• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Conceding right after scoring has been a problem at Arsenal for years now and it hasn't gone away with Wenger

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Watford conceding 8 goals will ultimately win the league for City if we are not on our A game until May. Still fuckin pissed at that result. City might as well have scored their 18/19 goal total yesterday while they were at it.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watford conceding 8 goals will ultimately win the league for City if we are not on our A game until May. Still fuckin pissed at that result. City might as well have scored their 18/19 goal total yesterday while they were at it.
Our scabby win against Chelsea today is a more important win than City pummelling Watford.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Dortmund conceding a late goal again. Our defense is so shit. Probably Sancho's last season here and it won't matter.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arsenal should play a back 3 of Sokratis, Mustafi and David Luiz at OT next Monday just for the lols when they still keep a clean sheet.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant watch the game right now, but it sounds like a usual Madrid first half of plyaing well but not being able to score a goal. Fully expecting Sevilla to score in the second half off of some dumb mistake on our part.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Cant watch the game right now, but it sounds like a usual Madrid first half of plyaing well but not being able to score a goal. Fully expecting Sevilla to score in the second half off of some dumb mistake on our part.
Fairly even, Real have definitely been more threatening in the final third.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This is surprising as hell, and now I see Benzema scored.

Madrid would share the top of the league with Athletic if this results holds.

Sevilla has no attacking idea besides running the ball on the right wing and cross into the box. Over and over again with the same (lack of) result.

Edit: they ran it once on the left and scored. VARed now.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wants to win the league this season, because somehow, someway, Madrid is at the top of the table right now rofl.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
loltopegui is many things, but a League coach is not one of them. Consistently fails in the moments in which he should absolutely not fail.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017

What will win the league for City is if Liverpool do what they did last season and drop points against their easiest opposition.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Emery is like Wenger, he has players that he favors even though shit: Xhaka and Sokratis. I mean play Torreira and Chambers you moron......obviously they keep out defense very solid. Allow Guendouzi and Ceballos to move free and you have the pace of Auba and Pepe. And fucking kick the ball upfield when pressed. This isn't rocket science.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Incredible goal by Neymar. He is going to be lit this season, gonna be a top3 player if he is healthy.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Literally said in the posts in that discussion that it's worse in Italy and even worse than that is Eastern Europe, so no.

You're gonna have to help me then, I went back and found all these posts of people acknowledging there are still issues in English football.

I'll be honest some of the shit I've seen and heard at games, on trains and tubes and in the street going to games in the UK, I'd not be rushing to take my kid.
Yeah. I can only speak of my own experience (which is a pretty small sample size as I don't go too often) but going to West Ham games is always something of a lottery as to what you hear. I feel like it has definitely improved since I was younger, but still far from ideal.

I've taken both my daughters to matches, but they're usually just the pre-season prestige friendly because they're a fun day out. Even then if we go to a local pub later in the day you start to hear the "normal" chants and it's embarassing.
Not to be chauvinistic or anything, but no it's not. It's not in politics and general life, where Spain is among the few European countries that don't have a far-right party threatening to enter the government at every election, the left actually wins elections, and racist discourse is generally considered unacceptable, (You just have to look at opinion polls) and it's not in football, because hooliganism is a lot less prevalent than in Italy, there has been a crackdown sooner, and it shows in that people other than hooligans also go to the stadiums, while stadiums in Italy are a lot emptier and mostly filled with the more rabid fans.

Black players in the Premier League and in England's national team also have been receiving racist abuse recently (Pogba and Rashford, Sterling, and countless others) but the institutional and social response has been completely different compared to Italy, where only now the clubs and the society are acknowledging that kind of abuse is not normal or supposed to be tolerated.

I usually don't like generalizing or throwing a whole country under the bus, but I'd be pretty confident saying that racism in football is more prevalent in Italian football than in other leagues, which does not mean that the other leagues are devoid of racism, because they are definitely not.
It's the same with me, I've not been to that many games but the contrast in fans between the football games I've been to, the handegg I went to (albeit at Wembley not in USA) and the rugby games I've been to is night and day.

Literally the only bad behaviour I saw on my journeys to watch some of the rugby World Cup games were 4 late teens singing obscenities about Villa because they were Birmingham fans. No idea what they were even doing as it was a 11pm train from Cardiff!

I remember sitting in the stands at selhurt Park with my mum and brother and while the looney cunts up the back were calling anyone and everyone a cunt my mum is giving them daggers. I'm sitting there praying nobody comes and has a pop.

I think it was an Asmir Begovic interview I read where he said he won't take his kids to games because of the shit he hears in the stands.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Dortmund conceding a late goal again. Our defense is so shit. Probably Sancho's last season here and it won't matter.
Frankfurt is one good striker away from being a dangerous team in the bundesliga.
Yeah, after that 2:2 I switched off. When the chaos in front of burki started, I knew this would be the equalizer. Thought it was Hummels though since Delaney looks like a younger version of him atm. After seeing inside borrusia Dortmund, you know that burki was fuming after the game.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
I think arsenal will lose at man u next week🥴 or probably another draw

Last edited:

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VjO1YAi.jpg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and what a shock. The replies to that tweet have the dipshits out trying to say its not racist because Mendy and Silva are friends.

You're gonna have to help me then, I went back and found all these posts of people acknowledging there are still issues in English football.
😂 That's one way to prove someone wrong

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I thought at least that this was the "historic" design or something and that it had been changed since but it's still in use today, wow.
Used to be even worse
169661412_tcimg_DF8DCE20.jpg

but they thought it was too obvious so the one in the tweet is the toned down version apparently ? Shocking.
Oh it gets worse my friend. Behold:

Conguitos2.jpg

conguitos-mix-350-g.jpg
EDDoEipXkAAJQX_.jpg

Enjoy a trip in their online store:

https://www.tienda.lacasa.es/14-conguitos

They were also relatively popular in Portugal when I was a kid too (I'm like 2 years older than Bernardo I think), hence why he made the "connection" but I haven't seen these in stores since forever. Not sure if the stores made an effort to get rid of them or if they simply became unpopular with the public. In either case, good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.