• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Haha, Mariano scored.

Any manager who have Vinicius and Mariano scoring against him should just quit.

Yup. Well to be honest, let's see. Barca's defense was slow as fuck. Every counter would've been a goal if it wasn't for Vinicius' finishing. Casemiro totally neutralized Messi and no goals ever came from Griezmann. And when your hopes are on Rakitic and Ansu pulling off a miracle with 10 mins to go....

I mean, it's bad planning and bad managing overall.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yup. Well to be honest, let's see. Barca's defense was slow as fuck. Every counter would've been a goal if it wasn't for Vinicius' finishing. Casemiro totally neutralized Messi and no goals ever came from Griezmann. And when your hopes are on Rakitic and Ansu pulling off a miracle with 10 mins to go....

I mean, it's bad planning and bad managing overall.

Tbh it's not like Setien had many options on the bench. Half the team is in the hospital lol. Not an excuse tho. Madrid were better today.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I agree he probably wouldn't have saved it. That's not a consideration though. Look at the video here just at the moment the ball is deflected. His upper body is clearly in the line of sight from De Gea to the Utd player's ankle deflecting the ball. The replay at 1:09 shows it more clearly. The general consensus afterwards seems to be in agreement.

Look at the Everton player though. He's laying there in an offside position for 4+ seconds, then when the ball comes at him he instantly moves out of the way then leaps to his feet and sprints off to celebrate. It's his own damn fault.

www.youtube.com

Everton stoppage-time winner ruled offside by VAR | Premier League | NBC Sports

Dominic Calvert-Lewin's last-gasp effort deflects off Harry Maguire and into the goal, but VAR rules Gylfi Sigurdsson offside on the play to deny Everton a w...
I disagree - DeGea had an eye on it every moment to the degree one would expect with the given deflection. 1:09 conclusively shows that at no point did his eyes leave the ball...at no point did he not know where the ball was. The player being there for any amount of time is not relevant - he could have just been standing on the corner flag (obvious offside position) for a full minute and still not have interfered less that what he did here. (I agree he should have just gotten up but that isn't really pertinent to the ruling)

I have zero rooting interest here - just want the game called in a logical way that is consistent with the rules. It failed on both accounts here.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're down one goal and you have to score, then you don't take a striker off. C'mon Setien.

Last edited:

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
That Griezmann transfer is gonna put Barcelona in a Gareth Bale situation with the tentative form he's putting on at the moment.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vini needs a lot to work but...hes only 19 right?
He has time and some talent (Rodrygo is better)

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What an incredible match to watch in the stadium (At pitch level too), glad I spent the money. Fuck the haters, Madrid has the superior midfield and Vinicius has some serious talent.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
We've spent £379m on players in the last three seasons. What a waste of money. Wage is still somehow rising too.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The question is can Liverpool get the league won before football gets cancelled, which I'd say there's a high chance of now

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The various Youth League matches supposed to be played in Italy were all postponed by a week for now. Juventus-Real Madrid, Inter-Rennes and Atalanta-Lyon alike. No decisions regarding the "proper" UCL match Juventus-Lyon, but there's rumblings of both playing without a crowd and playing in a neutral stadium in a different country.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The various Youth League matches supposed to be played in Italy were all postponed by a week for now. Juventus-Real Madrid, Inter-Rennes and Atalanta-Lyon alike. No decisions regarding the "proper" UCL match Juventus-Lyon, but there's rumblings of both playing without a crowd and playing in a neutral stadium in a different country.
Seems to me playing in a different country would encourage thousands of people from north Italy to travel there.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Mikel. Mate. Please. Give a Saka a rest before you run him into the ground eh? Luiz playing again as well. Sokratis at right back instead of AMN...

Happy with that front 4 though.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I disagree - DeGea had an eye on it every moment to the degree one would expect with the given deflection. 1:09 conclusively shows that at no point did his eyes leave the ball...at no point did he not know where the ball was. The player being there for any amount of time is not relevant - he could have just been standing on the corner flag (obvious offside position) for a full minute and still not have interfered less that what he did here. (I agree he should have just gotten up but that isn't really pertinent to the ruling)

I have zero rooting interest here - just want the game called in a logical way that is consistent with the rules. It failed on both accounts here.

The keeper can't know that he's offside and he has to assume that if he's right there and the ball is going at him, that he might touch it. If he's a yard either side it's a goal.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
This was the most encouraging thing on Saturday. We've got 4 pacey attackers who aren't afraid of getting stuck in; it's vital for Moyes' high pressing game. I have no idea why Pellegrini and then Moyes were so reluctant to start Fornals, he oozes class and works his nads off. The only way we stay up is if we keep these boys fit and firing.

MOTD_1.gif

This lad has so much in him and we need to see more of it

MOTD_2.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see that with people dying left and right, all the Serie A teams are merely thinking about which scenario is best for their team's ambitions. Juventus didn't want to lose the home crowd advantage and the money so they opposed a closed doors Juventus-Inter. Something Inter would have wanted for obvious reasons, hence they were against pushing it to May. March 9 was good for them yesterday, then when they realized it's probably not gonna be closed doors (if anything, it could be Inter fans excluded only because of the quarantine) they opposed that date again. Juventus and Atalanta were ultimately open to even play 1 or 2 days before their European fixtures for emergency, but other teams opposed this. Meanwhile half the small team owners are trying to find their 5 minutes of fame claiming the Serie A is literal mafia and that the season is no longer legal because some matches had to be moved for emergency precautions.

This fucking virus is claiming victims left and right, and there's gonna be damage in the billions for the country as a whole between everything, but unfortunately winning the game of kicking a ball remains the most important thing to most people. And most fans certainly enjoy getting the discourse down to those levels.

EDIT: I'd most appreciate if teams were simply honest about this. They are all in this to win it, they don't care about the virus, they just want the best possible results and income. That is fair, to an extent. But hiding behind faux worries about what's best for the viewers, what's best for the TVs, what's best to stop the virus. Just stop this damn charade and just say it out loud: I want to play on date X in these conditions because it's the most optimal for me. Shit-tier excuses like Inter's about wanting to avoid the TV to lose out too much money by playing the two Coppa Italia matches on the same night... yeah, that's just really, really dumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.