• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
You're talking about the Swedish player of the year m8!!!
tumblr_pavmx0hOYi1wxmiffo2_500.gifv

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
an improvement for the team

he's not. you've gotten more solid defensively because of aaron wan-bissacka, what maguire puts in tuanzebe is good enough already to cover. plus you get a defender who actually works with and is able to use his feet. maguire can't do that to save his life, works with his back away from attacking players? that's stuff you learn not to do before you start playing on a full sized pitch even.

and i don't hate maguire, i just don't rate mediocrity. especially when it's being propped up as something special, and the price tag? that's just icing on the cake. lindelof was one of the better defenders the last world cup, and an integral part of one of the most solid defenses that tournament. at national level, he's paired with a physical cb in granqvist, but unlike maguire granqvist knows how to use his feet to follow/cover/parry and doesn't take his eyes off the target (like maguire does when he litterally turns his back towards attacking players)

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
And Mou had no idea what he was doing, and LVG as well before him, and David Moyes before that. How many managers do we go through before we sack Woodward? How can you be as wealthy as United, and you're relying on the likes of Lingard to be the creative spark in your midfield. Woodward is hands down one of the worst individuals at his position.

Mourinho did know what he was doing, but he ruined his own long-term chances with absolutely piss poor recruitment and then going back to Woodward to cry for more money. Woodward could have backed him again, but chose not to and then 3rd-year implosion Jose happened. Anyone who signs Sanchez on 400k a week deserved to be shot let alone sacked.

While there is a shower of problems at United Jose ruined his own career there. He said as much himself.

Van Gaal had shocking recruitment too and then Moyes signed Fellaini.

Every manager we've had has signed utter shite. Maybe that means the club does need a DoF or maybe it means at the very least whoever they hire has to be good at deciding on who to sign.

Ole's signings have actually been ok, but he's a terrible terrible manager. Ed has it wrong the "other way" around this time. Maybe 5th time lucky big Ed will manage to give a contract to a good manager who also has an eye for good signings.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
And Mou had no idea what he was doing, and LVG as well before him, and David Moyes before that. How many managers do we go through before we sack Woodward? How can you be as wealthy as United, and you're relying on the likes of Lingard to be the creative spark in your midfield. Woodward is hands down one of the worst individuals at his position.
Yeah it's quite clear he shouldn't be in that position but the Glazers will never get rid of him. He makes them too much money.

A bulk of the rumours I've read regarding United and January transfers have been about forwards like Mandzukic and Haaland. What we really need is a completely new midfield. Pereira, Lingard, and Fred are just not good enough. They are squad players at best and should not be automatic starters. Plus, Pogba *will* be gone soon. We need like 3-4 new midfielders.
It's things like these rumours that make me say Ole knows nothing (amongst other stuff). Mandzukic? Haaland? I mean...that makes no sense (not that I'm complaining.)
Another thing that Ole has failed in is the attack. I mean if he realizes that his midfield is shit why doesn't he set them up to attack in a way that doesn't rely too much on them, i.ie, play more direct and counter press. He has the pace upfront to do it and the centrebacks are capable enough to hit decent longballs. Pretty sure the midfield would be able to work hard and compete for second balls (Mctominay would be great at doing that imo).

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
unless it's joao felix type money, redbull likely shifts haaland from salzburg to leipzig in the summer, to cover for timo werner who is pretty much 100% sure to go in the summer.

-----------

also i saw a few of those united fan channels having dennis zakaria listed among players united should sign in january. saying they think gladbach would let him go for 35 million? with the numbers he's put up and that are steadily just increasing, the fact he's 22 and still has 2 years left at gladbach?

35 million? try 50-60 million, and check back in the summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Ed Woodward was just reminding Fergie that Phil Jones & Chris Smalling were his chosen centrebacks for the next 10 years at United.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
where's that classic of him crawling on hands and knees trying to head a ball on the ground? believe it's just inside the box.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

One of the only voices on these shite fan channels who is always correct.

but completly delusional? homie, let's be real here. what incentive is there for poch to even entertain the thought of going to united in it's current state? his biggest problems at spurs was how stingy levy was for far to long making it impossible for poch to gradually refresh the squad by cycling players in/out

so it makes sense for him to go from ^ to a club being litterally ran as a bank, with an average (net) spend of around 60 million a season the last 5 years? who needs an investment of around probably 5-700 million (in the current market) to bring it back? no director of football?

pochettino can do better, and deserves alot better than manchester united with the current structure of the club.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

but completly delusional? homie, let's be real here. what incentive is there for poch to even entertain the thought of going to united in it's current state? his biggest problems at spurs was how stingy levy was for far to long making it impossible for poch to gradually refresh the squad by cycling players in/out

so it makes sense for him to go from ^ to a club being litterally ran as a bank, with an average (net) spend of around 60 million a season the last 5 years? who needs an investment of around probably 5-700 million (in the current market) to bring it back? no director of football?

pochettino can do better, and deserves alot better than manchester united with the current structure of the club.

