• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Arsenal needs a coach and a bunch of good players to replace their dead weight.

Honestly it feels like if they had a proper defense, they'd be doing alright (with or without Emery).

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Arsenal going down fast now, they looked like they only had 8 players on the pitch last night.

5 games in a row conceding two goals

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Wenger should have been gone after those two seasons where we kept getting thrashed by the other top 6 teams, that was ages ago

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd laugh if he goes to Everton after all the pundits and fans saying he wouldn't consider Arsenal because he can do better

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
It's actually amazing Man Utd are the worst they've ever been with a totally incompetent manager and Arsenal still decide to be worse.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Poch is gonna take the rest of the season off. Im not expecting him to comeback so soon unless some club throws everything at him.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
so, chelsea got their money pants back on then? who are they buying in january? still think sancho is probably slated for liverpool if they can figure out the details with dortmund. nike seems set at wanting to make him a player to build profile on.

leicester gonna let chillwell go to chelsea in january already? chelsea 100% need to strengthen defense as soon as possible. chelsea gonna get into the mix on all the players laurentiis napoli meltdown have up for grabs? koulibaly to chelsea?

chelsea need one cb that can lead and organize the backline, and a left back. winger they can probably wait until summer, so defense + a rotation striker (personally i'd replace kepa's useless ass though too)

I still think Poch is gonna take the rest of the season off. Im not expecting him to comeback so soon unless some club throws everything at him.

same, i think all the information circling that he's been running on fumes for quite a while probably has a bit of merit to it.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I've never heard of a manager getting a 5 and a half year contract. That's crazy.

Great for Rodgers, though.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
I've never heard of a manager getting a 5 and a half year contract. That's crazy.

Great for Rodgers, though.

New-Manchester-United-manager-David-Moyes.jpg

6 Year contract neva 4get

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Question becomes, do Leicester go back to becoming a mid-table club next year? Or do they now consistently contend for top 4 for a while?

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I think Leicester will hang around peak Moyes-Everton levels. I'd expect Spurs and United to be substantially better next season than they are this year (and fwiw Leicester and United are level on expected goals right now). Preseason expected finishes of 6th-7th, good enough to make top-4 challenges when the bounces go their way and when competitors are bad.

In particular, I agree that Vardy at age 33 is soon going to be a gaping squad hole that it's very difficult for a club like Leicester to fill.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
I think Leicester will hang around peak Moyes-Everton levels. I'd expect Spurs and United to be substantially better next season than they are this year (and fwiw Leicester and United are level on expected goals right now). Preseason expected finishes of 6th-7th, good enough to make top-4 challenges when the bounces go their way and when competitors are bad.

In particular, I agree that Vardy at age 33 is soon going to be a gaping squad hole that it's very difficult for a club like Leicester to fill.

psure xg does not account for ''where inside the box'' shots are taken from. so a team like city will have 90% of theirs taken from around the penalty spot. and a team like united will have theirs taken from weird angles or players will have put one toe inside the penalty area and then fired.

the owners at leicester are also investing alot in the club, building a brand new training facility/academy and they have one of the best scouting networks in europe up and running. i don't see leicester falling off.

and comparably? united need to buy an entire middfield (plus a winger,striker and a left back), they have one player in pogba who is world class, and they haven't a prayer in hell to keep hold of him. spurs have a severly aging backline (and none in line to replace them) and fullbacks who are absolute trash. lloris is getting up there in age aswell.

both spurs and united have to invest several hundred million to get anywhere near top 4 on a regular basis.

where as, leicester need to replace vardy within the next two years, and bled a couple of the young promising cb's they have. other then that their squad is very healthy age wise.

what leicester is building is something real. it's not a moyes or silva everton project where they piss away 450 million in a handfull of years.

and we already know any club that try approaching leicester to buy talent, will get hung up and bled dry. them sureing up rodgers show they are serious aswell.

but i mean we'll see next summer what spurs and united does, but trust me. they want top 4 back they are both lookin at spending several hundred mill. especially united who have no senior players to bled their academy, and a scouting network that is a certified joke.

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Man we should get Ancelotti or someone of that caliber....defensively I have no idea what can be accomplished.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
it's being reported that they do not have a lot of money to spend on the next manager.

Oh wow that's gonna be tough. Realistically the best manager I can see them possibly get is Tuchel or maybe even Ten Hag at the end of the season. They actually have a decent squad but they're gonna need like a really good coach to get the best out of this team. But if they're budget is really constraint then they're really screwed.Gonna have to get real creative.

Curious to see what someone like Arteta would be like in that position.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem is that you'll have several clubs looking for a new coach.
Don't get me wrong, I think both would be great gets for Arsenal, I just think another big club might snatch either of them up.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
I think the problem is that you'll have several clubs looking for a new coach.
Don't get me wrong, I think both would be great gets for Arsenal, I just think another big club might snatch either of them up.
Yeah that's definitely likely.
Have no idea who they're gonna get though. Their whole situation is dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.