• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Once Lolpetegui, forever Lolpetegui. How this man managed to get a spot in the Spanish National Team, Real Madrid and Sevilla AFTER making his spell at Porto is well and truly beyond me.

--

Apparently Leverkusen has "stolen" our best CB (20 year old kid, from Burkina Faso) for ~18M€ + 7M€ in objectives. While it is good money (in theory, the 18M€ alone is enough to pay for the next 3 or 4 seasons as far as salaries go) he is also a key player in our squad, so the chances of another consecutive Europa League presence are pretty much busted right now IMO.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Seems like Trincao is a good player. Matheu Fernandes is apparently a shady transfer.
While Trincão has potential (remains to be seen if it's not squandered at Barça) the deal itself is pretty shady. He played ~22 matches (between all competitions) and maybe a handful as an actual starter. There is absolutely no way he is worth 31M€ (which are the public numbers, as far as I know).

Jorge Mendes is very much getting the lion's share of that transfer, as per usual.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
DBT85 well, you did say your transfer activity was all over the shop...
A body is better than no body and if nothing else he knows where the net is.

Weird. Josh King sure that one I could still understand but Ighalo?

As podge said, King was going to cost stupid money for what is at the end of the day, Josh King. Plus we'd have him for like 3 or 4 years. At least with this its just a stop gap.

Without him if Martial died we'd be utterly utterly fucked.

Talks of us wanting one of the Dembeles in the summer but I have no idea which one.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Big game today, really need a result against Leicester. I'm glad Frank has dropped Kepa but hopefully Willy takes his chance. Not sold in the midfield of Kante & Jorginho though and Mount needs to find some form again.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Big game today, really need a result against Leicester. I'm glad Frank has dropped Kepa but hopefully Willy takes his chance. Not sold in the midfield of Kante & Jorginho though and Mount needs to find some form again.

Good grief, what about the real big game?

Tractor Boys vs The Posh

Only two points separate them, and it's our local-ish derby in League One!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Good grief, what about the real big game?

Tractor Boys vs The Posh

Only two points separate them, and it's our local-ish derby in League One!

Hopefully Town can win, they need to play Norden up with Jackson, they were great in the first quarter of the season. Town need to bounce back after the Rotherham result where they were pretty poor.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Its
A body is better than no body and if nothing else he knows where the net is.

As podge said, King was going to cost stupid money for what is at the end of the day, Josh King. Plus we'd have him for like 3 or 4 years. At least with this its just a stop gap.

Without him if Martial died we'd be utterly utterly fucked.

Talks of us wanting one of the Dembeles in the summer but I have no idea which one.
Lol, watch United pay 100M+ for fucking Ousmane Dembelé, only to have him be injured all the time, exactly like at Barcelona.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
By the end of the Chelsea v United game in a few days, United could be either level on points with Chelsea or 12 points behind. Could be a huge week for our top 4 chance.

Its

Lol, watch United pay 100M+ for fucking Ousmane Dembelé, only to have him be injured all the time, exactly like at Barcelona.
Don't think thats the one we want. Lyon?

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We need to bounce back today but Vardy looked slow on Tuesday and not sure about choudry playing there, think I'd prefer mendy

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So Favre could have Hazard, Sancho, Reus behind Haaland to set up one of the best attacking teams in Europe. Benches Hazard whose been really good this season to keep his wonky 3-4-2-1 formation instead. Jesus Christ, he's almost as bad as the clown that use to coach Bayern until recently.

giphy.gif

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fortunate to get a draw out of that, poor attacking play from us. So frustrating, we have no killer instinct.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
So Favre could have Hazard, Sancho, Reus behind Haaland to set up one of the best attacking teams in Europe. Benches Hazard whose been really good this season to keep his wonky 3-4-2-1 formation instead. Jesus Christ, he's almost as bad as the clown that use to coach Bayern until recently.
Yeah I don't like benching Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.