• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the transfers that could have happened this window, Ashley Young to Inter Milan is the absolute last thing I would ever have expected.

Is Ole finally clearing the rot?

All the best to him, though. In his prime he was one of United's greatest but he really hasn't been up to it for about 3 years, now.

FatUnhappyFennecfox-size_restricted.gif

Now we should get rid of Woodward next and find a person for the position that actually knows what they are doing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the transfers that could have happened this window, Ashley Young to Inter Milan is the absolute last thing I would ever have expected.

All the best to him, though. In his prime he was one of United's greatest but he really hasn't been up to it for about 3 years, now.

And judging by what happened with Lukaku, United will have sold a player who's been playing terribly for them for good money, while Inter gets a great player for a reasonable price all in all. I mean, Lukaku's probably gonna end the season scoring more than he did at Manchester United in 3 seasons, and Serie A defenses are notoriously tougher to crack. Feels like Young making the move is a win-win scenario.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

I was reading this just fine and then got to the bit where you said the words prime and greatest in the same sentence.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017

The guy eats bird shit mate.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
so another Brazilian talent about to be wasted on Madrids bench for the foreseeable future

yay

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading this just fine and then got to the bit where you said the words prime and greatest in the same sentence.

The sentence how it should have read:

"He was one of United's greatest on field liabilities, and he really has propelled it to another level for about the last 3 years, now."

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Wow....Floyd Mayweather at #1? I mean I have respect for boxer...they take a hell of a beating. But had no idea it is THAT lucrative.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else watching the Lisbon derby just to see if Fernandes get snapped in half?

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Ashley Young peaked in his first three matches for United; he was awesome in the 8-2. Afterward, he ranged from OK to awful barring a few games where he and Fellaini worked up a crossing chemistry. In particular, his inability to sprint and dribble at the same time (he'd always half-trip or take a touch way too short or long) was infuriating for a mostly-winger. Fortunately he adjusted to this flaw in his game and is no longer able to sprint.

I wish him the best of luck at Inter; if there's anywhere someone can thrive who can't run but can put in a decent cross when under zero pressure can thrive, it's Italy.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Wow....Floyd Mayweather at #1? I mean I have respect for boxer...they take a hell of a beating. But had no idea it is THAT lucrative.
Mayweather is something of a unicorn in that aspect. He built a career on people wanting to pay to watch his fights so they can see him lose, only he never did.

He's believed to have made somewhere between $200m and $300m off of the McGregor fight alone.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lets fking go haaland. #1

selfish sancho denies the 2nd goal LOL

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Watching that Dortmund game is very entertaining.

They have so much quality but Favre isn't the right one to really unleash it imo.
Pep would make a killer squad out of these players (and i hate Pep) .

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Imagine if Haaland was at BVB last year, zero chance we win a title with that bum ass coach in charge. If Dortmund could fix their defensive issues, they'd be one of the top 4-5 teams in Europe. They're easily going to have one of the best attacks in the world now not just because of quality but fit.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
lol. Shoulder to should defending and goal overruled. Handball and goal stands. What is this ref doing.

I think it was because that Sevilla player intentionally obstructs Militao giving De Jong a free header. You can see it well from the camera angle behind the goal. Right call. But yeah the handball goal should have been disallowed.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Jovic backheel assist vs Sevilla. Guti would be proud.

I think it was because that Sevilla player intentionally obstructs Militao giving De Jong a free header. You can see it well from the camera angle behind the goal. Right call. But yeah the handball goal should have been disallowed.

That was a nothing call tbh. 9/10 times it won't be given.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine if Haaland was at BVB last year, zero chance we win a title with that bum ass coach in charge. If Dortmund could fix their defensive issues, they'd be one of the top 4-5 teams in Europe. They're easily going to have one of the best attacks in the world now not just because of quality but fit.
akanji needs to go, only plays every damn game cause favre is swiss too. cant see that shit anymore, defends like an idiot

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
If our defense was half as good as our offense, especially with Haaland now...

What a game though, whew!

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
akanji needs to go, only plays every damn game cause favre is swiss too. cant see that shit anymore, defends like an idiot
I forgot he's Swiss.. yeah, that explains a lot. They need a fast CB badly this summer. Really needs half the defense replaced to be honest lol.. they're fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.