• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Explain to me why Liverpool (since they are paying off VAR) would "sacrifice" an equaliser in a match against Utd of all sides when there is no clarity on how the match will end at that point?

After allowing the Rashford goal earlier on after the Origi foul that VAR didn't bother allowing?

Are...you saying all outcomes are paid off too? Liverpool told VAR to rule that way for Rashford and Mane cause they knew they would win?!?! 😂
Bruhhhh podge is yanking your chain. He cast his line and you bit.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Say what you want, but Pep has given us some great reaction gifs to use between him falling to his knees and now the penalty reaction and him sarcastically thanking the refs.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My absolute favorite part of the first goal is, after it's deflected from Bernando's hand to Trent's, it lands at Aguero's feet an he immediately turns to the ref instead of playing to the whistle. Just beautiful.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Thank goodness we now get to follow up this action packed, drama filled weekend with some sweet, sweet international friendlies and qualifiers. These breaks really come at such shitty times.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More racism. He got sent off for reacting too

To be fair he shouldn't have reacted like that. Both flipping off somebody on the pitch and kicking the ball away intentionally when the game is stopped is easily at least a yellow card each. But it's fucking shameful this keeps happening, ref should have interveined sooner so none of this would have happened.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair he shouldn't have reacted like that. Both flipping off somebody on the pitch and kicking the ball away intentionally when the game is stopped is easily at least a yellow card each. But it's fucking shameful this keeps happening, ref should have interveined sooner so none of this would have happened.

He should be able to react to that shit however he damn well pleases. The ref rewarded the racists and should be ashamed of himself.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should be able to react to that shit however he damn well pleases. The ref rewarded the racists and should be ashamed of himself.

I don't disagree with you, but technically both cases were absolutely possible yellow card infractions. The ref should have reacted sooner to the racist bullshit, that's the main issue imho.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw this sounds hard to believe, but I honestly don't think Ronaldo is playing well this season. He had his moments of excellence especially in the first matches, and he does score from time to time (he got a goal in CL basically with Ramsey stealing it on the line), but the amount of odd choices and mistakes he does nowadays is really unusual. In tonight's match against Milan he keeps losing the ball too, a lot of questionable passes, nothing special in terms of solos. He's just there, currently eclipsed by the initiatives of Higuain, Dybala or Bernardeschi.

He's being subbed now, wow. 2nd match in a row.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Btw this sounds hard to believe, but I honestly don't think Ronaldo is playing well this season. He had his moments of excellence especially in the first matches, and he does score from time to time (he got a goal in CL basically with Ramsey stealing it on the line), but the amount of odd choices and mistakes he does nowadays is really unusual. In tonight's match against Milan he keeps losing the ball too, a lot of questionable passes, nothing special in terms of solos. He's just there, currently eclipsed by the initiatives of Higuain, Dybala or Bernardeschi.

He's being subbed now, wow. 2nd match in a row.

That describes most of his seasons at Madrid tbh. Purely looking at how he plays, meaning things like passing, dribbling, making the right choice etc. It was so goddamn poor. Couldn't even dribble his way past 1 defender (very rarely) in the latter seasons.

He made up for that by being clutch af in the latter stages of the CL. His decline in field play has been a thing ever since his second season at Real.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That describes most of his seasons at Madrid tbh. Purely looking at how he plays, meaning things like passing, dribbling, making the right choice etc. It was so goddamn poor. Couldn't even dribble his way past 1 defender (very rarely) in the latter seasons.

He made up for that by being clutch af in the latter stages of the CL. His decline in field play has been a thing ever since his second season at Real.

But this is worse than that tbh. Last year he was a lot better than this, even besides the goals you'd see how he'd create 3-4 huge chances per match, serving lovely assists and jumping defenders left and right. He wasn't always the most dynamic player but when he had a good ball he knew what to do with it. I don't know if he's physically fit or not but his current showing is poor for his standards, and him being subbed twice in a week is telling.

I know better not to write him off, knowing fully well he goes into sicko mode in the matches that count the most from February onwards. But his current performance is not enough not just for Ronaldo, but in general for a player of his role. I hope he'll recover soon.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Milan defending 0-0 and losing time only with the occasional slow counters, Juventus playing pretty bad not creating much in terms of occasions despite Milan not attacking much.

What a boring match so far.

EDIT: I really should have complained sooner, Juventus really playing well suddenly. Milan seems cooked.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Juventus wins 1-0 on Milan. Juve mantains the lead of 1 point over Inter who also won. Milan's loss means 4 points in the last 5 matches and down to 14th place.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Juventus wins 1-0 on Milan. Juve mantains the lead of 1 point over Inter who also won. Milan's loss means 4 points in the last 5 matches and down to 14th place.

Wouldn't tell the whole story though.

Milan could have walked away with a result on a different night. They were up to it and Juve didnt look like clear cut winners.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't tell the whole story though.

Milan could have walked away with a result on a different night. They were up to it and Juve didnt look like clear cut winners.

Milan is definitely improving lately, but to be fair this is a horrible moment calendar-wise. The last 4 matches had them play against Roma, Lazio and Juventus, having them score 0 points on those matches is not surprising. There's definitely improvements but Juventus was very tired (7th match in 20 days, Milan isn't playing in the cups), and even so it was Milan who 60 minutes in were trying to defend the 0-0 instead of trying to finish the job after a convincing first half where Juventus practically created nothing. At the end of the day Juventus can afford to have a player like Dybala on the bench who almost scored 2 goals out of nowhere in the short timeframe he's been on. Milan doesn't have much firepower sitting out (I really like Leao though), so if they don't use their chances when they get them it's bound to happen that the great players playing against them will eventually score. It happened with Lazio too, it's no coincidence that they keep on losing matches late (I think they only conceded 2 goals in the first 30 minutes of matches, that's telling of the fact they can start strong but slowly fall apart).

It was a weak match because Juventus were nowhere near their element and Milan, despite creating opportunities for over a half, just lasted that much. Their best chance in the last 40 minutes was a solid free kick, that's it. Meanwhile Dybala was just strolling in the box with the rest of the offense doing well against a tired defense. It's the kind of match that Milan tends to lose and that Juventus tends to win. This is probably like the 8th match or so this year where they're tying (be that 0-0 or 1-1) and then score one goal and win near the end. Likewise it's the nth time Milan fails to win (or to tie) because of a late goal taken. This result is far from a coincidence. Milan probably deserved more but matches last 90 minutes, and Milan's last 30 were just too passive.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
itq9b0o2mwx31.jpg

Heelpop

Oct 28, 2017
Sterling was an annoying twat last night. Loved the exchange between Gomez and him after all the bullshit.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which one of you is first in the FPL group? I am coming for you. Went from 2.9 million to 615 OR in the last 3 weeks.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Hütter is saying Abraham will remain captain.
Dunno if I can agree with that.
Give it to Hasebe/Hinteregger and call it a day, or Trapp when he's back.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
The state of arsenal just makes me want to stop watching the prem all together

maybe I'll just watch the SPL this year instead

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid and Barca top of the league with 1 less game than the rest.

What the hell is Atletico doing lol.

At least the league is still wide open unlike the Premier league where Liverpool is just running away with it.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool thinks Salah hurt his ankle again but they didn't get to do a scan because Salah decided to report to Egypt

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is Atletico doing lol.
Kinda weird how all the preseason chat was about how this would be a transition season, clearing deadwood, investing in fresh young faces but also Barça and Real are clearly wobbly.

Atleti are still very strong defensively (joint best defence with Bilbao [8 conceded in 13]) but their finishing has been just woeful in a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.