• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I am completely neutral in this game and that is one of the worst decisions I've seen. Get rid of these stupid rules, the officials and VAR. Shite the lot of them.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Its not VAR or the refs fault, they are correctly interpreting the rules.
I still don't see how that fits the interpretation of the new rule but nevertheless it is the fault of VAR because its implementation has led to these ridiculously stringent rules with no common sense applied. Nobody bats an eyelid if that isn't given as a penalty, even Everton fans.

The officials are just shit and are terrible even with the "help" of VAR, still lacking consistency with decisions. If they weren't so incompetent we wouldn't be in this mess of nonsense penalties in every game.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't see how that fits the interpretation of the new rule but nevertheless it is the fault of VAR because its implementation has led to these ridiculously stringent rules with no common sense applied. Nobody bats an eyelid if that isn't given as a penalty, even Everton fans.

The officials are just shit and are terrible even with the "help" of VAR, still lacking consistency with decisions. If they weren't so incompetent we wouldn't be in this mess of nonsense penalties in every game.

What exactly in the new rule is relevant to this situation?

www.premierleague.com

What's new in 2020/21: Handball Laws

A new interpretation of the law on handball made by the IFAB will be introduced this season

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
What exactly in the new rule is relevant to this situation?

www.premierleague.com

What's new in 2020/21: Handball Laws

A new interpretation of the law on handball made by the IFAB will be introduced this season

This is what Amazon put up on their coverage. The only thing I can assume is that they are saying his arm was away from his body, which is absurd. Players may has well just defend with their hands behind their backs because literally nothing Ward could have done to prevent that and there was nothing unnatural about his body position.

Your link reminds me that Chris Wood scored a goal after controlling with his arm for Burnley and VAR did fuck all though. Serious overhaul needed of the way games are officiated. Fed up with it.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

This is what Amazon put up on their coverage. The only thing I can assume is that they are saying his arm was away from his body, which is absurd. Players may has well just defend with their hands behind their backs because literally nothing Ward could have done to prevent that and there was nothing unnatural about his body position.

Your link reminds me that Chris Wood scored a goal after controlling with his arm for Burnley and VAR did fuck all though. Serious overhaul needed of the way games are officiated. Fed up with it.

His arm was away from the body and c clearly deflected a dangerous pass. There were plenty of penalties given for less in PL.

The rule is stupid and until the rule will change these situations will keep on appearing.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
£18M for Telles and United still haven't pulled the trigger. £80M for that fucking donkey is fine, but £18M for Telles is asking too much. If we're poor, why didn't we sign Cavani on a free? Why didn't we give Thiago what he wanted in salaries and bought him for the absolute bargain price Bayern were asking for him? Gods know our wage structure is already a joke. Why haven't we sold Smalling (who is all but out of the door)?

Oh god that Chelsea kit is amazingly awful! Jesus Christ Nike, wtf is that!?

They deserve to lose just for that alone.

Can't possibly be worse than United's Zebra Kit.

*checks*

tenor.gif

I can't wait for United to show up at Anfield wearing that Zebra kit and then getting mauled the fuck out of. They better not wear that damn third kit.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell- all that money spent this window, and you go down this badly at the fucking Baggies. What a state.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Chelsea remind me of last seasons Real Madrid: made all those great (on paper) signings but the team was still shit. Wonder if Lampard can turn this around...once Ziyech is able to play I'm guessing he'll be on the RW. Which means either Mount or Havertz needing to be dropped. Curious what his tactic will be.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Chelsea remind me of last seasons Real Madrid: made all those great (on paper) signings but the team was still shit. Wonder if Lampard can turn this around...once Ziyech is able to play I'm guessing he'll be on the RW. Which means either Mount or Havertz needing to be dropped. Curious what his tactic will be.
He'll find a way to play them all. Wouldn't surprise me if Kovacic were the one to miss out, with Kante, Mount and Havertz being in a three man midfield which I can't see working.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
He'll find a way to play them all. Wouldn't surprise me if Kovacic were the one to miss out, with Kante, Mount and Havertz being in a three man midfield which I can't see working.

Yeah don't see that working out, dunno if a 433 is even workable with this squad. They have the same type(ish) players up front and Lampard really needs to figure out what formation works out best for the team. Which could mean dropping some of his favorites(Mount).

Also, based on what I'm seeing. The type of football he wants to play is...unsure? Like he wants to attack it seems but the pressing happens without any real thought behind it. So you are left with rather large gaps in midfield because the players move individually instead of an unit.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah don't see that working out, dunno if a 433 is even workable with this squad. They have the same type(ish) players up front and Lampard really needs to figure out what formation works out best for the team. Which could mean dropping some of his favorites(Mount).

Also, based on what I'm seeing. The type of football he wants to play is...unsure? Like he wants to attack it seems but the pressing happens without any real thought behind it. So you are left with rather large gaps in midfield because the players move individually instead of an unit.
I don't think you can really judge the attack until Pulisic comes back. He opens things up so much and will make the midfield much more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.