A fan wanting Poch isn't delusional, it's a normal reaction. As for whether Poch would want this job, depends if he ever wants to manage in England again. If he does, I think just about any manager would love a crack at being the one who turned the United ship around. Piece of history. It's still one of if not the most supported club in the world.

Not to mention you get paid well.

In terms of Saeed, as that's who is speaking above, I meant more he always speaks sense in his takes on United, not just the wanting Poch part. That's a little bit reactionary due to Poch being free and Sir Alex saying in the past he was one of the men he wanted to manage United.

Ricky is pretty decent to listen to as well

Last edited:

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
a crack at being the one who turned the United ship around. Piece of history

the captain of the titantic had a better chance hitting a u-turn to avoid that iceberg than any manager has of returning united to it's former glory until you have new owners and entirely new staff running the club.

and that's just being real. time waits for no man, chelsea, liverpool and manchester city aren't all of a sudden gonna pump the brakes and wait for manchester united to catch up. you are already half a decade behind.

there isn't a coach on this earth that can save you from the abyss you are heading towards. hell you could bring back sir fergie in his prime, and with the current financial muscles in football he wouldn't manage to win anything.

Last edited:

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
the captain of the titantic had a better chance hitting a u-turn to avoid that iceberg than any manager has of returning united to it's former glory until you have new owners and entirely new staff running the club.

and that's just being real. time wastes for no man, chelsea, liverpool and manchester city aren't all of a sudden gonna pump the brakes and wait for manchester united to catch up. you are already half a decade behind.

there isn't a coach on this earth that can save you from the abyss you are heading towards. hell you could bring back sir fergie in his prime, and with the current financial muscles in football he wouldn't manage to win anything.

The former glory is never coming back, but it's not either "win everything" or "win nothing". Jose won 2 trophies, someone else can hopefully properly challenge for the league again.

Other managers will want to take a crack at United is all I'm saying, I'm not making any bold claims "X (manager) will bring back the glory days!". At most I'm saying IF Poch wanted to stay in England and his choices were Arsenal or United, I think he would go United. Chances are he will go abroad in the end.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Chances are he will go abroad in the end.

aye. personally i hope perez gives him the shot he wanted to give him last year. rm is in a pretty sorry state for the moment aswell, but there he wouldn't be hindered by structure or money.

where as with united he'll be hindered by both. you risk losing out on developing the academy talent you have at united aswell, since the kids you have coming up have no senior players to learn from what so ever. not like bingard, rashbeck or mcaverage is fit to mentor anyone.

as for trophies? it's unreal how lucky you got the year jose won that el for you, the teams that dropped down compared to the years that followed? you played celta vigo and a ajax team full of kids in the final. year that followed when atleti dropped down, you really think you would have had a chance winning that year? hardly. or against chelsea last year? doubt it.

and lindelof can't play in a two? he plays in a two for the national team all the time. your homeboy is on bathsalts, or living inside maguire's rectum. or maybe it's maguire gigantic head blocking his field of vision.

you want to boot lindelof out, to keep a cb who can't properly use his feet to defend? and has no acceleration what so ever. why? because you as a club got taken to the cleaners by leicester when you paid 80+ million pound for him?

Last edited:

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
a centre back that can't use his feet properly to defend? that's like being a fucking ''professional'' breakdancer who can't move their feet.

Last edited:

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At the beginning of the season:
Liverpool haters: VAR will expose Liverpool and they won't even make it top 4.

Present day:
Liverpool haters: VAR was brought in to help Liverpool win the league.

Bwahahahaha

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
pochettino has a real shot at rm or bm. no way is he going to united. he'll likely take 6 months off now to recharge, and see how things fall during the run-up towards the summer.

