• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
west ham and southhampton would be moronic to sack pelle or huttl. fat chance either of those clubs would be able to attract better coaches. i would expect huttl to walk though come january unless southhampton's board finally backs him and invest proper in the squad.

southhampton isn't a case of under performing, the squad isn't better then where they currently are, they haven't got a single player capable of getting them 10+ goals in a season. west ham got insanely unlucky with the fabianski injury and being forced to put that clown roberto in, who btw is the worst gk in the entire pl. he's so bad that players at west ham have said they refuse to play more games with him in goal.

marco silva on the other hand is def on watch considering the insane amount of money invested in the squadbuilding and how bad the results are.

Last edited:

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
It looks like its going to be Mourinho (ugh) but I would much rather have someone like Ten Haag or Nagelsmann who can actually build on the squad.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An uncharacteristically short-sighted knee jerk reaction by Levy. Shoulda waited til the end of the season, let other teams court him and taken the compensation. If Utd had any sense they'd sack Ole now and go for Poch.

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Mou at Spurs would be amazing. He'll piss off at least hjalf the squad, hopefully driving them out the door, thus returning Spurs to the mid-table mediocrity whence they came.

St Totteringham's Day to return!

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
There are other restrictions due to Euro 2020's structure (many host cities).
That's how we already know Belgium will be with Denmark and Russia for example.
Oh. That's kinda lame. As likely as it'd be for us to be out in said crazy group, it would be a glorious set of matches to behold.

Ah well. Let's see what the draw ends up giving us.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Euro 2020 groups right now:

A:
Italy (host)

B:
Belgium
Russia (host)
Denmark (host)

C:
Ukraine
Netherlands (host)
Romania (host, if they qualify)

D:
England (host)
Scotland (host, if they qualify)

E:
Spain (host)
Ireland (host, if they qualify)

F:
Germany (host)
Hungary (host, if they qualify)

So, in theory, a crazy group like Spain - France - Portugal - 4th team is possible?

Or are there more restrictions?
There's some restrictions but such a group would indeed be possible unless I'm overlooking something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
D:
England (host)
Scotland (host, if they qualify)
645401941123399721.png

Shav1

May 18, 2018
west ham and southhampton would be moronic to sack pelle or huttl. fat chance either of those clubs would be able to attract better coaches. i would expect huttl to walk though come january unless southhampton's board finally backs him and invest proper in the squad.

southhampton isn't a case of under performing, the squad isn't better then where they currently are, they haven't got a single player capable of getting them 10+ goals in a season. west ham got insanely unlucky with the fabianski injury and being forced to put that clown roberto in, who btw is the worst gk in the entire pl. he's so bad that players at west ham have said they refuse to play more games with him in goal.

marco silva on the other hand is def on watch considering the insane amount of money invested in the squadbuilding and how bad the results are.

Idk about West Ham being unlucky ..their current form has been coming with or without Fabianski (Roberto is just shockingly shit though). Their defence has been absolute dogshit since last season. West Ham needs to go get another DM of quality to partner with rice.

Southampton should definitely do everything they can to keep huttl though.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who does everyone think is the Euro favourites for next year?

Netherlands
France
Spain
Portugal

those are my picks.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Idk about West Ham being unlucky ..their current form has been coming with or without Fabianski (Roberto is just shockingly shit though). Their defence has been absolute dogshit since last season. West Ham needs to go get another DM of quality to partner with rice.

Fab is literally worth 12 points a season to us.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Netherlands
France
Spain
Portugal

those are my picks.

lol

Considering the likelyhood of ending up in a shitty group (for us), getting to the KO stages would be an achievement. Loads of talent in the squad, but outside of Ronaldo and Bernardo, none quite up to par to the likes of France, Spain or Germany.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Fab is literally worth 12 points a season to us.
Yeah exactly the problem. He like nearly every player will at some point either be injured or experience some periods where their form dips (comparable to the De Gea situation). The defence in front of him has been bad. The team were always gonna experience this really bad run either the moment his form drops or he is injured.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah exactly the problem. He like nearly every player will at some point either be injured or experience some periods where their form dips (comparable to the De Gea situation). The defence in front of him has been bad. The team were always gonna experience this really bad run either the moment his form drops or he is injured.
We thought we could get away with letting Adrian go and just grabbing the first backup out there with a bit of experience. This has undoubtedly prematurely ended our season.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

Netherlands
France
Spain
Portugal

those are my picks.

france (eventhough deschamps is a clown) i think italy can make it quite far i'd almost dark horse them for the tournament. (def dark horse for the next world cup)

portugal lacks depth, spain who the f knows what happens now with enrique apparently likely to take his spot back as coach, netherlands have a great squad but koeman is a shit coach.

i think england chokes it around the quarter/semi's way to top heavy, backline is pretty shit as are the defensive capabilities of the middfield. and pickford belongs in the nearest bin.

not gonna trust germany yet, not while jogi is still there.

not to sure i agree about rice though, i think it's him that's been sort of found out. but yeah middfield is def a bit bare, allthough they've been really unlucky not getting anything out of fornals yet. but in terms of coaching i stand by my opinion that i really do not think west ham can really get better than pelle. and i do think roberto is to blame for ALOT of the defensive problems as his stats are just so bad it's hard to believe they are even real.

Last edited:

Shav1

May 18, 2018
We thought we could get away with letting Adrian go and just grabbing the first backup out there with a bit of experience. This has undoubtedly prematurely ended our season.
Well maybe if you guys do January right the season can be saved.

Also in other news Sky Sports are reporting that Mou to Spurs is close.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Well maybe if you guys do January right the season can be saved.

Also in other news Sky Sports are reporting that Mou to Spurs is close.
We have a rough patch of fixtures now and if we don't turn things around really soon I fear Pellegrini's head will be on the chopping block.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol

Considering the likelyhood of ending up in a shitty group (for us), getting to the KO stages would be an achievement. Loads of talent in the squad, but outside of Ronaldo and Bernardo, none quite up to par to the likes of France, Spain or Germany.
Ya I'm not too confident with our back to be honest. I still think we could beat any team on our best day though. I'd still probably put us 4th or 5th fav.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
What on earth is Levy thinking on both letting Poch go and getting in Mou.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Seems like a done deal

surely this is a interim type thing? no club with any sort of aspirations can seriously believe mou has anything to offer long term. he's done as a manager, his style of football is outdated and he hasn't managed to adapt with the times what so ever.

he's good as a pundit but that's about it.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
it has to be interim, levy has completly lost it if this is permanent. to go from pochettino to mourinho in 2019/2020 is such an enormous step backwards that it's difficult to put into words.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
A guy like Mou, interim? Doubt it. Not with the money he asks for.

Besides it's not like he won't give the club plenty of reasons to get fired until May lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.