2 now and I'm def liking it so far.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
This show is a lot better than I expected. I'm really drawn into the characters, and I usually don't like period pieces. I like how ep 3 took a
feminist
turn. It seems like they're using the show to provide social commentary on patriotism, sexism and more by lampshading our reality. I was never a fan of how
Werner von Braun
essentially "got away with it" in real life. I also like the stoic and almost-mythic portrayal of Neil Armstrong.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might be confused with the other Apple shows. The critics reviewed this favorably/very much concluded it's the best of Apple's launch shows -- because it is.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to watch this as it airs, but I think I'll wait until the finale and binge it in a couple of weeks.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First episode was ok, a very interesting concept, but I didn't feel like I wanted to binge watch the whole show right away.

Streaming quality of Apple TV+ is fantastic btw, and the Dolby Vision implementation was great in this episode.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this show, and interestingly it feels like it's going to get really expansive and different quickly... I kinda feel like they're setting up major time skips between seasons. But We'll see.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed episode 4. I feel like they are speed running the show with 6 more episodes to go I believe. I can't believe they already launched Apollo 15. I wonder if they will find water / ice and create a moon base. I thought this would maybe be episode 8-10 or so but seems like we will get answers next week. I thought they would show more training but they went from 110 days to launch to launching all in the episode lol.

I'm excited because I have no idea what is going to happen next and every time I see how they filter it to make it seem like its filmed in the 70's I get goosebumps and chills just watching space launches.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the first episode and it was enjoyable enough. I'll echo what's been said about Apple TV+ and its streaming quality. Top notch especially the moon shots with Dolby Vision.

Acting wise it feels kind of B tier. Nothing terrible but the way its shot and acted just kind of reminds me of a network show vs a premium network. Think I'll stick with it though.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This shows keeps getting better and better. Episodes 3 and 4 were fantastic. This show alone is worth the price of Apple TV+

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Enjoyed episode 4. I feel like they are speed running the show with 6 more episodes to go I believe. I can't believe they already launched Apollo 15. I wonder if they will find water / ice and create a moon base. I thought this would maybe be episode 8-10 or so but seems like we will get answers next week. I thought they would show more training but they went from 110 days to launch to launching all in the episode lol.

I'm excited because I have no idea what is going to happen next and every time I see how they filter it to make it seem like its filmed in the 70's I get goosebumps and chills just watching space launches.

Yeah, time moves quick in this.

Skipping over Apollo 13 surprised me. I expected that to come up at some point. I'm excited to see where this season ends though. Moon bases and such. Good stuff.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
^ 11 already diverted far enough from our real history, it doesn't surprise me that the others would be almost non-events.

This show is just the right amount of history mixed with what if, I love it.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Yeah, the differences in 11 is what I came to when thinking it through. I absolutely love the mix of history and what if in this.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I didn't cancel my subscription after the trial expired because of this. The show is great, I love how casually they tackle social issues, it just comes naturally without being overly preachy.
Gotta admit, they got me with Molly not being a lesbian, lol. Initially, I had the same thoughts as Ed.
I find it strange that the show's rating on IMDB is so low, is it because of the idiotic Android/iOS nonsense or something else?

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I didn't cancel my subscription after the trial expired because of this. The show is great, I love how casually they tackle social issues, it just comes naturally without being overly preachy.
Gotta admit, they got me with Molly not being a lesbian, lol. Initially, I had the same thoughts as Ed.
I find it strange that the show's rating on IMDB is so low, is it because of the idiotic Android/iOS nonsense or something else?

I don't usually look at user ratings or reviews for shows but you got me curious so I checked it out. It seems like it is being review bombed due to the social issues, in particular the prominent portrayal of women astronauts. Seems like if you removed those idiotic reviews it would be much higher. I didn't dig too deep though, read like three and noped right out of there.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
User reviews are a mistake.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I don't usually look at user ratings or reviews for shows but you got me curious so I checked it out. It seems like it is being review bombed due to the social issues, in particular the prominent portrayal of women astronauts. Seems like if you removed those idiotic reviews it would be much higher. I didn't dig too deep though, read like three and noped right out of there.
Dickinson, Morning Show, and For All Mankind tackle issues that typically get review bombed, but on RT they're all doing great.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Uh, IMDB can at least implement something similar to Steam with its non-game related activity in reviews notifications. Still, I don't understand what people melting over, female astronauts have been common for decades now.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That is so disappointing, but not surprising people would be so low to do this :(

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the show is being subtle, but it's hitting the viewers right on the head.

Aleida is going to be an astronaut right

Deke is perfect grumpy boss

Edit: I'm enjoying jealous Karen angle on Tracy.

Cliche theory: Gordo cheated on Karen. Karen will cheat with Ellen (maybe in season 2)

Last edited:

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Okay finished the second episode. I thought this would be about rescuing the 11 crew. Did not anticipate it actually being a prolonged space race. That's a cool angle.

Been enjoying this and The Morning Show, will try Dickinson tonight.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the show is being subtle, but it's hitting the viewers right on the head.

Aleida is going to be an astronaut right
The Aleida storyline makes absolutely no sense to have in the show unless they're planning to time skip and a grown-up version of her be a major character next season. So, I feel like that must be what they're building towards. Von Braun's speech in episode 2 does feel like it might be a blueprint for where the series will go if each season is essentially anthology and jumping ahead.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The Aleida storyline makes absolutely no sense to have in the show unless they're planning to time skip and a grown-up version of her be a major character next season. So, I feel like that must be what they're building towards. Von Braun's speech in episode 2 does feel like it might be a blueprint for where the series will go if each season is essentially anthology and jumping ahead.
I hope it turns into Ad Astra where Russians chasing Americans on Lunar Rover in Space
ad-astra-moon-buggy-chase.jpg

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
Great show. Best of the bunch on apples service. Really interested to see where this goes. Have no clue what's going to happen each episode and I love that.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I thought again that would be like episode 8-10. So I'm surprised with all these time jumps. But I am liking it because now I'm thinking future seasons will be drastically different which is exciting.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
yeah, I thought again that would be like episode 8-10. So I'm surprised with all these time jumps. But I am liking it because now I'm thinking future seasons will be drastically different which is exciting.

I just finished the latest episode and I know exactly what you mean. It's really exciting to see where they are going to take it with how this ended.

On another note do you think we should have open spoilers after an episode drops? There only seems to be a few of us in here and I would like to discuss this more openly without the hassle of spoiler tags.