• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some impressive CL moments. Too bad football is getting cancelled for a while with Rugani starting a chain reaction that stops CL and EL, probably championships too.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Wc 2022 is already mid season. There's now a precedent
The European Club Association would burn down UEFA's headquarters if UEFA decided to hold the Euros in December/January.

Qatar is a one off imo, not going to happen again, it's not like other confederations are pushing for a late year WC and the money is in Europe anyway.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
The European Club Association would burn down UEFA's headquarters if UEFA decided to hold the Euros in December/January.

Qatar is a one off imo, not going to happen again, it's not like other confederations are pushing for a late year WC and the money is in Europe anyway.
The next time an african nation gets the world cup it will probably have to be played in the winter too like the ANC

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it'll really suck not having the Euros this year but it's the only way to get through this situation. Make it's safe for everyone then finish the season first.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I predict EPL will maybe play another week or two. And then them along with all the leagues will just postpone until May or June and resume it then.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
That was the most Atlético performance I've ever seen.

new_pic2pixlr.png

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
Won't most leagues / championships / teams have some sort of insurance to help cover them financially for the losses all this rescheduling and cancelling will cause? I'm asking because that news about UEFA asking govts to let the Euros happen since most cities will have medical facilities to deal with the virus spread skeezes me out so much. Just shift the thing to 2021!

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Won't most leagues / championships / teams have some sort of insurance to help cover them financially for the losses all this rescheduling and cancelling will cause? I'm asking because that news about UEFA asking govts to let the Euros happen since most cities will have medical facilities to deal with the virus spread skeezes me out so much. Just shift the thing to 2021!
PSG said that playing behind closed doors cost them 6 million euros tonight. I doubt any insurance plan covers this

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
PSG said that playing behind closed doors cost them 6 million euros tonight. I doubt any insurance plan covers this
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't cover most of the costs. Would be especially harmful to the lower tier teams I'm sure. Still, most sensible situation if the spread continues to escalate would be to move the Euros to free up some calendar space and postpone the league games.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
It is unfortunate that pool lost, but does anyone else think away away goals should be scrapped after going into extra time? Doesn't that give the team playing away second a disadvantage since hypothetically the team playing away from home second gets more time to get an away goal? Firmino finally got his Anfield goal too haha

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
It is unfortunate that pool lost, but does anyone else think away away goals should be scrapped after going into extra time? Doesn't that give the team playing away second a disadvantage since hypothetically the team playing away from home second gets more time to get an away goal? Firmino finally got his Anfield goal too haha
They only have more time if the other team doesn't do their job.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Then the argument would be whoever is home the second leg has the "advantage" since they have extra time at home.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This really can be turned around, too. Liverpool has such great players and plays such a spectacular football, only to fumble the most important matches in the span of a few weeks losing their unbeatable run and getting eliminated from every cup by early March.

Atletico is what it is. I don't like their football personally, it's ugly to watch. It works, however.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Liverpool would have needed 2 other goals even if there was no difference between home and away goals. I don't think this rule affected the result that much.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really can be turned around, too. Liverpool has such great players and plays such a spectacular football, only to fumble the most important matches in the span of a few weeks losing their unbeatable run and getting eliminated from every cup by early March.

Atletico is what it is. I don't like their football personally, it's ugly to watch. It works, however.
he did say that he is a "sore looser".
Get fucked Liverpool

LTRC4YC4CNE4BELHYZFBSKWNAU.jpg
funny because these two are probably the most insane coaches out there. klopp became tame in liverpool though

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Liverpool would have needed 2 other goals even if there was no difference between home and away goals. I don't think this rule affected the result that much.

Changes a lot. They would have been tied when it went to 2-1. Changes the whole climate of the game. But like I said I get it, it is what it is. I still feel once a game enters extra time it should just go back to a normal match.

Allison was sorely missed and Adrian was immense the other times he stepped in for him, feel bad for him on the first goal especially.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I shouldn't be laughing like this on a CL night knowing my club will get knocked out by Diego's infected ghost next week. However I have 0 shame so huehuehue

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Changes a lot. They would have been tied when it went to 2-1. Changes the whole climate of the game. But like I said I get it, it is what it is. I still feel once a game enters extra time it should just go back to a normal match.

I kinda agree and disagree with this. It makes sense for each team to get 90 mins of being able to score away goals and 90 mins to try and prevent away goals. The problem is the extra time is still played at the home team's stadium and so they still have home advantage for it. Last night Liverpool had the entirety of Anfield not only cheering for them but booing Atletico every chance they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.