• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Poch: "In football, it happens."

Absolutely no self-reflection. Yeah a 2-7 just happens sometimes.
Pochettino: "Colchester made a fantastic game, it was difficult. We are so disappointed we could not score in 90 minutes.

They beat Palace on penalties too, that can happen. That's the beauty of the competition, always something can happen"

These things just happen, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Pochettino: "Colchester made a fantastic game, it was difficult. We are so disappointed we could not score in 90 minutes.

They beat Palace on penalties too, that can happen. That's the beauty of the competition, always something can happen"

These things just happen, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️
Someone should remake that hammer and anvil gif with « these things they just happen »

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I missed Bale and James today.

tumblr_pg4tyjX9jk1wwym45o2_500.gif

Am I losing my goddamn mind?

Also, I wonder if we can send Hazard back to Chelsea and get a refund, throw Courtois in there if possible.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Bayern literally had the best finishing game in CL history -- outperformed xG by ~5.6 goals, no one had ever outperformed by more than 5 before. Obviously you can say maybe Tottenham didn't put enough pressure on shooters to some extent, but sometimes opps just finish their chances, hard to do a ton about e.g. Lewandowski's goal.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bayern literally had the best finishing game in CL history -- outperformed xG by ~5.6 goals, no one had ever outperformed by more than 5 before. Obviously you can say maybe Tottenham didn't put enough pressure on shooters to some extent, but sometimes opps just finish their chances, hard to do a ton about e.g. Lewandowski's goal.
Whilst there were some tidy finishes, time and time again Spurs lost the ball in their half and their defence parted like the Red Sea for Gnabry to run into.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Instead of laughing at Spurs, can we take a moment to see that Aaron Ramsey is playing really well at Piemonte Calcio, Andre Herrera managed to leave a sinking ship just in time and Zidane must be inching closer to the back door by the day...

Here's hoping tonight's football is just as entertaining!

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Instead of laughing at Spurs, can we take a moment to see that Aaron Ramsey is playing really well at Piemonte Calcio, Andre Herrera managed to leave a sinking ship just in time and Zidane must be inching closer to the back door by the day...

Here's hoping tonight's football is just as entertaining!
Any talented player leaving Man United for a better team warms my heart. I don't have anything against Man United per se, but it's so god damn awful I don't wish anyone to be a part of it...

Or... you know...sack Zidane and get Mou. Has to sound good now
Sacking Zidane would be the stupidest idea Florentino could ever have, and the bar for stupid ideas is very high.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Then again, he did sack Ancelotti for Benitez....
Yeah, but at least Zidane, who had been the second coach for years and groomed by Ancelotti, was in the chamber. When Lopetegui was sacked, the guy in the chamber was Solari (Lol) and now if Zidane is sacked, the guy in the chamber is Raúl González, who only recently got his coach qualifications and has no experience in elite football coaching.

Note that I don't think Mourinho would do a bad job, but I think Zidane is also a great coach, less disruptive, and the last thing the club needs is more chaos. Just compare Madrid basketball (No intervention from Florentino, 10 years with the same coach, the best team in Europe, wins at least one trophy each year) with the chaos that is the football team, where Florentino is the self-appointed sports director.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I missed Bale and James today.

Am I losing my goddamn mind?

Also, I wonder if we can send Hazard back to Chelsea and get a refund, throw Courtois in there if possible.

Why get rid of Hazard and Courtois when you have a manager available that had them perform at top level for years? Just embrace it.

giphy.gif

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Getting hyped about tomorrow's match against Frankfurt. I know losing is the most probable result, but I can't help being excited!

Hope Frankfurt brings a bunch of folks too!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Prague to upset dortmund
Liverpool draw
Inter beats barca
Lille beat chelsea
Sounds like Dortmund. Only to win 4:0 against Inter or beat Barca. They always botch easy on paper wins while having good performances against stronger teams.

Since Paco is out, it's Götzes chance to shine.

Last edited:

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Man if its true some players weren't even following Emerys instructions for the last couple of matches..

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
It's been pretty obvious from day one that they'd need to pay. I get that it stings, but the deal was done.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's unreal how Napoli manages to beat literally any team on their good days (Barcelona, Liverpool, Juventus, Chelsea, Bayern, etc.) and then always suffer so damn hard against smaller teams. They seriously risk throwing away 1st place (or more) if this trend continues.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not expecting much against Inter, even though the match is at Camp Nou. No LB and the defense has some issues. At least Messi is playing but he's coming off injury.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Milik misses so many chances

Napoli need a proper striker if they want to actually win something

Status
Not open for further replies.