• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, this is one of the best action RPGs out there. The devs still support it and can be played for tons of hours. If you like Diablo style games (this is better), then check this out!

store.steampowered.com

Save 75% on Grim Dawn on Steam

Enter an apocalyptic fantasy world where humanity is on the brink of extinction, iron is valued above gold and trust is hard earned. This ARPG features complex character development, hundreds of unique items, crafting and quests with choice & consequence.

There are also mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn I recommend this one: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-rainbow-filter-item-highlighting/42765

Last edited:

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
It's a great game, even more so if you enjoyed Titan quest, then this game is perfect for you. It's slower paced but can fill that itch for a classic arpg today.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
thinking about loading it up and giving it another go. first hour or so bored me to tears but that was like 5 years ago or whenever it launched

i need a loot dopamine rush and nothing is cutting it

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Is the game and expansions worth it? I pretty much only like Diablo because of how polished and fast paced it is (tried Titan Quest, PoE, Torchlight 1/2/3).

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Expansions with new classes are worth it since you can combine 2 classes to make hybrid classes.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Game also has great controller support, if that's your thing. I've come to enjoy playing melee classes more with controller than M+K.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I think the expansions are required to make the game great. The modding community for custom maps and campaigns are great too.

I'm really looking forward to what they make next.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible game! I clocked 200+ hours into it in my first play-through.

A true successor to Diablo II, IMO.

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
I picked this up a few days ago and really enjoying it (so much, that I got the Ashes DLC). Well made game, great setting.

My only issue is I cant get controller support working. I use xbox controller through steam, which works for every other game but this one.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I got the base game in 2016 from one of the humble monthlies, played it around 40hrs and loved every single minute of it back then!
This made me want to replay it again, great game and it was my first ARPG experience.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
agreed,the campaign is great and so are the dlcs,the story is great as well and combat is very great as well

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Feedback in combat is lacking but there's plenty of depth in building characters. Well worth it for the asking price.

Still waiting for decent discounts on the expansions though. They never seem to go any lower than around 25% off.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
I would play it more if their aging engine didn't run like garbage on most setups. Dealing with massive frame drops constantly during combat made me drop this fast.

In terms of gameplay, it's probably the most engaging modern RTS outside of Path of Exile.

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the dlc would go cheaper, i liked the game well enough but the expansions barely drop in price.