• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
You know the club doesn't pay the sponsor right.........

tenor.gif

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool fans can stop pretending they're still worried about throwing it away now and admit they're eyeing the points record and an unbeaten season

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Liverpool fans can stop pretending they're still worried about throwing it away now and admit they're eyeing the points record and an unbeaten season
It's only halftime at the season and Liverpool had many last minute goals /close games this and last season. 1-2 key injuries and things are looking different.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's only halftime at the season and Liverpool had many last minute goals /close games this and last season. 1-2 key injuries and things are looking different.

City should be more worried about missing out on top 4 than catching Liverpool, I honestly think Tottenham will end up second

Edit - they're actually further behind Leicester than I thought, I think they will go on a winning run though

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Liverpool have had their share of key injuries already. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Alisson, Salah, Firminio, Fabinho, Gini, Matip, Lovren, and Henderson have all been injured at some point in the season already. Did you forget that Alisson was out from the very first game until mid October for the United game? He was gone for 9 weeks and people thought we were going to struggle without him but yet we did good with Adrian. VvD was also sick and barely made it back in time for the final. Now we have Chamberlain and he won't be back until Feb. So people act like we haven't had our share of injuries. We just have been able to cope with it.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Leicester are the ones who should be worried about injuries, or one particular injury I should say

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah that's where I'm at at this point. The title is done. It's just a question of how high our points total will be, will we go the season unbeaten and will we win any other trophies.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How do you lose to Watford who went down to 10 men? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Aston Villa realising what it feels like to play against experienced players and not a bunch of kids.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Var is fine but this offside lines thing the prem uses is pretty stupid for sure. Most of the time they manipulate it to make it be offside

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The VAR offside decisions are getting more ridiculous by the day. There was literally not enough definition in the video feed to discern that supposed offside in Tottenham-Norwich.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Losing to Leicester's B team... We should have sacked Pellegrini after Newcastle. What is the point in pretending he's going to get a few results, come back and fix this mess? It's all over for him. We all know it.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
pukki's beard was clearly offside lol.
Nah it's a total joke. Even spurs fans on Twitter are talking about how he got robbed of a goal.
I think the problem is expecting that giving referees more technology is going to make things better. It's clear that, to become a referee, one has to undergo a process of moral and intellectual degradation that leaves no common sense left. The problem is not the VAR, it's the referees.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It needs to be at least a foot of your torso or something to qualify as offside. None of this knee hair mm garbage.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I think the problem is expecting that giving referees more technology is going to make things better. It's clear that, to become a referee, one has to undergo a process of moral and intellectual degradation that leaves no common sense left. The problem is not the VAR, it's the referees.

yeah, that's true. The idea was that Var would give them a chance to correct glaring mistakes, but it just seems to add more chances for them to get something wrong.

Edit: just saw the Premier League's official response, which claims that Pukki's goal was ruled off because he was offside in the run-up to the play. So...even though he got back level before the ball was played, he's offside? What?

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
How do you lose to Watford who went down to 10 men? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Aston Villa realising what it feels like to play against experienced players and not a bunch of kids.

Sucks to see but Villa really dont look like they have it in them to survive the drop...

Wont be surprised if we see Grealish at United next season.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: just saw the Premier League's official response, which claims that Pukki's goal was ruled off because he was offside in the run-up to the play. So...even though he got back level before the ball was played, he's offside? What?
It's nonsensical; they got it completely wrong and are trying to save face (and looking more stupid while doing so).

VAR should be used purely for clear and obvious errors only, otherwise the referee's decision should stand.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
yeah, that's true. The idea was that Var would give them a chance to correct glaring mistakes, but it just seems to add more chances for them to get something wrong.

Change years and years of offside precedent before honestly owning up to a mistake...

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
i turned on the game to see Pukki mess up 2 horrible chances and score within 40 seconds.

the no son effect

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
It needs to be at least a foot of your torso or something to qualify as offside. None of this knee hair mm garbage.
My rule is best. If the VAR can't tell 100% from a freezer frame inside 20 secs, it's allowed to stand. No lines. If you need lines it was too fucking close.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Just poured myself a quadruple vodka & coke, only thing that's going to cheer me up now is another Ole masterclass

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
As bad as VAR is, the regular officiating has gone down the pan too.

Burnley are the dirtiest team we've played this season, should be down to 10 if not 9 by now, and the only thing keeping this game close is Mike Dean's total incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.