• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. And after fifa fixed racism too.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. And after fifa fixed racism too.

Jim White on Talksport today (it's on in the office) was talking about himself going down to Twitter HQ and demanding he speak to the CEO and they wouldn't even accept his business card when he was turned away. He's "pushing for progress on this issue" but when a caller called in and said that he has been racially abused IRL and had proof on film and the police did nothing Jim just moved on to the next caller. Not interested in tackling real racism in society, just wants to get rid of twitter trolls. Wish I didn't have to listen to this shit.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Jim White on Talksport today (it's on in the office) was talking about himself going down to Twitter HQ and demanding he speak to the CEO and they wouldn't even accept his business card when he was turned away. He's "pushing for progress on this issue" but when a caller called in and said that he has been racially abused IRL and had proof on film and the police did nothing Jim just moved on to the next caller. Not interested in tackling real racism in society, just wants to get rid of twitter trolls. Wish I didn't have to listen to this shit.

Jim White doesnt tend to give a whole lot of opinion on things, he's just the presenter

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It never went away but it's definitely been getting worse the last 2 or 3 years. Or maybe the reporting of it has just improved..

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
It never went away but it's definitely been getting worse the last 2 or 3 years. Or maybe the reporting of it has just improved..
Both. In this country, specifically, Brexit has correlated with a rise in hate crimes/racial abuse. Fortunately, recently media outlets have shone more of a light on the abuse that has always existed.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Also, "a handful of people said atrocious things on Twitter" has turned into a genuinely reportable story, which -- because, at Twitter volumes, you can find people saying literally anything -- means that this gets reported a ton.

It's definitely not great but I don't really know that reporting on it, screenshotting tweets and retweeting them, etc serves to expose, rather than amplify, the racists/trolls.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
LOL Holloway. I've honestly usually liked him and his press conferences etc, but that's an amazing take.

Also, "a handful of people said atrocious things on Twitter" has turned into a genuinely reportable story, which -- because, at Twitter volumes, you can find people saying literally anything -- means that this gets reported a ton.

It's definitely not great but I don't really know that reporting on it, screenshotting tweets and retweeting them, etc serves to expose, rather than amplify, the racists/trolls.
If the articles just named people and said "these people are racist cunts" it would be better. Don't quote their vile shit. Just out them.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

This.

Bury are about to get kicked out of the EFL on Friday, because of a fucking conman with an overly inflated sense of his own self worth. Steve Dale has no right to be anywhere near a football club, yet here he is, with a club that's got over a hundred years of history, and it's going to go pop because he wants to make a quick £3m.

For those unaware, the company carrying out the administration of Bury FC, RCR Holdings, was registered in July. There's one director. That director is the partner of Steve Dale's daughter. There are assets of £100, yet apparently Bury owe them £7m.

With Bury having games suspended left and right, and Bolton seemingly doing whatever they want, it's throwing the season into chaos already. It's August. Not a Bury fan, we (Lincoln) came up with them last season,

Please, whoever you support, try and make whatever noise you can about getting rid of Steve Dale from Bury FC and keeping the club alive. It's a fucking travesty.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a travesty what's happening to both Bolton and Bury.

They'll both end up going to the wall, because the greedy and dishonest bastards running the show weren't stopped earlier.

Total disgrace.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
This.

Bury are about to get kicked out of the EFL on Friday, because of a fucking conman with an overly inflated sense of his own self worth. Steve Dale has no right to be anywhere near a football club, yet here he is, with a club that's got over a hundred years of history, and it's going to go pop because he wants to make a quick £3m.

For those unaware, the company carrying out the administration of Bury FC, RCR Holdings, was registered in July. There's one director. That director is the partner of Steve Dale's daughter. There are assets of £100, yet apparently Bury owe them £7m.

With Bury having games suspended left and right, and Bolton seemingly doing whatever they want, it's throwing the season into chaos already. It's August. Not a Bury fan, we (Lincoln) came up with them last season,

Please, whoever you support, try and make whatever noise you can about getting rid of Steve Dale from Bury FC and keeping the club alive. It's a fucking travesty.
Its very sad to see man, no surprised this Steve Dale is an outright cunt, wouldnt wish this on any club in the EFL.

Anyways, Lincoln seem to be doing well so far in League 1 with 9 points 9 goals scored already, good luck to your team!

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Its very sad to see man, no surprised this Steve Dale is an outright cunt, wouldnt wish this on any club in the EFL.

Anyways, Lincoln seem to be doing well so far in League 1 with 9 points 9 goals scored already, good luck to your team!

The revelation that his daughter's partner runs the administrators is just... Yeah. If it's not criminal then it should be. Absolute arsehole.

And absolutely! We've had a dream start, result last night didn't go our way but we absolutely battered MK in the second half, just couldn't find the finish

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
This.

Speaking of which...former director has seemed to chain herself to the building in protest.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I feel so sorry for Bury fans, hopefully the FA brings in some reforms to prevent this happening again. Unfortunately, with Bolton, we may have two clubs be liquidated within a season.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's good they are doing this but they've can't use that capacity as British law dictates they need a rail/tram link after 60,000 people.

Who says they won't have one?

Articles like this from the echo say it's not impossible, especially after the success of the concerts at Anfield this summer.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017

Lol yes

Probably something they have to figure out/deal with it.
Who says they won't have one?

Articles like this from the echo say it's not impossible, especially after the success of the concerts at Anfield this summer.

Someone asked James Pearce on his Q&A about logistics and he said this:

a75e63ea895afdcdd86741ffc3e51d3d.png

Thanks guys, a new station at Anfield I think was stated in Network Rails strategy for CP7 (although I can't for the life of me find a link to it now). I'm just hugely pessimistic as the government never puts any money into the rail system whatsoever. Especially considering how much the British government traditionally dislikes LFC.

EDIT:

Found it: Here and here. Control Period 7 (CP7) runs from 2024 to 2029 and Control Period 8 (CP8) runs from 2029 to 2034. That is mainly why I'm pessimistic, it's still 10-15 years away!

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I think the owners are going to try and push developments alongside the growing success of the side so they'll find some way of making it work.

Good for Ox.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to karaoke on Saturday. My song choices will heavily depend on the result.

Regarding Pogba, the worst part of the racism is the majority of fans want Rashford on penalty duty. Yeah; racially abusing Pogba so another black player will take penalties instead. Absolute pondlife. If anyone can be identified it should be straight up lifetime bans from grounds.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every Arsenal fan I know is really confident about tomorrow.

Feel like that's misguided optimism based on what usually happens to them at Anfield. Hopefully that continues.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Every Arsenal fan I know is really confident about tomorrow.

Feel like that's misguided optimism based on what usually happens to them at Anfield. Hopefully that continues.
I think any confidence comes from the fact you haven't started the season playing particularly well (from what I've seen), a belief that Emery has learnt from last time, and the additions to the squad making us a bit better.

Personally I expect us to lose, but I'd be extremely happy with a draw. A draw tomorrow and then 3pts next weekend pls.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Recently at Anfield we tend to get blown away within the first 20 minutes, I hope we can at least make a game out of it this time. I really can't see us getting any points though, unless Liverpool have a really off day

People have been getting carried away with our 2 wins, Newcastle are awful and we made hard work of beating Burnley at home

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The recent games at Anfield always start with Arsenal playing well, but as soon as we get one, they collapse. The crowd get super into it, and we're even taking the ball off them from their own kick off. Like you said, it's like a 20 min blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.