• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
very unlikely but Pochettino at Dortmund would be terrific !
Favre needs to go - but at the same time there aren't many good alternatives available

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Normally no, but not spending money this summer should give Liverpool a transfer budget which would make that possible next summer. I don't think it is impossible, especially given that they were prepared to break the transfer records for GK and Defender with Alisson and VvD

My question would more be: who would we actually buy?

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
My question would more be: who would we actually buy?

All the current speculation seems to be Jadon Sancho

Personally I can't see Liverpool spending that much on him without selling one of Mane/Salah (which would be a mistake imo), I don't think the notion that Liverpool would spend £100m on a player is crazy considering the circumstances right now though. The Nike kit deal kicks in this summer too, so there should be a lot of money free for players

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
without selling one of Mane/Salah

i'm quite certain lfc will be moving one of them on in 2021 at the latest, so getting sancho in 2020 who would have his entire career ahead of him makes all the sense in the world. and if i had to guess myself it's salah who is the likely one to leave.

and then get werner out of leipzig. and you have your attack sorted for the next 4-5 years. assuming lfc manage to pull like a treble, or invincibles this season i would look to move salah even as early as summer 2020, he lives and dies on his acceleration soon as that starts going for him he's done.

mané is the more versetaile of the two so if some insane offer comes in next summer, move on salah.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Can't see it for someone they dont NEED. They NEEDED Alisson and VVD.
Normally no, but not spending money this summer should give Liverpool a transfer budget which would make that possible next summer. I don't think it is impossible, especially given that they were prepared to break the transfer records for GK and Defender with Alisson and VvD
I think with the NEED being as strong as it was those purchases were kind of impossible to not do.

Spending £100m on Sancho with the wages that could come with it when you've already got the front 3 you have makes it seem less likely to me.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Can't see it for someone they dont NEED. They NEEDED Alisson and VVD.

nothing suggests liverpool are likely to change their current model, which is built on cycling talent out before their value lowers significantly. as for sancho he'd almost guaranteed be tied into the deal with nike, and they would likely step in to off-set like adidas have with pogba at united.

so i wouldn't worry about wages.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Buying even expensive young players is just smart, I think. Klopp is elite at integrating them, and, even if Sancho "fails," he'll maintain a ton of market value. Pool should be taking advantage of their great system by having a few young prospects in the cycle at all times.

That said, I'm sort of a Sancho skeptic. His bulk shot creation numbers are pretty bad (albeit in a team with widely mediocre numbers), and he's been meh for England. I think buying Sancho for 100m would be a slam dunk if he were the type of prospect he's considered to be, and honestly still might be fine.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Frank-Lampard.png

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
And out of literally nowhere, with two matches left and only 1 point in the EL............................................... a 3rd kit lmao

dsc04635_1.jpg

dsc04640_1.jpg

Looks alright though.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not be José's new manager bounce debut today, lads

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Kane pulls a dude down by the arm, the defender gets a yellow... prem refs off to a a good start this weekend

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
As I was typing "I hope that Man is giving all the money to Pochettino" this guy came to my mind

Ed-Woodward.jpg

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
have only been watching for 15 min but Spurs look good. there's an element of directness and urgency on the ball they seemed to be lacking in previous matches

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
That ball from Son was delicious.

Spurs are lucky to have this guy

edit: Dayum, Barca just threw Griezmann off at 56 minutes for Vidal.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I see West Ham is boosting Mou's comeback. Shame that. A return of his lunacy would have been a lot more fun, especially since day 1 lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.