• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
zJNQmhS.jpg

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino said he needs time to overcome the "different agendas in the squad" after his side's difficult start to the season continued with a Carabao Cup exit at League Two Colchester United.

"We need time again to build that togetherness that you need when you are competing at this level," he said.

Uncertainty around the futures of influential players including forward Christian Eriksen and defenders Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose and Toby Alderweireld left Pochettino eager for the 2 September European transfer window deadline to pass so he had certainty about his squad.

But with none of those players leaving - plus Eric Dier falling out of favour - Pochettino said a group that has been largely stable during his five years at Spurs now needs a period of certainty.

"When you have an unsettled squad always it's difficult and you lose time, then you need time to recover the time you lose," he added.

"That's where we are. Maybe our performances are good but you need this extra, which is mental, connection. It's energy to be all together, not to have different agendas in the squad.

"We are in a period where it's a bit tough for us but we keep working to find a solution.

"When this type of thing happens it's about staying clear and fresh and calm. We're trying to find solutions and we only need time."
What on earth is he on about? Sounds like the nonsense you hear from van Gaal.

Pretty funny then that he clamours for more 'togetherness', while making ten changes to his team against a League Two team. That arrogance.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017

UEFA are trying to appease the clubs again by bridging the gap between club completions and Europa League.

I don't mind having three leagues but they need to be split evenly across the days.

Thursdays already has too many games.

Make the European Cup champions only and expand the UEFA Cup.

They moved away from this model to appease the top clubs. Moving back would cause many of them to riot and probably break away front UEFA.

Dec 12, 2017
In slightly related news, i really hope New Balance's shitty law suit gets thrown out and Nike becomes the official kit maker.

New Balance is fucking dreadful in the US with marketing (or even selling) LFC mechandise. I went into a New Balance store and asked for Liverpool merchandise, only to have the attendant look at me like i was crazy. Counter that with, i can go into Nike stores and see Tottenham and PSG merch everywhere.

The sooner LFC gets with Nike, the better.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Nike kits are all palette swap garbage though. At least ND have some imagination, Liverpool will just be wearing whatever the Portugal home kit is that year in red when Nike takeover.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That Edwards kid we got from Spurs isn't half bad. Definitely has quality, probably not enough to be a 1st team option at the Spurs, but a pretty good get for us.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Our odds of winning the Everton Cup just went up 👏🏻

Oct 25, 2017
Really impressed with the Liverpool performance tonight- some promising figures coming through the youth ranks, Elliott, Jones, Hoever, Kellher, etc!

Also: lolunited

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how true but I seen that Adidas has a clause in their contract with United that if they miss Champions League next year the payment goes down.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Nike kits are all palette swap garbage though. At least ND have some imagination, Liverpool will just be wearing whatever the Portugal home kit is that year in red when Nike takeover.

Footy Headlines say that the Away kit next year would be Green and the 3rd kit would be Dark Grey.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Footy Headlines say that the Away kit next year would be Green and the 3rd kit would be Black and Grey.
Red and Green kits? They're 100% getting Portugal's template from this next Euro hahaha

Edit:

Aww, shame Rochdale couldn't win it in the penalties. They did well though, especially with it being an away game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Everton v Watford - The Stoppable Force v The Movable Object

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Napoli already 6 points behind Inter and 4 behind Juventus is not exactly impossible to catch up, but considering how often the past seasons the winner crawled past 90 points it's a bad idea to start throwing points like that for them. Losing against Juve is one thing but the performance against Cagliari is shameful. Experts call Inter as the team with the best chance to beat Juventus every season and then they fail that prediction 10/10, but seems like this year Conte is up to take the fight until the end. We'll see how they'll manage once injuries start playing and/if their UCL/UEL campaign goes long, but so far they're doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.