• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I have a really simple one for Apex Legends. When you hover over an item on the ground there should be a number that tells you how many are already in your inventory.

Nov 27, 2020
United States
weird one but titanfall 2:
make mouse scrolling controls work. there's a movement tech for changing directions quickly called "tap strafing" and if you were able to assign the scroll forward motion to moving forward the same way you can in Apex, then tap strafing would be absurdly powerful and fun. since you can't, you gotta get good at spamming W really fast

Sep 29, 2019
I have the same complaint as you about BoTW. There should be a way to toggle these off, i absolutely do not wanna see the same cutscene everytime i cook something or visit a shrine.

I also really don't mind the durability system, it's absolutely ok to me. But i don't think it should apply to very rare weapons/unique ones, and if it did, that you could somehow repair it.

And god... fix the horses. Horses in BoTW are so frustrating imo. They can't go down slopes, they can't climb them up properly, the controls are so janky. Sometimes i prefer walking over going with horses everywhere just because of the hassle it is controlling them horses. But anything else about BoTW is really chef's kiss for me, really solid game.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I'm going to get murdered for this but I'd add sprinting to Halo 3. Maybe not limitless but something similar to how it works on Reach. And remove dual weapons, let grenades shine.

But also, I don't know, I love that game too much to change anything.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 3 FES: Let you have Direct Command of party members.

I know Portable has it, but you get the presentation downgrade. (but you do get FeMC on the plus side)

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry 5 -

Make the Devil Sword Dante Swordmaster moves their own style accessible through a extra tap of the active style, and make the DSD Swordmaster/DT moves available baseline instead of requiring the DSD to be equipped so I don't need to deal with clumsy Helmbreaker inputs anymore. Advanced Dante play lives and dies on being able to rapidly double/triple/quadruple switch weapons to catch enemies with DSD swords to extend a combo and it's so unnecessary when DMC4 had a functional workaround.

Also let us disable Nero's Wire Shot grab ability so we can execute breaker moves without dropping our lock-on as a post-game upgrade. It's one of those things that has greatly diminished value after you beat the game, and while you can do some neat things with it, I rather have smoother Breaker jump cancel combos.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
Smash Ultimate Online

When I'm matched to another player in quickplay, show me the ping of the connection and give me the option to refuse a game thats obviously gonna be so laggy it's unplayable.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Some fan just did it for GTA Online's loading times and R* is actually implementing it but I think that's only for PC.

May 29, 2018
In Destiny 2 let me bulk delete stuff I don't want, make shaders permanent and add matchmaking to raids

Also even though I get fucking bodied in trials let me get ONE TOKEN bungie.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
DMC3-5 (covering all of them, even if I've played 5 less than 3 and 4):

1. Toggle lock-on option.

2. Option to separate and bind move modifier and lock-on to two different buttons.

3. Boss select mode. Replaying whole missions or BP to play specific bosses sucks rich creamy nuggety shit. DMC4 Dante can only fight Credo in BP. DMC5 allows you to select individual BP levels for practice, which is great, but 5 whole bosses are not included in BP, and are tied to individual chars in the campaign.

4. Co-op in DMC5. Co-op technically exists as a feature, but the only viable missions are 7 and 13, and you can never plan a session or join someone else's game voluntarily like in a proper game with co-op.

5. Combo tutorials in training mode. The mobile game Pinnacle of Combat has this.

6. Custom weapon wheel option for Dante, Vergil and Lady (in 4SE). DMC3SE on Switch introduced a weapon wheel as a new feature. 5 thankfully reintroduced the ability to have custom loadouts for Dante, after 4 removed it. But you still have to individually cycle through weapons. And since Dante can equip up to 12 weapons at once, that's a lot of cycling. Some DMC players freak out when they see the phrase "weapon wheel" because they are dum dums and automatically think of the Doom 2016 style where time slows down, but 3SE Switch thankfully isn't like that. 3SE Switch's version doesn't allow you to change the number of weapons or the order weapons appear in on the wheel, though, but this would.

