• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know better not to draw conclusions after the first match only, but man Juventus still seems miles ahead of the competition. Napoli got showered by goals and was kinda saved by the ref. Roma's defense is hilarious. Milan is nowhere. Lazio looked good but they played against zombies. Curious to see Conte's Inter later tonight, first time this decade they have a legitimately convincing manager who may actually make them play well.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Juve will win the league.

Probably the safest bet you can make right now.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
I know better not to draw conclusions after the first match only, but man Juventus still seems miles ahead of the competition. Napoli got showered by goals and was kinda saved by the ref. Roma's defense is hilarious. Milan is nowhere. Lazio looked good but they played against zombies. Curious to see Conte's Inter later tonight, first time this decade they have a legitimately convincing manager who may actually make them play well.
I thought Napoli looked way better than us, we were so gassed after 60 minutes, waiting for Inter tonight but i think it's going to be a close one this year, never underestimate Conte.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Napoli looked way better than us, we were so gassed after 60 minutes, waiting for Inter tonight but i think it's going to be a close one this year, never underestimate Conte.

Juventus was playing it safe and still could have scored like 5 goals. Napoli had the usual bombastic attack but was also getting hammered left and right by the modest Fiorentina. Not even with Sarri I expect us to regularly win 5-0, 1-0s and 2-0s will keep being our thing for a long time imho, but it's the fact that we rarely risk taking goals that matters in the end. A Juve at 70% still seemed more solid and reliable than the other teams so far, and I'd be surprised if Napoli or Inter were at that level yet. But yeah, never underestimate Conte, the guy won on his debut at the last two clubs he's been at and did a marvelous job with the Italian team as well. Still, I think Inter's realistic objective right now is try and beat Napoli for 2nd.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. There's absolutely no reason to watch and follow Serie A.

Dead league.
Bowie-disapproves.gif

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
As a Spurs fan I don't think we've played inspiring football since the Ajax match, at this rate we will be lucky to qualify for the Europa league.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poch needs to grow a spine and learn how to sub off Kane when he's as useless as he was against newcastle

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it would be insane if Conte managed to win the league on his first try in three consecutive clubs, especially considering he joined those teams coming from a 7th place (Juventus), a 10th (Chelsea) and a 4th (Inter). It's not like he went to an already dominant Juventus, to City or Barca or something. Guy's amazing, really extracts the maximum potential from a team if the team is willing to follow his every order.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

De Rossi's new career is going great. Already scoring goals and killing players. Life couldn't be better for him.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
so i guess if auba bangs 20 this season they probably off-load him to china for a grip next summer. doubt emery gets another year, prolly try and go for allegri, personally i'd love for ten hag or nagelsmann to be next up for arsenal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
There's the first goal of the Conte era. Brozović pearler.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
High probability Bolton will be liquidated and kicked out if the EFL as early as tomorrow. From playing at Athleti in the UEFA Cup 10 years ago to this. I'm immensely sad my club may be no more. A founding club, nearly dead and gone.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Calling @HisMajesty

Incidentally, anyone have a half decent podcast thats not just waffling cunts talking bollocks?

High probability Bolton will be liquidated and kicked out if the EFL as early as tomorrow. From playing at Athleti in the UEFA Cup 10 years ago to this. I'm immensely sad my club may be no more. A founding club, nearly dead and gone.
Ridiculous its been allowed to get this far.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bolton was a founding member of the football league and won the first ever Wembley FA Cup Final

Its criminal what has happened to them

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Calling @HisMajesty

Incidentally, anyone have a half decent podcast thats not just waffling cunts talking bollocks?

Ridiculous its been allowed to get this far.

Just started listening to a new one recently. It's called double pivot soccer analysis, analytics and commentary. It's hosted by two Americans with annoying high pitched voices but they actually know what they're talking about and you're guaranteed to actually learn stuff. Give it a shot.

Try listening to their two most recent episodes.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Just started listening to a new one recently. It's called double pivot soccer analysis, analytics and commentary. It's hosted by two Americans with annoying high pitched voices but they actually know what they're talking about and you're guaranteed to actually learn stuff. Give it a shot.

Try listening to their two most recent episodes.
Do they use the word cleats at any time?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

Shav1

May 18, 2018
It'll always be there, lurking.

I bet they use stats to two decimal places. 5.41 dribbles per game or some such.

As an experienced English speaker I can confirm that there are no intelligible words in those podcasts at all!

lol they do. Honestly it'd be weird if they didn't. Also screw your guutenburg podcasts Paganmoon. American podcasts with occasional basketball references are where it's at.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really go wrong with The Guardian's Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Totally Football Show. Across those 3 they have episodes covering England and all the top leagues on the continent.

There's also like 3 FPL pods I listen to.. I don't have a problem...

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Can't really go wrong with The Guardian's Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Totally Football Show. Across those 3 they have episodes covering England and all the top leagues on the continent.

There's also like 3 FPL pods I listen to.. I don't have a problem...
Yeah those are good too. Barry is starting to get on my nerves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.