• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm just relieved we didn't lose a second final on pens in a fortnight. Really sloppy performance apart from a few glimpses of quality. We definitely would have lost without Bobby.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I don't particularly believe in karma, but although Abraham looked visibly nervous during the walk up, it has bit him on the arse after that 'penalty' earlier on — he practically planted his feet into Adrian's hands!

Firmino was Liverpool's MVP tonight ... 😬

At least Klopp is slowly getting rid of the heavy burden tied to the baggage of his numerous finals losses.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Thank fuck for that. Worrying how bad we were at times this eve. But going through all that extra time would've been shite if we didn't win in the end.

Kante was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Special mention to that Chelsea pen though. Lmao. What a dive. Horrendous officiating. They were great for every single other decision I thought, but VAR bottled that one.

What a gif lol. Made up for Adrian- what a crazy turn of events for the last few weeks of his life. Also agreed on the penalty. VAR should be creating the correct decisions.

The match as a whole raises some big concerns for the rest of the season, issues that began on Friday and seemed to follow through to Istanbul. Defence and midfield were really poor.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Still with the squad, rumors he might be loaned out. The list of Chelsea managers unimpressed by him keeps growing.

I think we should give him a chance, he may be unorthodox but sometimes you need that unpredictability in a striker.

I think Frank can be impressed with how we performed, even with the score in the United game there are a lot of positives from both games so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Didn't see the Supercup match, just the highlights now, but it looks like Chelsea isn't as terrible as the 4-0 result against United would say, which I guess is what one could see during that match.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EB9kYYMXsAcwglC

I'm loving this picture getting passed around twitter and cries of 'uefapool'.

Justice for that Tammy dive tbh.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rule that VAR only get one extra angle for decisions is so braindead. It's just a mockery when the TV companies have about 7 or 8 angles instantaneously.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Good result yesterday. Feels strange seeing us lift a second troph. But we need to sort shit out defensively. Also a bit worried that without Bobby we'd have been screwed.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Good result yesterday. Feels strange seeing us lift a second troph. But we need to sort shit out defensively. Also a bit worried that without Bobby we'd have been screwed.
The defence isn't the issue, its the midfield that's the problem and I'm not talking about Fabinho.

Last edited:

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Was it a particular player in the midfield? Admittedly I've only been able to watch highlights since it aired while i was at work.
Henderson and Milner were getting bypassed quite easily, making it really hard for Fabinho. Also not sure what Klopp was thinking playing Ox on the wings because we all know from his Arsenal days, that isn't a position he is good at.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anybody but Van Dijk wins the award, it's a wind up. He's been completely transformative and has lifted 2 European trophies over the season they're being judged on.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anybody but Van Dijk wins the award, it's a wind up. He's been completely transformative and has lifted 2 European trophies over the season they're being judged on.
I honestly don't get why they even consider anyone who isn't named Messi or Ronaldo.

It's just a yearly GOAT rating between the two.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So we're playing FC Steaua București in the final playoff for the Europa League. All in all, we've had decent luck in the draws considering we had to enter in the 2nd Qualifying Round and the chances of getting matched with a "shark" in the 3rd round and the playoffs was fairly high.

The current Steaua seems to be well off the years in which they were an European power house, they are most definitely a beatable opponent for us right now. In either case it's gonna the first actual challenge for us this season, despite already having some 5 or 6 official matches so far.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't get why they even consider anyone who isn't named Messi or Ronaldo.

It's just a yearly GOAT rating between the two.

But they both play in what are essentially the SPL with more money and better weather and bottled it in Europe this year. In comparison VVD has been playing in a competitive league and triumphed in Europe so it's really no contest.

;)

Oct 29, 2017
But they both play in what are essentially the SPL with more money and better weather and bottled it in Europe this year. In comparison VVD has been playing in a competitive league and triumphed in Europe so it's really no contest.

;)
But everyone has already decided that Messi and Ronaldo are the best and that can't change until they retire.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I expect to see the words "title race blown wide open" on every site by the end of tomorrow

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Lots of talk about Sanchez sodding off to Italy. Even thought it would only leave us with Rashford, Martial and a very green Greenwood up front, I say go for it. He's not going to offer anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.