• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

player with bad knees & mobility goes to league full of artificial pitches, humid weather, and arduous travel. strange one this

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ezgif-6-0bbd702a63dd7mj3c.gif

I wonder what he said.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
We'll still win the EPL but it'll be by six points or less.
Lots of nervous angst ahead for LFC fans.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Losing the invincible tag is shit and would have been great to go unbeaten the whole season in the league. Problem is now everyone knows we're not invincible. Look at when fergie left United. Everyone starting going to OT and giving it a go.

Gonna be some nervous games now.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
i still expect them to be Bournemouth but it will be close. If the crowd fires them up against Athletico I can see them making a game of it but I still think they'll go out on away goals.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Losing the invincible tag is shit and would have been great to go unbeaten the whole season in the league. Problem is now everyone knows we're not invincible. Look at when fergie left United. Everyone starting going to OT and giving it a go.

Gonna be some nervous games now.
The crazy thing to me is it took this long. So many times this year you've dug one out in the last few minutes and got the points.

Come on Bournemouth!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both 2nd legs of the cup semifinals in Italy (Juventus-Milan today and Napoli-Inter tomorrow) are postponed. It's unclear what will happen with Serie A but the current situation seems to indicate all sports events in the next 30 days are gonna be either canceled or played behind closed doors. But the comittee built by the prime minister suggests, among other things, individual training sessions for sportsmen to avoid sweating "on each other" so to speak, and also a security distance of 1m from others when working. So I'm not sure they'd allow matches where this will clearly not happen, as on a corner kick alone you have like 18 people on top of each other at times.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
City vs Arsenal rescheduled for next Wednesday. Wonderful. Couldn't be more excited to see City stroll past us 3-0 without ever getting out of first gear.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
We'll still win the EPL but it'll be by six points or less.
Lots of nervous angst ahead for LFC fans.

Lot of us fans got too comfortable winning. A goal is a goal but we have had more than a few wins or a tie that came from a very strange place (Lallana, own goal, etc) and Klopp continues to play guys like Origi as a winger when it's proven to not work. When we lose guys like Henderson you can see that our control of the ball is only based on a few tactics that are run into the ground during training. You get a team like Atletí or Watford that defend deep and we are done and dusted because all creativity goes out the window.

Not to mention that guys like Fabinho probably spent most of their injury time and the winter break trying to make babies. He's basically done now. Not the same player at all. I'm thinking that Minamino is a dud signing as well—but the whole point of bringing him on anyways was for the Nike Japanese market...

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Lot of us fans got too comfortable winning. A goal is a goal but we have had more than a few wins or a tie that came from a very strange place (Lallana, own goal, etc) and Klopp continues to play guys like Origi as a winger when it's proven to not work. When we lose guys like Henderson you can see that our control of the ball is only based on a few tactics that are run into the ground during training. You get a team like Atletí or Watford that defend deep and we are done and dusted because all creativity goes out the window.

Not to mention that guys like Fabinho probably spent most of their injury time and the winter break trying to make babies. He's basically done now. Not the same player at all. I'm thinking that Minamino is a dud signing as well—but the whole point of bringing him on anyways was for the Nike Japanese market...

Is this a copypasta?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a copypasta?

Is telling the truth a copypasta in 2020? Look at the state of where red fans are on Twitter—you'd think someone died after 3 losses. To say we don't have improvements to make and to handwave genuine concern about squad depth away is sort of counterintuitive. We aren't guaranteed 4 wins in this current state.

A lot of our wins have been piss this season but to say "well we got 3 points so who cares" has only exacerbated the issue.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
iirc City had a similar slump in 17/18 when they lost to LFC and had a few other losses or draws in close proximity. Everyone has them, just an inopportune time for Liverpool and also they've nearly been unbeatable this season so even more of a shocker.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I saw rumors of Kane potentially leaving Spurs. Do you guys think that would actually happen?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed now: all matches in Italy in the next 30 days will be played behind closed doors. This inevitably means Juventus-Lyon will also be played without a crowd, and so will be the home match of the quarter-finals of the remaining Italians.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a liverpool fan, this season is over. Lets just put in our young squad and focus on rebuild. Fire klopp. Fire John Henry. Sell everyone. Its OVER!

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still baffled why managers play their second-best (and vastly inferior) keepers in cup games. These keepers often fuck up badly.
To give them match time/experience?
To 'rest' the first-choice keeper and stop potential injuries?
To give 'mental rest' for the first-choice keeper?
It's baffling. Keepers don't get fatigued.
The keeper fucks up and then there's a mad scramble to try and save the game, bringing on the team that should have started in the first place, but still with a shit keeper.
Start strong, get ahead, THEN sub players out when the game is won.
There's a weird dichotomy where managers send the message that they don't give a flying fuck about the cup game by picking a weak team, THEN scramble like mad trying to save the game when they invariably go behind. It's a pattern that repeats every damn season and it's infuriating.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Lol you sound like a Real Madrid fan.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
No, I mean, you are talking like a typical Real Madrid fan lol. Trademark pessimism.

Oh I'm personally not being a pessimist. Elsewhere I've gone on to explain my support of the club. Losses happen—it was bound to happen tbh. But I do think it's fair to comment on why a loss or a series of losses have occurred. Obviously they can and will right the ship, but there are some depth issues that become more prevalent when key players are injured like Hendo, or starters coming back out of form.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
RIP Mirandés. You had a great run, nothing to be ashamed of!

Also, I had no idea Januzaj was playing for Real Sociedad. Remember when he was United's top promise? Good times.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
FA Cup Quarter Final Draw:

Sheffield United vs Arsenal
Newcastle vs Manchester City
Norwich vs Derby/Manchester United
Leicester vs Chelsea

Last edited:

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
There's lots of tension between Mané and Salah.

Also the fact that Mané didn't really like Klopp campaigning for Van Djik during the last Golden Ball award

Can't believe you're giving us these nuggets for free when The Sun pays their journos thousands to make up bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.