7. Hardcore Mode (like in DmC DE) or Veteran difficulty (like Nephilim in all versions of DmC) set between DH and SOS. Goes for 4 and 5, which on normal are way too easy.

8. Two, seperate sets of options for enemy waves and for difficulty metrics (enemy AI, player and enemy HP, player and enemy STR), kinda like combat and puzzle difficulty in Silent Hill. Human-Devil Hunter (easy-normal), Son of Sparda (hard) and Dante Must Die (v. hard) all have different enemy waves. This way you can play with normal mode enemy waves but at max difficulty, and so on.

9. Enemy DT toggle. I'd like to be able to choose between default enemy DT (normally tied to specific criteria, like a timer or # of enemies defeated), instant enemy DT, and none, for all difficulty modes. Not just have enemy DT tied to DMD.

10. Being able to choose activation criteria for the non-instant enemy DT.

11. Option for reversals in DMC5. Reversals are disabled in DMC5, and will in most cases auto-correct you and prevent you from attacking in a direction opposite of the enemy you're targeting. The demos had reversals, but it was disabled prior to launch because the devs were afraid it would cause accidents for players. This feels like an overcorrection. This sounds like a minor gripe but for skilled players, esp. combo makers, this is pretty big as reversals are a pretty good styling tool.

12. In DMC5, be able to use DLC weapons in Bloody Palace. So pointless that you can't do this.

13-14. The things Rubblatus mentioned.

I liked FFX but this moment was definitely a dark spot in my memories of it. The cutscene where this gif is from is like 15-20 minutes long, and it's right before a boss fight.

Guess who wiped in that boss fight several times and had to sit through this cutscene every retry!

Fuck this boss. I had no patience and just Zanmato'd her ass.

Last edited:

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
Any Final Fantasy game (except XIII I suppose): Heal All button on the first menu screen like most Dragon Quest games have it.

Nov 8, 2017
Path of Exile needs quite a few changes. Hopefully PoE2 fixes a lot of them.

Loot in particular needs a huge rework. Ideally one less reliant on trading.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV - Let me keep all my skills and abilities in lower level dungeons. Scale down the power if you have to. Who cares if it makes them easier. Satasha isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world.
Omg this. I freaking hate doing low level dungeons because of this, i hate when i get a lvl 16 dungeon in roulette cause of this

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Remove random encounters when resting in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
They serve no purpose as people will either atomize the encounter and try sleeping again or load their save and try to sleep again.

It ends up being a waste of time that did nothing.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Rocket League:

If all players don't connect to the game, rather than disconnect the whole lobby try to find another player to insert.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Apex Legends
- Let me put Ultimate Accelerants onto the same wheel as Shield Cells and Med Kits!
- Bloodhound Scan - currently fails to bring up enemy counts when Ring Announcements are made due to both items taking up the notification banner. Scan should always notify enemy counts.

Hitman 1/2/3
- Immediate suspicion from supervisors in every single setting. Sure it's a necessary crutch to balance the game, but in reality supervisors of any job usually don't give a shit as long as associates are in their proper posting and usually when you grab an outfit to pose as someone you're there infiltrating that specific job's jurisdiction so supervisors should be more than happy that someone is in the position. I guess it can be explained away by 47's height but like for example, in a room full of security guards with hats on, if 47 is wearing a hat and is about the same height as every other guard, he shouldn't be outed immediately by a supervisor. Or like if he's part of the technician crew at a racing event, he shouldn't be blocked by security from accessing an entire region of the map, the security doesn't know any better but to check for credentials and let them pass, but it's done obviously to have game balance. There should be a layer of checking credentials. Like supervisors can be suspicious but cmon now.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Red Dead Online:
- Allow saved outfits to be modified without having to re-save the outfit and delete the old one.
- Consolidate fortification tonics. Being alive or dead is basically a binary state, despite the health system being stupidly convoluted.
- If we can pay bounties from our camp lockbox, we should be able to send mail too.
- Just put Madame Nazar on the goddamn map already.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Killing Floor 2: EVERYTHING about the weapon skin process! From better organization instead of "all weapons" or "all pistols." And/or a sort function or group weapons together would do wonders instead of just having the newest on top. Scrolling through to see if my first HMTech Pistol skin is better than the newest one shouldn't be so hard. And probably the top aspect I'd like about this changed is being able to see how it looks in my hands, not just an art render from a fewpoint I'll never see!

