• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Mou at Spurs is going to be either extremely bad or top-tier brilliant. Either way it's going to be great.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot see this relationship working. No way Levy opens his wallets to get the players Mou wants.This has disaster written all over it.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Mou did say during this year that whatever project he embraced would be one where he and the team had the same vision (in regards to signings) so I would assume one of his requirements would be to not have a repeat of ManU's lack of willingness to sign new players, especially ones requested by him.

But time will tell of course.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Rumours of Poch going to Spain though. Honestly all 3 clubs (Barca, Atletico, Real) look like they could use a new coach in general.

But yes, that would be amazing haha

I don't think he'd go Barca since he's pretty loyal to Espanyol

It would be hilarious if he went to Athletico, just when Trippier thought he was safe

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Mou works better in "smaller" clubs for sure, i have more confidence in him at Tottenham than i ever had at ManU to be honest.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been a team easier to hate?

It's like when you realise Saruman has made a deal with Sauron.

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone else think of a time where a manager has been sacked from a big job with this sort of minimal impact on their reputation? Really feels like this Summer (or sooner) will be the Poch lottery, with Bayern, Man Utd, Real, even PSG & Juve (if neither get close to the CL again), all buying a ticket.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Mou works better in "smaller" clubs for sure, i have more confidence in him at Tottenham than i ever had at ManU to be honest.
I legit can't understand how anyone can think anything positive about the love tbh.

I levy going to buy Mou a bunch of 28 year olds that cost 70m+ each? Is Mou going to raid the academy when spurs lose eriksen, verthongen and alderwireld? Three players that are perfect Mou players in terms of age and experience?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I legit can't understand how anyone can think anything positive about the love tbh.

I levy going to buy Mou a bunch of 28 year olds that cost 70m+ each? Is Mou going to raid the academy when spurs lose eriksen, verthongen and alderwireld? Three players that are perfect Mou players in terms of age and experience?

I think Mou knows fully well he ain't gonna buy 70m+ players in there and that might work in his favour because his last big money signings have been shit and still the best team he ever managed (Porto) came from unknown cheap players. This is the first time in 10 years that hes been in this position and tbh i think it's where he does best.

Oct 27, 2017
For what its worth, I don't seen Mou and Levy clashing for at least the first two transfer windows. Weren't Vertonghen & Alderweireld two of his top targets Woodward refused to go for? He went the long way round about it, but he has them now...

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be realistic poch for the last 10 or so months has been dog shit.

He had a freak run to the CL final but outside that was dog shite.

He's a worse record than like 70% of the league over the last 10 months.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
A man who's won multiple trophies with a varied number of teams

Vs

A man who got spurs to a final..... Then lost it

If Spurs had actually backed Poch with money then they could have had a manager for 10~15 years maybe. I think he would have stayed if he was backed and he began winning trophies. He's also a good enough manager that with money and players he could win things. He's had a squad for a few years now which has needed multiple exits and multiple incoming players.

Now Mourinho is coming into a club where he can't spend properly on a wage which fucks up Tottenhams "strict budgets" (Poch 7.5m or something, Mourinho 15m) and he's a manager that lasts 3 years at most and leaves with the place on fire.

How long until Harry Kane is deemed poison? (Pogba IS poison to be fair - JOSE WAS RIGHT).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If Spurs had actually backed Poch with money then they could have had a manager for 10~15 years maybe. I think he would have stayed if he was backed and he began winning trophies. He's also a good enough manager that with money and players he could win things. He's had a squad for a few years now which has needed multiple exits and multiple incoming players.

Now Mourinho is coming into a club where he can't spend properly on a wage which fucks up Tottenhams "strict budgets" (Poch 7.5m or something, Mourinho 15m) and he's a manager that lasts 3 years at most and leaves with the place on fire.

How long until Harry Kane is deemed poison? (Pogba IS poison to be fair - JOSE WAS RIGHT).
If you can't motivate your squad to do the bare minimum then you're not a good enough manager tbh

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
man, i i'd just like to be there when mou is gonna be trying to teach the fullbacks at spurs to play his brand of football.... oh the scenes the scenes....

what was it keano called them? dumb & dumber?

INST

Nov 2, 2017
man, i i'd just like to be there when mou is gonna be trying to teach the fullbacks at spurs to play his brand of football.... oh the scenes the scenes....

what was it keano called them? dumb & dumber?

Sit back and kick everyone, should be easy enough.

Thinking he will self-destruct even sooner, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't last a year. This will be such a train-wreck.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
don't get me wrong, i enjoy mou as a person and i think he was great once upon a time. but time isn't static, and football left him behind years ago and what we've seen so far is a coach unable to adapt with the times. that's why i have no faith, you don't win anything significant in 2019 / 2020 playing that brand of football.

united got lucky the year they managed to win the europa league, look at the teams that dropped down that year and compare it to the teams that dropped down the years that followed. they played the likes of celta vigo and got a team full of kids from ajax in the final.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

871.jpg

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Poch's sacking/José's hiring moved about as many pages as the entire international break

Ding-Dong-Merrily on Mou, the Christmas Spurs are weeping

MouHuhXmas.png

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Late to the party and just saw the news. Many fans are probably relieved now that their club dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.