• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool fans on Twitter all like "nah, it's cool, we were always going to lose at some point, good to have it out of the way" as if they didn't totally buy into the invincible thing and aren't totally fucking gutted

I mean going through a season undefeated is sweet. But I said all along I rather go for a treble or double instead of being unbeaten.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Still the best team the PL has ever seen but nice to quieten down the Liverpool fans for a bit.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Liverpool fans on Twitter all like "nah, it's cool, we were always going to lose at some point, good to have it out of the way" as if they didn't totally buy into the invincible thing and aren't totally fucking gutted

Actually I agree. Every single game for the past 3 months had me sitting on the edge of my seat with my heartbeat racing. Now it's done. We'll win the league regardless.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's like deciding between shit and more shit.
No. Matip is a more capable defender than Lovren. Matip can't play with Lovren because of how erratic Lovren can be. Lovren brings panic in the defense as you saw today. I knew we were going to lose this game the minute I saw Lovren starting. It's a shame Gomez couldn't play today we would have been more effective in defense.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arsenal 03/04- Invincibles

Manchester City 17/18- Centurions

Liverpool- 19/20- So near yet so VARs

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Finally caught up to that Dortmund-Freiburg match, this is what being a Dortmund supporter looks like on match day

irregular-fast-heart-beat-illustration-id1061668560

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
No Liverpool fan were claiming we would go undefeated. We were going to lose at some point but don't think many expected it to be Watford.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
And? They can afford to lose 6 games ffs and would still have a lead.
And you don't think Liverpool are capable of losing six games playing like this? Lots of wins have been lucky last-minute smash & grabs this season. We've had more than our fair share of luck and it ran out big time today.
Big games coming up, including a six-pointer with MC.
Teams will fancy their chances after today.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally caught up to that Dortmund-Freiburg match, this is what being a Dortmund supporter looks like on match day

irregular-fast-heart-beat-illustration-id1061668560
Why did Hummels go off? Your defense is looking a lot better now that trash fraud Akanji is benched for Zag. 3 clean sheets in the last 4 games since he's joined the starting XI. Just saw their schedule for the next 3 games
away BMG
away PSG
home Schalke

If Dortmund keeps everyone, officially buys Hakimi and buy Upamecano from Leipzig, they will be one of the best teams in Europe next season.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
No. Matip is a more capable defender than Lovren. Matip can't play with Lovren because of how erratic Lovren can be. Lovren brings panic in the defense as you saw today. I knew we were going to lose this game the minute I saw Lovren starting. It's a shame Gomez couldn't play today we would have been more effective in defense.

I also figured we would lose based on Lovren being in, but Matip is awful as well.

Henderson and Gomez out isn't helping us at all.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I've only followed the PL for the last 10 years or so on and off, but what would be the best teams ever in your estimation?
Just in reverse chronological order:
Liverpool 19/20
City 17/18
Chelsea 04/05
Arsenal 03/04 (Invincibles)
United 98/99

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Why did Hummels go off? Your defense is looking a lot better now that trash fraud Akanji is benched for Zag.

If Dortmund keeps everyone, officially buys Hakimi and buy Upamecano from Leipzig, they will be one of the best teams in Europe next season.

I'm guessing he was fatigued, played too many fixtures recently. Akanji for all his faults has a playstyle that needs the rest of the wingers/defenders to step up since he plays a high defensive line; when the others aren't doing their assignments, he'll look like absolute dogshit on camera.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And you don't think Liverpool are capable of losing six games playing like this? Lots of wins have been lucky last-minute smash & grabs this season. We've had more than our fair share of luck and it ran out big time today.
Big games coming up, including a six-pointer with MC.
Teams will fancy their chances after today.

Oh come on. With the other teams' form right now, even if Liverpool lost all remaining matched 6-0 it's not guaranteed anybody would even catch up. Liverpool isn't gonna piss away 20 points in 2 months.

Scousefury

Oct 28, 2017
As soon as i saw Lovren i knew the gig was up. Shrewsbury was proof enough the lad is beyond fucking shit and does not play enough to gain any sort of form. But still if the other 10 play well we could still win. Sadly every single player had their worst 90 mins in a Liverpool kit. Only thing we can hope for is a the correct reaction next week at home.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Oh come on. With the other teams' form right now, even if Liverpool lost all remaining matched 6-0 it's not guaranteed anybody would even catch up. Liverpool isn't gonna piss away 20 points in 2 months.
I didn't say they would. I said it could be a nervous time unless we regain some form.
The aura has been well and truly shattered today. Teams were beaten before they stepped onto the pitch this season. I don't think that'll be the case any longer.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say they would. I said it could be a nervous time unless we regain some form.
The aura has been well and truly shattered today. Teams were beaten before they stepped onto the pitch this season. I don't think that'll be the case any longer.
Probably a good way to put it,
Plus City have looked quite good as of late. Who knows how that Derby will go tomorrow.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I thought City away would be when the undefeated run came to an end but Watford were incredible today. It's always fun to read bitter comments now the run is over but after scraping past West Ham and now losing to Watford I am even more doubtful they'll be able to beat an Athletico side who didn't even give them a shot on target in the first leg. Hopefully they'll batter Chelsea in the cup and all will be well again.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
they're still going to win the league mate
Meh. Let them have their fun. Only trophy they can get this season is the "Liverpool Lost" trophy.

I thought City away would be when the undefeated run came to an end but Watford were incredible today. It's always fun to read bitter comments now the run is over but after scraping past West Ham and now losing to Watford I am even more doubtful they'll be able to beat an Athletico side who didn't even give them a shot on target in the first leg. Hopefully they'll batter Chelsea in the cup and all will be well again.
Isn't it funny the last time we lost in the league, Lovren was in the team and we played like shit. Also why on earth was he against Deeney and not VvD?

Last edited:

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how they respond against Chelsea in the FA Cup though. That'll be telling.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I am quite sad our run finally ended, I didn't watch the match but we apparently played shite so fair enough.

Going unbeaten was always going to be a tall order, with city away still to play I'm not convinced it was going to happen.

Focus on Chelsea now and then Athletico.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I am quite sad our run finally ended, I didn't watch the match but we apparently played shite so fair enough.

Going unbeaten was always going to be a tall order, with city away still to play I'm not convinced it was going to happen.

Focus on Chelsea now and then Athletico.
Don't you guys also play Bournemouth in between? Probably important not to overlook that one.

Oct 28, 2017
Other than Arsenal fans being happy the worst part of this is that now especially if Athletico knock us out we'll have almost nothing to play for. Title is won invincibles is gone. Suppose we do have the points record to seal still.

Status
Not open for further replies.