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
Decoupling run from dodge in Sekiro, maybe even in all FROM games. Make it a key mapping option.

I have over 1500hrs done in Miyazaki games, I love them to bits and I still think it sucks.

In Sekiro being able to map run to L3 while keeping the dodge at circle would be would seem like the obvious, best way for it to work.
Normally L3 is for crouch or "slide to crouch and stop" while running, which routinely gets you killed while clenching the controller in the most intense moments.
There is no way not to press it by accident in the heat of the battle. I later got used to it obviously but for my first 2 playthroughs, I used to remap L3 to eavesdropping before boss fights just not to crouch by accident, then having to remap it later.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing NH: remove limited tool durability.

There. The game is now a full point better on a ten-point scale. You're welcome, Nintendo.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Final Fantasy X

LET ME SKIP CUTSCENES....AAUAUUUUUUUGGGHHHHH

tumblr_o4xj9euRFk1sjiojbo3_500.gif

YOU, I HATE YOU. YOU TALK SLOW. My incentive to grind in this game was literally so I didn't have to sit through long-ass cutscenes. X-2 makes this even worse by penalizing you on your completion %.

They need to add an auto-level/spend for your stuff in the sphere grid, when you start maxing out grids it is just hours of staring at bologna animations for no reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Forza Horizon 4. Good lord the menus. Navigating you car library is a pain, managing your "tunes" and "designs", searching for anything, you can't disable music in the game without it resetting every time in starts, etc. etc.

I adore that game but it is very clunky to wield. Gets worse with time because you start to notice more and more weirdness.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hey Team Ninja

Nioh 1 and 2 are really long. There are several layers of NG+, and once you've gone through them once, there's no new story stuff, so uh...

Let me play my own music/media on PS4/PS5.

I've never seen this screen for any other game

EuwKEJdVIAAgHiu

You also can't use the neat little window-in-window youtube trick because it mutes the audio for that too.

Also, let me do resting rites from the soul match menu with soul cores. If I can jump straight to attunements from there, I should be able to do resting rites. And let me soul match using equipped souls. Just like... unequip them for me. Or replace them if the attunement limit isn't broken.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Botw: please, when I open a chest and its a weapon/bow/shield and my inventory is full let me have the option to switch them out with something in my inventory if I want. So much time wasted to open chest, close chest, open inventory, drop item, and then open the chest again.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Smash Ultimate Online

When I'm matched to another player in quickplay, show me the ping of the connection and give me the option to refuse a game thats obviously gonna be so laggy it's unplayable.
This is what Mario Tennis Aces does. Kinda crazy they put it in their smaller game that's (sadly) dead and not their huge game everyone will play for years to come.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I'd really appreciate the ability to quickswap parties in Genshin Impact. Not during combat, of course. Keep the same restrictions, just don't make me go to the party edit menu whenever I want to fight a boss where a specific character I'm not currently using comes in handy.

Faith

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Destiny 2, so much shit: Ingame LFG for activities, auto dismantle blue drops, removal of artificial limitations on items like shards/prisms, being able to exchange multiple shards at the same time at Spider instead of having to spend 1 at a time for planet mats, loadout creators so you can freely switch between stuff depending on what activity you do. Also deleting gambit.

