• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hate football sometimes.

Madrid is basically the same team as last year, so it was dumb to expect anything different this year.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone mention that Guardiola ruined Real's day?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
General question, is there a reason we don't have specific threads for the different leagues? Football is so large and expansive, unlike the NFL or MLB or NBA which are just one league.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
General question, is there a reason we don't have specific threads for the different leagues? Football is so large and expansive, unlike the NFL or MLB or NBA which are just one league.
It's probably too PL-oriented here for that, other threads wouldn't be very active so might as well just have it all in one thread. I think there's another one for MLS and other american stuff though.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably too PL-oriented here for that, other threads wouldn't be very active so might as well just have it all in one thread. I think there's another one for MLS and other american stuff though.

Yep, exactly why I was asking, was hoping for a more La Liga centric discussion.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
Couldn't have asked for a better weekend 🤭
jk9i52gipji31.jpg

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Courtois is still living off his reputation from his loan spell with Athletico Madrid. He was good but never even close to peak Cech at Chelsea and Madrid spending so much money on him when they already have Navas was always a crazy decision.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look forward to City making up conspiracies about the FA loving Liverpool when Walker and Ederson should clearly both be sent off already.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
trashford booting shit pretending to be cr7 , harry wilson emulating messi, and does like the maestro does.

i always laugh when i listen to delusional as fuck man-u fans thinking trashford is some sort of top-striker in the making.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Its staggering to me how City hasn't got a better replacement dor Mendy than Zinchenko. I don't rate this guy at all

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

pep loves zinchenko for some weird fucking reason, i don't see it either. that cancelo wouldn't be favored over walker i was very sure of (tried to convince people who were gonna take cancelo in their fantasy teams that he was most likely gonna see the bench barring bad injuries on walker)

------

personally i don't rate city's defense at all, i think they'll struggle in cl once they reach the knockout stages, walker is mediocre, stones is mediocre, otamendi is a red card waiting to happen, and ederson can go from hot to cold in an instant, zinchenko i don't get, and laporte is quality.

cancelo isn't much of a reinforcement either, considering juve dumped him cuz he was involved in several situations last year that cost them, the cl game against ajax to name one.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
pep loves zinchenko for some weird fucking reason, i don't see it either. that cancelo wouldn't be favored over walker i was very sure of (tried to convince people who were gonna take cancelo in their fantasy teams that he was most likely gonna see the bench barring bad injuries on walker)

------

personally i don't rate city's defense at all, i think they'll struggle in cl once they reach the knockout stages, walker is mediocre, stones is mediocre, otamendi is a red card waiting to happen, and ederson can go from hot to cold in an instant, zinchenko i don't get, and laporte is quality.

cancelo isn't much of a reinforcement either, considering juve dumped him cuz he was involved in several situations last year that cost them, the cl game against ajax to name one.

I have said it before and I will say it again, City flourish in the PL because they get away with so many snide tackles. In Europe, that just doesn't happen because you will get pulled up for the most innocuous challenges sometimes. That leads to them suffering against the major sides in European competitions.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
feel really good about my fantasy midfield this season, ceballos, mount, & tielemans

---

nice aguero got a 2nd, he's my forward this year. , likely aguero's last year in the pl, so i'm counting on pep to not overuse him in all comps and give him a real chance to get another golden boot before he leaves. it's kinda crazy how he only got one.

------

sancho is going to be hilariously expensive after this season if he keeps on current trajectory.

----------

expecting pool to break up their front three after this season, with bobby or sadio being the likely candidates to go (if i had to pick, i'm gonna say it'll be bobby getting sold for a hefty sum)

Last edited:

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

i'm fully aware, he's probably one of the most underrated forwards in the world for all the work he does out on the pitch. but liverpool's current model has thus far been to continously reinvigorating the squad and making sure to capitalize on player value before it starts dipping. and bobby will be 28 next year, so i expect he's got at most two more seasons with pool (counting this one) ,but i wouldn't be surprised to see him go next summer.

pretty sure pool is gonna be trying hard to convince werner, as klopp seem to rate werner very highly (i know werner recently extended his rb contract, but the clause is still only @ 30mill which is nothing) . as far as forwards go i really can't think of a better finished article than werner around the 22-24 age mark truth be told.

Last edited:

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
i'm fully aware, he's probably one of the most underrated forwards in the world for all the work he does out on the pitch. but liverpool's current model has thus far been to continously reinvigorating the squad and making sure to capitalize on player value before it starts dipping. and bobby will be 28 next year, so i expect he's got at most two more seasons with pool (counting this one) ,but i wouldn't be surprised to see him go next summer.

pretty sure pool is gonna be trying hard to tie up werner as soon as he's allowed to negotiate, as klopp seem to rate werner very high. as far as forwards go i really can't think of a better finished article than werner truth be told.

what is any of this based on? Klopp hasn't let any of his first team players go willingly and has never once made it look like he'd swap Firmino for Werner. If anything, he wants to promote Origi and Brewster.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

origi is never gonna be a first team striker in a club that is trying to win the league. and the reason you have money to spend, and have been able to build the foundation you have over the past (x) seasons is because you've continously sold off assets (players) before their value began dipping.

both bobby and sadio are getting to be around the mark of their peak. so unless you are all of a sudden gonna up and change model that have brought you back to the dance (highly fucking unlikely) , expect the front three to be broken up at the latest in two seasons (counting this one)

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Seeing what Raul Sanllehi did with this transfer window alone, I trust him fully to find a great managerial replacement when that time comes.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
origi is never gonna be a first team striker in a club that is trying to win the league. and the reason you have money to spend, and have been able to build the foundation you have over the past (x) seasons is because you've continously sold off assets (players) before their value began dipping.

both bobby and sadio are getting to be around the mark of their peak. so unless you are all of a sudden gonna up and change model that have brought you back to the dance (highly fucking unlikely) , expect the front three to be broken up at the latest in two seasons (counting this one)

Yes you said that before but you haven't said who. Klopp sold Coutinho cos he spent 6 months sulking, who else has left who was first choice? Can left on a free, Lucas fell out of favour and Mignolet got replaced.
Origi isn't going to be first choice but by the same token Werner isn't going to come to Liverpool to play like Origi has.

If you think that we're selling our entire front line, who exactly is supposed to replace them?

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
wonder what club will pickup joelinton on the cheap when newcastle goes down, prolly pay 50% or less of what newcastle paid, and then he'll bang 10-15+ goals for his new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.