• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Ejgt0YSXsAAIIIJ

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
And people thought Barca's defense was bad when they got thrashed 2-8 by the best team in Europe.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Always thought Adrian was sub-par and we got very lucky last season with our performances early in the season. However with the continuous use of the highline defending since last season, it was bound to get heavily exposed during a match when all our players just gave up. Adrian cannot save the team if they get found out.

Salah, Robertson and Jota were the only ones who gave a fuck. Absolute disgrace, and I don't care if we conceded deflections. We shouldn't be conceding so many chances to begin with. Klopp should kick every single one of them, especially Gomez and Firmino in the nuts. Unbelievable.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the people blaming Adrian. No he isn't as good as Alisson, yes he made a mistake on the first goal, but wtf were the other players going on the other 6 goals.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly odd that Robertson gave away that howler against Arsenal and yet he's still the only regular in Liverpool's back 5 to look like his normal self.

Something's up with Trent, for sure, and VvD & Gomez look dodgy. Adrian is.. Adrian.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I agree the result isn't on Adrian at all but having Allison back would have been a boost for the Derby. At least Henderson will be back, wasn't mentioned at all I don't think by Sky but he was a huge miss.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a crappy few years for Villa so yesterday was beyond surreal. We got lucky at times but played the best I've seen us play in ages, we look a solid prem team now which is great. Hats off to Klopp and VVD they were really gracious in defeat in the post match interviews. Chin up Liverpool fans, you're still champs and you'll win the league again this season!

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to all the Villa supporters.
That was a well deserved win and I'm sure you will have a succesful season :)

However, I still can't process what happened there. I hope Kloppo had some good talks with the players after the game.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The league's completely arse-about-face at the moment. I wouldn't even begin to speculate where teams will end up at the moment, because just about no one's performing how you'd expect them to.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
what a mad week for results in football, plus Leeds and Aston Villa really looking a force for upper mid table. Everton look like a brand new team sheesh

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
The league's completely arse-about-face at the moment. I wouldn't even begin to speculate where teams will end up at the moment, because just about no one's performing how you'd expect them to.

I would say spurs have been best performing out of the usual top 6 teams, although I am biased.

Joint least goals conceded from open play, and if the farcical penalty wasn't given against Newcastle we would be 2nd.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Doesn't look like we are bringing anyone into day and while arteta has improved us i don't think our squad is anywhere good enough for top 4. Even getting back to 6th will be a struggle.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I didn't see this Partey news.

I'll be honest though I know very little about it but he doesn't really seem the sort of midfielder we need? What are his strengths?

We're barebones in the middle as it is (Guendozi is gone, Torreira might go, Ozil won't play) so any body at this point helps imo and through cursory look, he seems to be this physical center mid we're lacking (insert "since Vieira" here). Bit old though, probably little resale value.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

We're barebones in the middle as it is (Guendozi is gone, Torreira might go, Ozil won't play) so any body at this point helps imo and through cursory look, he seems to be this physical center mid we're lacking (insert "since Vieira" here). Bit old though, probably little resale value.

I just feel if we sign him and he's there with xhaka, el neny, ceballos. They all lack real creativity. Not being able to move Ozil and getting a replacement has really fucked us.

Oh well, another season of boring shitty football fighting to finish 6th it is then.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I just feel if we sign him and he's there with xhaka, el neny, ceballos. They all lack real creativity. Not being able to move Ozil and getting a replacement has really fucked us.

Oh well, another season of boring shitty football fighting to finish 6th it is then.

If Partey is signed it moves El Neny out of the side, it allows the club to play Willian at 10 or Saka and then Pepe right and Auba down the middle. As a club the team lacks power in midfield and runners both of which Partey answers.

As for the Gunnersaurus thing, he's got his job when fans are back he may even be kept on part time right now.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If Partey is signed it moves El Neny out of the side, it allows the club to play Willian at 10 or Saka and then Pepe right and Auba down the middle. As a club the team lacks power in midfield and runners both of which Partey answers.

As for the Gunnersaurus thing, he's got his job when fans are back he may even be kept on part time right now.

I dont think we move to playing a 10 with signing Partey but I hope you are right.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

Ceballos does well imo, he's a good passer. But yes assuming we buy him (Partey), creativity won't be the why of it.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Sky seem to think Arsenal are willing to meet the price for Partey, assuming he does actually want to join

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Atletico play? He's good for their system but I'm sure that's what Arsenal needs right now. But maybe he can do more for you.

There is no midfielder at Arsenal who can tackle and run with the ball, it is something the club has lacked for years. They wanted Torreira to be that, but he hated England, missed warm weather and struggled with Emery throwing him in anywhere. It could be an epic fail to sign Partey but that is a risk with any move maybe bar Messi.

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
As the previously linked Twitter thread points out, Partey isn't necessarily a creative midfielder, but his progression from the midfield is far better than the likes of Elneny (or Guendouzi or Torreira who aren't in the mix anyway) while he's also stronger and more physical in defense. While Arsenal still lack the creative AM they need, I'd much rather have Partey taking on midfielders and passing to Auba/Willian/Pepe/Saka/Ceballos than our other options in that position. And he also brings much needed Champions League experience to the squad that really isn't present outside of Auba, David Luiz, and Willian.

I tend to think a signing like Aouar would have been more impactful, but there's no question the squad improves considerably with Partey coming in.

e: Rumors we're still in for Aouar because Lyon need a sale to be in compliance with FFP lol

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Barcelona or Man Utd will cave to the other's demands in regards to Dembele before the deadline or if he simply won't move. I want him to join United so I hope yesterday's result makes them more open to paying.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yes it's very exciting and arguably a better signing than Aoar, because we don't really have a very strong defensive midfielder.

youtu.be

Edu partey

What exactly are our midfielders strengths? They are not good defensively, they are not good going forward. They are not creative..

Xhaka has done well to win fans back and show a good attitude, but i am still non plussed at what he actually excels at.

The problem we have is partey and auoar are both needed because our midfield at the moment is just a whole lot of nothing.

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Glad the Rashica saga is over with a transfer to Leverkusen rather than Villa.

All the rumours suggested he wasn't sure whether to come as he didn't want a relegation battle on his hands, not the type of player we needed at all. Now I wonder whether is was just his agent getting the PL involved to up his price.

Very happy with our business in the window.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly are our midfielders strengths? They are not good defensively, they are not good going forward. They are not creative..

Xhaka has done well to win fans back and show a good attitude, but i am still non plussed at what he actually excels at.

The problem we have is partey and auoar are both needed because our midfield at the moment is just a whole lot of nothing.

The issue is because of some of the deadwood at the club, fixing all those issues during Covid will not happen. Arsenal currently have over 25 million a year in wages being used on players who don't play...

Status
Not open for further replies.