• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
FIFA is completely shite these days but the marketing machine and promotions from EA keep making it relevant.

2008 to 2014 were its best years.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
FIFA is completely shite these days but the marketing machine and promotions from EA keep making it relevant.

2008 to 2014 were its best years.

The last FIFA game that I played every single day (during my childhood years) was 'FIFA: Road to the World Cup 98'.

FIFA-Road-to-World-Cup-98.jpg

It was both fun and surprisingly tactical to play.

Most recently, FIFA 12 was the best, because it actually felt challenging (but fair) to play, and was really difficult to score lots and lots of goals. Quite a satisfying game of football!

I haven't bought FIFA since Marco Reus was on the front cover — think it was 16 or 17? As for Pro Evolution Soccer, I love playing the demos, but the love sadly doesn't carry over to the full game...

Oh, and Ipswich won 4 v 1 against Tranmere yesterday. Scrappy match, but we're still top of the league!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The last FIFA game that I played every single day (during my childhood years) was 'FIFA: Road to the World Cup 98'.

FIFA-Road-to-World-Cup-98.jpg

It was both fun and surprisingly tactical to play.

Most recently, FIFA 12 was the best, because it actually felt challenging (but fair) to play, and was really difficult to score lots and lots of goals. Quite a satisfying game of football!

I haven't bought FIFA since Marco Reus was on the front cover — think it was 16 or 17? As for Pro Evolution Soccer, I love playing the demos, but the love sadly doesn't carry over to the full game...

Oh, and Ipswich won 4 v 1 against Tranmere yesterday. Scrappy match, but we're still top of the league!

I loved FIFA 98, I worked at Blockbuster in 97/98 whilst I was at college and we used to play a few matches during quiet periods. I'm really enjoying PES 2020 but both games really need freshening up which will only happen when the next gen consoles are released.

So happy for Town, Lambert has definitely improved the squad and they look like they are enjoying their football again.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays FIFA is so infuriating. The moment they decided to force the players to have spectacular tight matches regardless of the skill levels is when it went wrong. Up until 12 or so an inferior player would get a beating, after they decided that having the better player's AI faulter or their strikers hit the bar half the times makes things more exciting and fun.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Stopped buying after fifa 14. Downright felt like the game was cheating. Players would literally just stand still and let the ball bounce off them or just roll slowly past them from simple five yard passes. It pissed me off to no end too when players like Mertesacker would suddenly become fucking Usain Bolt and catch up my attacking players like Walcott or Sterling.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
+1, normally I think this type of thing is nostalgia but, having put 50+ hours into every FIFA from 10 on, I think the 2010-2014 peak was absolutely real. You could be so much more fluid and creative on offense. 18 was a nadir, 19 was a bit better, hoping 20 completely redoes the dribbling.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the last 35 minutes or so of Milan-Fiorentina yesterday. Even for recent Milan standards, that shit was almost painful to watch for someone who doesn't like Milan at all. Completely clueless players on the field, had no idea how to counter straight-forward attacks by Fiorentina. Could have been 0-5 at one point fairly easily, 1-3 almost makes it seem like it was a close one. Ribery's goal was lovely, but that defense was straight amateur stuff.

They need to pick up Marotta and Conte in a couple years to become a good team again: worked for Juventus and Inter :P

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Tierney and Ozil not with the squad for tonight. Tierney a bit weird considering he didn't play for the U23s at the weekend.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where is Lacazette? I assume he's injured but I don't remember when that happened.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
He's injured. What a fucking midfield though, no link to the attack at all. Emery playing for god knows what result here. If there's ever been a time to not be scared of playing United at Old Trafford it's tonight, and he's as good as playing 7 defenders.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Dat away record. Time to break that duck I think

Arsenals last away win against "the big 6" was the 18th of January 2015. They beat City 2-0.

(yes I'm at work to watch my team get beat)

20190930_193617.jpg

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Have to say that, among the many unpleasant aspects of watching United in 2019, having to continue to watch Ashley Young at fullback rankles the most. It's not like he's the biggest problem with the side, but he can barely change direction these days.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Decent hit but Xhaka shits out.

Pepe is fucking woeful, is he always this bad? If we were interested in him weve dodged a bullet here

Status
Not open for further replies.