• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Is Barca the real deal?
I said this right after the 8-2, Barça will have to fall much further to never be in a title race. La Liga has a very shallow pool of teams that can possibly win the title.

I mean, they most likely would have won last season without the lockdown splitting the season end off; the Champions League Real Madrid came out because they were likely treating the home stretch like a knockout competition mentally.
Atleti were unlucky that their 'rebuild' came in a year when both Barça and Real weren't very good although for how much they spend and the wages Simeone is on, I would've expected more title challenges from them since 2014.

These legacy issues at Barça won't go away overnight but when you don't have many challengers you're always in with a shot of winning when you still have good quality, even without much coherence.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said this right after the 8-2, Barça will have to fall much further to never be in a title race. La Liga has a very shallow pool of teams that can possibly win the title.

I mean, they most likely would have won last season without the lockdown splitting the season end off; the Champions League Real Madrid came out because they were likely treating the home stretch like a knockout competition mentally.
Atleti were unlucky that their 'rebuild' came in a year when both Barça and Real weren't very good although for how much they spend and the wages Simeone is on, I would've expected more title challenges from them since 2014.

These legacy issues at Barça won't go away overnight but when you don't have many challengers you're always in with a shot of winning when you still have good quality, even without much coherence.

I agree with you on this however would like to Add that Barca this season seems like a "refresh"

Last 3 season, they have struggled in a lot of games and were bailed by few players most of the time.

This season on the first 2 matches, they are really playing as a team

Quick Pass, High Press and less side way pass

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Klopp had inferior players when he started but never stuck 10 men behind the ball. Sorry I don't believe in that bs.
Klopp was guaranteed time and support in a way Arteta and Ole haven't.
That is credit to LFC management and supporters, but I have no problem with coaches adapting their strategy to keep their job. Putting 10 men behind the ball is as of now the best way to guarantee win against Klopp. There is no way that these two managers want this to be the norm, but in a transition period it makes total sense.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just watched the highlights. That has to be dumbest penalty to concede in minute 120. Holy shit.

And that freaking double post hitting pk miss....fuck AC Milan. What a mediocre shit team.
Yeah the dude panicked hard when he missed the header. Unlucky but partly their own fault. The penalties were kinda hilarious but very much heart attack inducing for either side lol

And yeah Milan is far from the team they used to be. Which is a shame. :S

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Europa League group stage draw:

120530604_3324957794226191_426316729525252948_o.jpg
120707390_3324957804226190_8307971982663619761_o.jpg
120725639_3324957800892857_2231057080570648811_o.jpg

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the highlights. That has to be dumbest penalty to concede in minute 120. Holy shit.

And that freaking double post hitting pk miss....fuck AC Milan. What a mediocre shit team.
Milan is indeed shit but keep in mind that yesterday they had their best players out and a couple of the youth team players on the field

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like we've got Ait-Nouri on his way as a Vinagre upgrade. Great bit of business, that.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Wishing him a speedy recovery

This is going to keep happening but fortunately for Liverpool, due to the international break, he should only miss one game

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've made our most important signing of the summer- Jimenez has signed a new contract until 2024.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Dembele isn't leaving and Depay isn't coming. Board needs to figure out the CB situation because if Todibo leaves, Barca will only have 3 CBs.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Elmas tested positive. we have 3 midfielder available, and probably a bunch of still dormant positive players that will infect Juventus players and staff tomorrow. Nice way to handle this

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
I've had it with the god damn board. Aouar staying at Lyon and Partey not looking likely. A colossal fuck up this transfer window.

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
Proud Leeds fan today no matter what we take away from this game.

Spent many years shaking my head at performances and decisions amongst the club but to see that fight and quality back around the club against teams like this is something special.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Proud Leeds fan today no matter what we take away from this game.

Spent many years shaking my head at performances and decisions amongst the club but to see that fight and quality back around the club against teams like this is something special.
gave Liverpool their toughest game so far too.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Is that really where City are. They need a goal so Stirling falls over every time he is in the box

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Serie A COVID Edition

No Napoli - Juve because of at least 2 cases, Napoli wasn't allowed to travel

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Only another 500m to spend and City might have a competent defence

Status