There is probably much more but I can't think right now.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Civilization VI

I'd love for them to incorporate the improved trade routes mod that lets you sort trade route options by the most lucrative, the ones that have City-State quests, etc.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Smash Bros. Ultimate:
-For VS mode challenges, let me just auto generate a match from the challenges menu instead of having to remember it as I jump back and forth.
-Include Squad Strike stats in the offline stats.
-Have an old school quick access rules option so I can switch from time to stock without having to remember which options had what modifiers.

AC New Horizons:
-Let me buy multiple outfits at once.
-Have different templates for letters.
-Let me customise something from the DIY menu without having to go back.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've probably got over a hundred hours on Deadly Premonition across a bunch of playthroughs. They could let you zoom out the map more. I'm fine at this point, but it would probably help new players.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Borderlands series:
  • Let me redeem quests remotely instead of backtracking back to the quest giver, and for multi-step side quests they should let you automatically continue the quest line without physically talking to them again (you have a radio/phone thing for crying out loud).
  • Like Destiny you should be able to spawn your vehicle whenever you want in open areas.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I loaded up Animal Crossing for the first time in about 9 months, and... everything was the same. Did they ever make any QoL changes to the game? It still feels like work with endless A button presses, even when I want to do close to nothing in it.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
Smash Ultimate should let you reorganize the CSS in different ways, and remember the last costume you picked for each character when you play as them again (even more because the later characters in the CSS take ages to load their costumes).

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish Persona 5 just let you pick which skill you want to inherit when you use the gallows. You can already essentially do this if you're willing to sit there and load a save again and again. Whenever you're incentivized to just waste time like that I consider it horrible design. I want to show one of the lead designers someone loading a save 20 times to get a certain skill and ask them to defend the decision to keep it that way. It's not fun, it's not strategic, it's just stupid.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
Xenoblade 2:
Should have the ability to unequip main Blades more easily, and from the start of the game.
Overdrive protocols should be more easily obtainable.
Field skills should be automatic if you have the required Blade(s) in your party without having to equip them.
The requirements for Ursula's Blade quest should have been toned down.
Ideally the entire gacha system wouldn't exist and you would get Blades a different way, but at least making it way faster (e.g. being able to use multiple core crystals at once) would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
I greatly appreciate that From already did their best to significantly reduce loading times for Bloodborne through patches, but making lamps a little more similar to bonfires from Dark Souls would do even more than that to aleviate the feeling of staring at loading screens for too long while playing, especially for PVP.

I understand from a design perspective that they might not want you to warp between lamps so that you have an incentive to go back to the dream and see some of the changes that occur throughout the game, as well as roll the rare Flora dialogue gacha, but I see absolutely zero advantage from having to go back to the dream and then back again to Nightmare Frontier in order to replenish my bullets and vials while doing PVP. This was the one thing that singlehandedly made me stop playing Bloodborne PVP, even though it was a lot of fun. Even the lag didn't bother me nearly as much.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It sure would be swell if I didn't have to sit through two loading screens in Bloodborne just to replenish blood vials and quicksilver bullets, especially when doing PvP. Making lamps function just like bonfires in Dark Souls would have solved the issue nicely.

I greatly appreciate that From already did their best to significantly reduce loading times for Bloodborne through patches, but making lamps a little more similar to bonfires from Dark Souls would do even more than that to aleviate the feeling of staring at loading screens for too long while playing, especially for PVP.

I understand from a design perspective that they might not want you to warp between lamps so that you have an incentive to go back to the dream and see some of the changes that occur throughout the game, as well as roll the rare Flora dialogue gacha, but I see absolutely zero advantage from having to go back to the dream and then back again to Nightmare Frontier in order to replenish my bullets and vials while doing PVP. This was the one thing that singlehandedly made me stop playing Bloodborne PVP, even though it was a lot of fun. Even the lag didn't bother me nearly as much.

Oh, hey.