• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
dda6bef4166bfe4267a63c48b45e4f06_100_100.png

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Morata missed the ball inches away from the goal basically. He was probably offside though. Juventus won again, is 1st in the group.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
OMG Bale, nearly a worldie freekick! would've been a hilarious turn of events at the Bernabeu.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Great game. Real was really good in everything but defence. Navas was amazing and PSG is learning to be also cynical and not lose their head after being denied a penalty and being 0-2 down.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What an intense, incredible match. Madrid played incredible, but you really musn't underestimate PSG. Two mistakes cost us the victory, and we nearly lost.

If Bale had scored that free kick in the last minute... He was so close!!!

INST

Nov 2, 2017
That defence is still shaky. Varane should be subbed for Militao at least. Valverde should not have been subbed, he is the glue keeping it all together. Bummer about Hazard, game changed after that. Also Courtois is crap.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The change from a top class keeper like Navas, who helped the team win 3 CL's in a row, to Courtois will never not be hilarious. Florentino messed it up, massively.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
rm middfield is dead without valverde, don't see them making it very far once the knockout stage is here. psg could get to the semi's if they are lucky. but that defense def isn't much to write home about.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy to see how Courtois has fallen in the recent years.
Back in 2014, people were debating if he could be the best keeper in the world at that time.

Last edited:

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
still don't rate tuchel. and unless you are buying an entire backline? i don't see it. the only senior player is thiago silva, and he's a headcase.
Koulibaly is Leonardo's main target

Along with Malcom and Eriksen (but those are offensive picks with Neymar potentially leaving after this season)

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I've been playing Football Manager 19 for the last few weeks, and it's rekindled a fondness for football, which I haven't really followed in a long time. Decided to look at the table just now.....wtf am I looking at. Wolves, Sheff Utd and Burnley in the top 10? Arsenal and Man U have played 13 but only won 4 games?

giphy.gif

Anyways...I'm currently reading a fantastic book I thought worth recommending: Zonal Marking by Michael Cox. A fascinating insight into how European teams transitioned from one style of tactic to another through the decades. Chapter one was about Dutch Total Football, chapter two was Italian defensive Catenaccio, and I'm currently up to chapter three charting the rise of the French post-1998. Lots of gems and nuggets of info, not just on tactics but the personalities of the sport.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyways...I'm currently reading a fantastic book I thought worth recommending: Zonal Marking by Michael Cox. A fascinating insight into how European teams transitioned from one style of tactic to another through the decades. Chapter one was about Dutch Total Football, chapter two was Italian defensive Catenaccio, and I'm currently up to chapter three charting the rise of the French post-1998. Lots of gems and nuggets of info, not just on tactics but the personalities of the sport.

Read Inverting The Pyramid and The Mixer next.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Are Arsenal and/or ManU fans ready for Jesus? Because you lot might be getting a whole lotta Jesus pretty soon, depending on how the Club World Cup goes for Flamengo.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

think getting koulibaly over the line in january is going to be next to impossible. sure you sold a bunch of young players, n'kunku should not have been one of them. icardi is a loan deal, herera came on a free (and has barely played) gueye is a good buy, eventhough he's almost 30.

and malcom? the guy who is slumming it in russia who can't even buy a few minutes per game? that malcom?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
think getting koulibaly over the line in january is going to be next to impossible. sure you sold a bunch of young players, n'kunku should not have been one of them. icardi is a loan deal, herera came on a free (and has barely played) gueye is a good buy, eventhough he's almost 30.

and malcom? the guy who is slumming it in russia who can't even buy a few minutes per game? that malcom?
Yes that Malcom

And yes I'm puzzled too.

Icardi is a loan with a 65 million buying option and that loan was the first step into replacing Cavani

As for Herera, well, he's injured (shit happens)

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Yes that Malcom

And yes I'm puzzled too.

by all account malcom is another alex texiera, that's not gonna end well. aye, i know that icardi came with a buy option. think it's very brave if you attempt to build around icardi though given his past.

for nkunku it was the best thing that could have happened probably, getting a coach like nagelsmann to develop him further. but trust me, that kid is a future world beater. herera is a good squad player, i rate herera.

but like you need fullbacks, you need a playmaker and a motor for your middfield, due to how injury prone verratti is.

getting sarabia in was great business, navas is good aswell. he's a line gk though so his whole style is built on his exellent reflexes, so he'll be one of those gk's that is just all of a sudden gonna be trash over night. it won't even be gradual, it'll be like he all of a sudden fell off a cliff.

who was it you bought from bvb? i forget if it was akanji or diallo (i think it was diallo right?) who knows about him. i don't think kimpembe is ever gonna be what people thought he would a few years back.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take the 2-2, we've improved tons since the start of the season cause at least now out attack is starting to work.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
wonder what's happened with courtois, he's only 27 so his reflexes should not be an issue already. could be as simple as he doesn't feel secure what so ever when he's being protected by a line like rm have.

and i mean the courtois that atleti had and who went back to chelsea? that guy was a maverick. both those teams had backlines who were alot more solid though.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
by all account malcom is another alex texiera, that's not gonna end well. aye, i know that icardi came with a buy option. think it's very brave if you attempt to build around icardi though given his past.

for nkunku it was the best thing that could have happened probably, getting a coach like nagelsmann to develop him further. but trust me, that kid is a future world beater. herera is a good squad player, i rate herera.

but like you need fullbacks, you need a playmaker and a motor for your middfield, due to how injury prone verratti is.

getting sarabia in was great business, navas is good aswell. he's a line gk though so his whole style is built on his exellent reflexes, so he'll be one of those gk's that is just all of a sudden gonna be trash over night. it won't even be gradual, it'll be like he all of a sudden fell off a cliff.

who was it you bought from bvb? i forget if it was akanji or diallo (i think it was diallo right?) who knows about him. i don't think kimpembe is ever gonna be what people thought he would a few years back.
It was Diallo. He has potential. More potential anyway than poor Paredes

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
It was Diallo. He has potential.

aye he has potential. but if we look at say the last six years, what talent have psg actually developed from prospects to really solid players? your academy produces a metric ton of talent, but there really doesn't seem to be structure in place at elite level to develop this talent. kurzawa was unbelivably good playing for monaco, and then he went to psg and fell off the map after a few good months.

same for really young players that you buy, that's personally why i think you are struggling making it far in the champions league for instance.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
aye he has potential. but if we look at say the last six years, what talent have psg actually developed from prospects to really solid players? your academy produces a metric ton of talent, but there really doesn't seem to be structure in place at elite level to develop this talent. kurzawa was unbelivably good playing for monaco, and then he went to psg and fell off the map after a few good months.

same for really young players that you buy, that's personally why i think you are struggling making it far in the champions league for instance.
This is one of the reasons Leonardo was brought back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.