• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
I'm humbled to be able to watch the offensive masterclass brought to us weekly by Cardiff's managerial legend Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The problem with United is not only the management but the players too. Trashford leading the attack, Ashley Jones as captain, James is average at best as same at Mctominay. No coach in the world would make this team win shit with that lineup.

Not too long ago United used to have the best players in the world. Nowadays they don't even have the best player in Manchester.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Problem with United is most of their players on the pitch are about as good as their West Ham counterparts.

Sad to see

The problem with United is not only the management but the players too. Trashford leading the attack, Ashley Jones as captain, James is average at best as same at Mctominay. No coach in the world would make this team win shit with that lineup.

Not too long ago United used to have the best players in the world. Nowadays they don't even have the best player in Manchester.

Yeah this... even their young talent, bought or bred, are no where near as good as what Chelsea and even some.of the smaller clubs like Leicester.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
United doesn't have a fit striker. But Ole's said letting Lukaku and Sanchez leave while bringing nobody in was the right thing to do? They clearly were midfielders in his mind.

Problem with United is most of their players on the pitch are about as good as their West Ham counterparts.

Sad to see

They still have the most promising young player in Jesse Lingard. This is probably the year he shows his tremendous upside.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
is normal

giphy.gif

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Always inevitable when you put your ignorant faith in kids. As Souness said they class of 92 is an anomaly. Also Neville said Utd need a stronger spine, they've got de gea, spent 80m on maguire and big up his ability and leadership (which is way ott) all the time, they've got pogba in the middle who say what you want but he's head and shoulders above everyone else in that role for man u (yes I know he was unavailable) and then you have rashford who was labelled the next big thing and utd fans have clamoured for to be there next number 9 for the past few years. The spine is there, or at least we were told on paper it was. It's the other bits round it in my opinion where they are weak as fuck. No clear identity how they want there full backs and wide players to play and the midfielders and obviously a huge lack of talent in them areas.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United doesn't have a fit striker. But Ole's said letting Lukaku and Sanchez leave while bringing nobody in was the right thing to do? They clearly were midfielders in his mind.

They still have the most promising young player in Jesse Lingard. This is probably the year he shows his tremendous upside.

Someone had to make way for their unearned wage rises.

At least Keane has joined Sky Sports, enjoy his rambles on Utd players.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Burnley didn't even make the group stage and it completely fucked up their season.

Always makes me laugh when people say 'don't know why Wolves/Burnley/Everton/West Ham/Southampton don't try and win the Europa League'. If you don't get in at the group stage, like Arsenal and Man U have, it totally screws your preseason and most clubs outside the Top 6 don't have the squad depth to deal with Thursday nights in Azerbaijan.

Burnley didn't even make the group stage? I thought they did.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much Man Utd have spent since Fergie left, must be close to a billion or more at least.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

The board sold Depay for pennies to Lyon where he scores left and right in Ligue 1.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's crazy when you look at the squad. Is the net a lot lower?

City and Liverpool have way better players. How come Man U can't buy good midfielders, wingers. I just don't get it.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
That's crazy when you look at the squad. Is the net a lot lower?

City and Liverpool have way better players. How come Man U can't buy good midfielders, wingers. I just don't get it.
It's even worse if you look at the net balance compared to other clubs iirc. Looked at it the other day when we were talking about Everton and United was 2nd biggest spender in the past 5 years, with like 300 millions more than Arsenal (3rd).
If taking net into account I think they're even above PSG.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Our fixtures over the next 6 gameweeks are against teams we "should" be beating if we're going to be the 'best of the rest' [bou/CRY/eve/SHU/NEW/bur], I'll have a much better idea of how our season will go as a whole by the next international break but for now I'm reasonably optimistic that our days with relegation battles are over ⚒⚒⚒

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
People underestimate how much of an effect playing competitive games in July/early August all over Europe when you're normally playing friendlies can have on a team's league form.
Can confirm. My team also had to start playing actual decisive matches in mid/late July (we had 8 official matches in August alone) and the amount of injuries and strain on the players (since we also don't have enough resources to have proper squad depth) is real and scary. The cost of having to qualify for CL/EL in the Summer is pretty big if you're a not a wealthy team.

I can easily see us reaching a poor (physical) form in late November/December simply due to all the extra matches and traveling the same 15-16 players will have to endure week in, week out.

Thankfully the League (so far) hasn't been too awful but 5 matches in we have 3 ties, 1 defeat and 1 win. If we don't start winning more matches soon we risk forfeiting a consecutive EL participation pretty soon (we're already some 9 points behind the 1st placed team).

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's even worse if you look at the net balance compared to other clubs iirc. Looked at it the other day when we were talking about Everton and United was 2nd biggest spender in the past 5 years, with like 300 millions more than Arsenal (3rd).
If taking net into account I think they're even above PSG.

If you think PSG didn't spend insane money on Neymar, Mbappe. it wouldn't even be close.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really fucking annoyed that the Villa Arsenal match is on now along with the Liverpool match when yesterday's mid morning match was that god awful Man City - Watford fixture. Good luck to my beautiful boys Mings and Engels. Best CB duo outside of the top 1.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
What manager in their right mind would want to sign for Man Utd? That position is clearly one of the most toxic managerial positions?

It pretty much ended booth careers for Mourinho and Van Gaal.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What manager in their right mind would want to sign for Man Utd? That position is clearly one of the most toxic managerial positions?

It pretty much ended booth careers for Mourinho and Van Gaal.

Work for a year or two and get paid 10-15 million + in compensation when they let you go, sign me up. Ole probably couldn't believe his luck he is getting paid big bucks and will likely get the boot sooner rather than later and walk away with 10 million in his pocket. The club is rotten, needs sorted top to bottom, someone will do it but probably not whoever owns them and the chairman.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Work for a year or two and get paid 10-15 million + in compensation when they let you go, sign me up. Ole probably couldn't believe his luck he is getting paid big bucks and will likely get the boot sooner rather than later and walk away with 10 million in his pocket.

lol ..yeah i would also do it. But i would not do it if i already was an accomplished manager. It's like killing your future managerial career. But yeah I would do it because I am not a manager and are "poor"

Status
Not open for further replies.