• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
I find that scene quite powerful and wonder how many people would stay without protesting if they were well paid...It says a lot about capitalism in general

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
If i was able to make a lot in a job i'd assume i'd have enough skills to find another position with a boss that didn't make me play boar on the floor, so in that case, no.

If my only choice was make 23k a year and not play BOTF or make 100k and play BOTF then give me that sausage.

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, not a chance. I might sit idly by if other people are getting shit on, but once you ask me to oink imma head out.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I already work where I do and accept my shitty wage because of certain options I made in the past.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I find that scene quite powerful and wonder how many people would stay without protesting if they were well paid...It says a lot about capitalism in general
I haven't seen that show, but I can tell that there's a lot more at stake there than just a job at that old dude's company. It seems pretty certain that he'd ruin the lives of people who would refuse to play BOTF.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, a job is just a means to an end, give me enough money and I'll do stupid shit to entertain the boss.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a bad idea to taunt people like that who make enough money to put a hit on you.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'll be honest, I'd happily be paid what those characters are paid to do Boar on the Floor let alone the actual job.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch this show but it seems to me that one of those kids could pretty easily gain the support of the other kids by just bumping the old man off and taking his place, promising not to be really weird.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it depends on how much we're talking about. Is it enough that I could retire in a few years and not have to deal with that shit anymore? Then yeah sure, I guess.

Is this the basic gist of Succession by the way? If so, I might not bother.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If i was able to make a lot in a job i'd assume i'd have enough skills to find another position with a boss that didn't make me play boar on the floor, so in that case, no.

If my only choice was make 23k a year and not play BOTF or make 100k and play BOTF then give me that sausage.
The thing with bosses like that in the video is they have alot of connections. They blackball the fuck out of you and make sure you couldn't work in your field again.

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For good money hell yeah I would, most of my jobs have been shit physical labour. running on all fours is nothing, I do this with my dogs for fun.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting worse. Like Nightcrawlers from It's Always Sunny

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an otherwise cushy job where I'm unbothered, unstressed, and enjoy a healthy work/life balance?
Hell fuckin yeah I would.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
In the after show comments on that scene, they were basically just making the game up as they went. Just trying to do something ridiculous that showed Logan's growing frustration with everyone.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is with the camera work in that clip. Is the whole show like that?

Anyways sure if they paid me enough. I don't go to work as an act of dignity, I go to get paid.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Is this the basic gist of Succession by the way? If so, I might not bother.
Usually the degradation and humiliation takes a much subtler form.

I really like the show, but that scene kind of skeeves me out. The characters in this show do plenty of horrible things, but this particular kind of personal degradation is... something. Thinking c'mon, Tom, have like an ounce of self-respect. Don't do this...

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
is it cooked meat. theres probably a fetish about this out there.

With the way the shot leading up to it framed the sausage, I was expecting some kind of sexual violence but instead it was just a weird food fight where, unless I missed it, it wasn't even established what happens to you if you lose the game.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Usually the degradation and humiliation takes a much subtler form.

I really like the show, but that scene kind of skeeves me out. The characters in this show do plenty of horrible things, but this particular kind of personal degradation is... something. Thinking c'mon, Tom, have like an ounce of self-respect. Don't do this...

Ah, gotcha. Okay, maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend.