• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only louder boos that have been heard in this match towards England's black players were the boos towards the UEFA protocols against the absuse.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fucking bellends

Good on the England fans for chanting back support. I imagine it's not very nice being a black player on that pitch at the moment so nice to hear that I imagine.

Stop the game

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How? Stop the game give England the win.

If it happens next match do exactly the same. Keep banning people.
Since UEFA are a bunch of dicks, short of a fan killing someone, if England stop the match they'd be awarded the defeat along with some sort of punishment. England would have to appeal to hell and back.

If the ref decides of his own volition to stop the match..that's a different story.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How? Stop the game give England the win.

If it happens next match do exactly the same. Keep banning people.
I don't believe in punishing fair people for others actions. The only way you beat this kind of abuse is to answer on the pitch. Alot of England fans have traveled over here and want to see there team for the entirity and theres alot of sound bulgarians too. You can ban the racists but that wont stop them being racist.

OnDaBlock

Dec 12, 2017
They should walk off. Anyone saying otherwise is another typical naive clown who doesn't experience racism first hand. The same kind of person who probably thinks you should reason with racists over a nice cup Of tea.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I love competitive international breaks. Games of football not dictated by how much money a team can spend on players.

And that's coming from a Scotland fan!

international breaks are great just cause you see national teams play in general. It's a different kind of energy.
+ Every break you hear a story of a player or two with some unbelievable story of how they got to this point, or of something recently happening in the world or political wise that makes X game more meaningful.
Leading to really emotional national anthems and stuff.

the complaining doesn't make sense imo. It's once every few months. shrug.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should walk off. Anyone saying otherwise is another typical naive clown who doesn't experience racism first hand. The same kind of person who probably thinks you should reason with racists over a nice cup Of tea.
John Barnes experienced more racism on a football field than you ever have and he believes in education about racism, not just walking off a football field. That solves nothing, if anything it's a green light to racists.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
John Barnes experienced more racism on a football field than you ever have and he believes in education about racism, not just walking off a football field. That solves nothing, if anything it's a green light to racists.

They're doing monkey chants and Nazi salutes. These people are beyond that point.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They've been trying this solution for the last fifty years, I don't think it's working.
Neither has walking off a football field, I take it your familiar with the racism in Italy? They've walked off and its still rife as it ever was. Theres racist abuse in Italy every week at every game, so your basically asking for no games to be played on Italy. Well isn't that punishing the supporters who just want to go and support there team and not partake in racist behaviour.

OnDaBlock

Dec 12, 2017
John Barnes is not the only ex-black footballer and his opinion is not the be all and end all. But of course you would wheel him out to support your soft approach to this kind of abuse.

Hit UEFA in their pockets and then drastic action will be taken. I don't expect football to realistically stop these morons in every game, but they sure as hell can send out a message that this won't be tolerated. Not a paltry fine.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
If Bulgaria keep losing matches 0-3 before they've really begun because they forfeit automatically when their fans abuse a black player that's much stronger than this 3 step protocol farce.
Yeah, but unfortunately that's not how UEFA (nor FIFA) work as of now.

Racist chants should be an instant forfeit, if it happens a 2nd time during the same qualifiers throw them out of the qualifiers entirely.

Expand it to the Leagues as well, fuck racist "ultras" as well. Though I doubt UEFA will ever have the balls (or will) to make something like this happen.

Last edited:

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
John Barnes is not the only ex-black footballer and his opinion is not the be all and end all. But of course you would wheel him out to support your soft approach to this kind of abuse.

Hit UEFA in their pockets and then drastic action will be taken. I don't expect football to realistically stop these morons in every game, but they sure as hell can send out a message that this won't be tolerated. Not a paltry fine.
Barnes speaks more sense than most to be fair. I used him as an example as he was high profile, had banana's thrown at him and yet still speaks with more common sense. I'm not wheeling him out and the way you referenced me doing so is quite disturbing.

OnDaBlock

Dec 12, 2017
It's funny. When hooligans of clubs cause trouble abroad, their respective teams face expulsion from UEFA competitions. None of this "let's educate them, talk to them, try to understand them."

But when it comes to racist fans "hey they just need some education. Don't punish everyone else for the behaviour of a few. If you walk off, they win."

It really speaks volumes on how people perceive things.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Jesus Christ, that Ukraine keeper has made like 5-6 goal stopping saves this match. At some point he has to let one in......................I hope.

Edit:

And another one! Holy fucking shit! Dude is on fire!

Oct 25, 2017
Neither has walking off a football field, I take it your familiar with the racism in Italy? They've walked off and its still rife as it ever was. Theres racist abuse in Italy every week at every game, so your basically asking for no games to be played on Italy. Well isn't that punishing the supporters who just want to go and support there team and not partake in racist behaviour.

If good cops fans start being adversely affected by the actions of despicable racist cops fans then perhaps they'll start speaking out and driving out said bad cops fans.

But threatening to walk off the pitch and then not following through with it isn't going to do anything.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny. When hooligans of clubs cause trouble abroad, their respective teams face expulsion from UEFA competitions. None of this "let's educate them, talk to them, try to understand them."

But when it comes to racist fans "hey they just need some education. Don't punish everyone else for the behaviour of a few. If you walk off, they win."

It really speaks volumes on how people perceive things.
When was the last time a club got banned from a competition for hooliganism?

A year ago a liverpool fan got beaten almost to death in a planned attack by Roma ultra's. Roma didn't face expulsion and nobody asked them to be expelled from the competition and somebody nearly died.

Like expelling teams from competitions stops the racist abuse and hooligans.

Mental.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
But threatening to walk off the pitch and then not following through with it isn't going to do anything.
100%

if countries like England, France, Germany, etc. start actually walking off pitches and quitting tournaments; and hurting UEFA/FIFA's bottom line, you'll see rapid change.

OnDaBlock

Dec 12, 2017
Barnes speaks more sense than most to be fair. I used him as an example as he was high profile, had banana's thrown at him and yet still speaks with more common sense. I'm not wheeling him out and the way you referenced me doing so is quite disturbing.
I'm not going to go back and forth. I know John Barnes is the go to token for people who have no real life experience dealing with racism. Whilst I won't deny John Barnes experienced horrific racism, he is seriously out of touch and is used as a buffer for those who can sit safely on their couch, and pontificate on how those who bare the brunt of this abuse should react.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
If good cops fans start being adversely affected by the actions of despicable racist cops fans then perhaps they'll start speaking out and driving out said bad cops fans.

But, again, if England did that they'd be the ones awarded the defeat acording to the current rules. Regardless of it being justified. It's the ref that has to stop the game in order for that to not happen.

UEFA/FIFA in their infinite wisdom obviously never foresaw (or cared about) situations like these... it's why the Leagues (in particular) are filled to the brim with racists cunts all over the Europe (and I'd assume the world as well).

100%

if countries like England, France, Germany, etc. start actually walking off pitches and quitting tournaments; and hurting UEFA/FIFA's bottom line, you'll see rapid change.
The amount of money those FA's would lose by refusing to show up means the higher-ups are unlikely to make that move.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another good point that Sky Sports' report at HT brought up was that he noticed 6 separate incidents of racial abuse within a 10 minute period, which prompted the warning. That just doesn't make sense on any level. When it's repeated once it's beyond 'warnings' and 'understanding' and 'education'.

6 times.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
as long as we're recognising that individual football associations have a big role to play, not just FIFA and UEFA.
They have, absolutely, but we're talking about millions here. I can only see England's FA maybe being able to sustain itself without UEFA money, everyone else is fairly dependant on those participation prizes.

It would be the biggest slap in the face, for sure, but I'm not sure anyone will ever really risk it.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Uuuuhhh... penalty and 2nd yellow card for an Ukranian player! We have a chance of a comeback and Ronaldo can score his 700th goal right now.

Edit:

YUP! 700 goals for Ronaldo AND 2-1 for Portugal! Comeback time baby, lets gooooooooooooooo!!

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to go back and forth. I know John Barnes is the go to token for people who have no real life experience dealing with racism. Whilst I won't deny John Barnes experienced horrific racism, he is seriously out of touch and is used as a buffer for those who can sit safely on their couch, and pontificate on how those who bare the brunt of this abuse should react.

England should stay on the pitch. All the fans making racist chants should have an all expenses paid trip to the museum of tolerance and get a nice cuddle at the end. Because you know, actually doing something means the racists win to some people in their utopia.
What would you do aside from walking off the pitch? Because that doesnt stop racist people being racist or going the game and being racist. So what's your masterplan on how to stop it?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Another massive save, Pepe fails to tap it in and 30 seconds later Danilo sends a screamer straight into the bar.

We just can't score today, Jesus Christ.

Edit:

And it's over. Ukraine played to their strenghts, they didn't really deserve the win IMO but their keeper made sure to keep them in the match. Any other day and we'd have won by 3 or 4 considering the amount of opportunities we had.

Overall they probably deserve to go through as the 1st placed team since they were super consistent up until this point in term of results.

72343352_2449474505107862_832294220206178304_n.jpg

So many attempts, so many shots on goal and the only way we scored was with a damn penalty. What a performance by their keeper.

Last edited:

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes! We did it! This is the best Ukraine team ever, Sheva did amazing job. Securing first place in the group with Portugal with one match still to go, is more than anyone in Ukraine could hope for.
Guess i should start saving money and vacation days for the next summer. :]

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Turkish players once again celebrating the Syria invasion to murder the Kurds, just kick them out of the qualifiers already ffs. Racism from fans is one thing, this is players repeatedly celebrating war crimes against an ethnic minority which is infinitely worse.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yes! We did it! This is the best Ukraine team ever, Sheva did amazing job. Securing first place in the group with Portugal with one match still to go, is more than anyone in Ukraine could hope for.
Guess i should start saving money and vacation days for the next summer. :]
Fair play mate, you were a lot more consistent than us during the whole qualifier and managed to tie in Lisbon as well. 1st place is deserved even if I don't think your win today was particularly deserved :P

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fair play mate, you were a lot more consistent than us during the whole qualifier and managed to tie in Lisbon as well. 1st place is deserved even if I don't think your win today was particularly deserved :P
Well, you lost first half quite clearly and won the second half. You cant win by playing only half a game every time, and, for me, it was almost the motto of Portugal in this campaign. See you at the Euro, I have a feeling we will be drawn together again. :)

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
yeh don't know how we pulled a point out of that dumpster fire. Demiral and Soyuncu having to literally make up for garbage players like Tufan and Yilmaz, whilst France was playing brilliantly.

We have a proper back line these days. Mert seems to be a much less anxiety inducing option than our previous mate, Demirel.

Turkish players once again celebrating the Syria invasion to murder the Kurds, just kick them out of the qualifiers already ffs. Racism from fans is one thing, this is players repeatedly celebrating war crimes against an ethnic minority which is infinitely worse.

I highly doubt the intention of the players is to celebrate war crimes.

If some of these lads weren't playing football, they'd be on that trip to Syria to, regardless of if they agreed with what they're doing or not. I bet some of their friends, brothers, cousins are heading down or already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.