Last edited:

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I don't think Poch takes the United job, but I agree that if it were possible to fire Ole right now and get him, that is absolutely what they should do. I don't see Ole taking this team anywhere but down. The worst thing is I think Ole is capable of just treading enough water to drag it out far too long. If he survives to the summer, I have no faith that the team is going to be reformed by next season. I know it isn't just him that is the problem and if Poch is a no, there aren't many options, but it just sucks watching this team play week to week.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I don't think Poch takes the United job, but I agree that if it were possible to fire Ole right now and get him, that is absolutely what they should do. I don't see Ole taking this team anywhere but down. The worst thing is I think Ole is capable of just treading enough water to drag it out far too long. If he survives to the summer, I have no faith that the team is going to be reformed by next season. I know it isn't just him that is the problem and if Poch is a no, there aren't many options, but it just sucks watching this team play week to week.

And that's what Ed wants because he's a coward.

He'll wait till they're unable to get into Europe again and then sack him, once Poch already has a new job and the media will let us know Ed never even contacted Poch's agents.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: even if Poch took the United job he'd be a failure because of how terrible the setup is. The whole club needs fixing from top to bottom.

Ed Woodward probably won't be replaced until successive finishes out of the Champions League tanks the value of the club so much that the Glazers have no choice.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
is going to be reformed by next season

reformed into what? you need to buy an entire middfield, atleast one winger, and atleast one lb. and probably look to move martial on, if you can get anyone willing to pay a decent amount for him. because his injury problems makes him a liability to build anything around, and as the last three years will show you can safely say now that he's an injury prone player.

amazing talent, but someone who will have their career hacked to pieces because their body can't handle it.

nothing ''hot'' about that what so ever man. that's just using logics and reading what the facts say. no until new owners come in, that deletes the entire current staff & structure nothing is going to change at manchester united. no matter how many or what managers they cycle in/out.

the whole club need restructuring like you are saying, from the bottom and all the way up.

Last edited:

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
reformed into what? you need to buy an entire middfield, atleast one winger, and atleast one lb. and probably look to move martial on, if you can get anyone willing to pay a decent amount for him. because his injury problems makes him a liability to build anything around, and as the last three years will show you can safely say now that he's an injury prone player.

amazing talent, but someone who will have their career hacked to pieces because their body can't handle it.

Yeah I don't think anyone can turn this ship around by next season because the amount of signings requires are gonna take a few windows and a manager with a clear vision that magically Woodward decides to back. It is going to be a while for United to be a top 4 team and much longer for a side that can win the league against Lpool or City. There are so many changes required right now I am willing to settle for any that make things feel even the slightest bit more hopeful or at least not constant dread.

Last edited:

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I'm not asking anything to be turned around in a season, Poch stayed at Spurs for like 6.

I'm saying we need a competent manager who actually has a plan and playstyle, not Ole who just throws some players on a park and asks them to play football. He literally has no fucking clue what he's doing.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
then get someone like wilder or probably any half of the championship managers. unless you have a structure in place that is functioning, there is no point what so ever to go for a world class manager. leave them for clubs with ambition.

spy-cam shot footage from the united gameplaning.

Last edited:

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not asking anything to be turned around in a season, Poch stayed at Spurs for like 6.

I'm saying we need a competent manager who actually has a plan and playstyle, not Ole who just throws some players on a park and asks them to play football. He literally has no fucking clue what he's doing.

I liked it better here when you were deleted member 888

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the beginning of the season:
Liverpool haters: VAR will expose Liverpool and they won't even make it top 4.

Present day:
Liverpool haters: VAR was brought in to help Liverpool win the league.

Bwahahahaha

This is happening everywhere with VAR. Juventus was also supposed to be getting owned thanks to VAR now, now the excuse is that they are winning because of the VAR. Clowns.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
it's kinda funny how the building blocks to forming arguably the best front three in europe the last atleast two seasons started with getting a bid of 35 million bid for alex texieria rejected by shaktar. so instead as a fall back option liverpool went for sadio mané.

--------------------

was also watching a highlight package y-day of suarez swansong season in the pl. arguably the most dominant season of any striker ever in the premier league. scoring 30+ goals eventhough you were banned for the first 10 and without a single one of them being a penalty?

banging in volleys from 40+ yards out for fun? it's unreal how good suarez was that season.

Last edited:

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, 60FPS!

It's just good how much they trash Man Utd and failures like Ole, rather than the British press who talk a load of shit and almost always seem scared to speak the truth (well, all Ole's class of 92 mates definitely are).

Didn't neville spend like half of Sunday saying how shit United were haha

Status
Not open for further replies.