• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
A week later, still relevant

unknown.png

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Lol wow they called it a dive.
I mean maybe he went down kinda easy. Dunno

But play on seems the best choice. Just play on

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Kevin Friend with one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Grealish makes a run through the Palace midfield, gets his left leg hit as he's dribbling outside the box, stumbles and falls, doesn't even appeal for anything, Lansbury finishes for the equalizer. Friend blows the whistle for Grealish "diving," goal called off. Simply atrocious.

Like, even leaving aside the very clear contact, you aren't allowed to stumble and fall down? Awful, awful refereeing.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Seb's third goal, Yarmo's first goal since his injury, first cleansheet, first home win COYI

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
In general I think refs have gotten *way* too aggressive w carding for diving. Players can just fall without it being a dive. Even if Grealish hadn't been contacted (as he clearly was), sometimes you just fall down trying to slalom through five players while dodging contact.

The James yellow last weekend was absolutely ridiculous too.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Kevin Friend with one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Grealish makes a run through the Palace midfield, gets his left leg hit as he's dribbling outside the box, stumbles and falls, doesn't even appeal for anything, Lansbury finishes for the equalizer. Friend blows the whistle for Grealish "diving," goal called off. Simply atrocious.

Like, even leaving aside the very clear contact, you aren't allowed to stumble and fall down? Awful, awful refereeing.

How the fuck is VAR not looking at that, unless it didn't play out exactly as you say it did.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think VAR had gone on a pretty good run of not fucking anything up the first month in.. and then two major fuck ups in one day. You'll struggle to see a worse 'tackle' than Tielemans' all season and that Villa goal decision was so bad it makes you question the intelligence of everyone involved in the officiating of that game.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jordi Alba has no fucking clue when Messi isn't there. At least all the bang average players are on the bench now, except for Lenglet and Sergi Roberto.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm amazed that the Sky Sports guys looked at that goal like 5 times before they noticed the obvious and crucial deflection.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Personally, I think VAR had gone on a pretty good run of not fucking anything up the first month in.. and then two major fuck ups in one day. You'll struggle to see a worse 'tackle' than Tielemans' all season and that Villa goal decision was so bad it makes you question the intelligence of everyone involved in the officiating of that game.

Friend is generally a poor ref, but Villa has history with his shocking officiating. Remember the Chelsea match where Terry played volleyball in the box and another of their players got away with a blatant elbow, stayed on the pitch and scored the winner? Good times.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy that we got the two goals. I didn't particularly think we played well in that first half beyond those two goals though. I hope we do better in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.