• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
most scored, 2nd least conceeded, best GD, top by 5 points.

#ItsJustAnotherDiMatteo
Screen-Shot-2019-03-06-at-09.27.33.png

#itsOnlyHalfTheTeamsIntheLeague he beat

dont get carried away now

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Emery seems to tweak the team way too much.

I still think Arsenal beat Rennes at home but they shouldn't be losing away

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
If City keep fueling the fire, it really doesn't matter how good Ole is. You can't compete with that.
City won't maintain anything like the dominance United had, nobody will. They are a stride off last year already I think.

Plenty of opportunity for other teams to win.

Just not Liverpool or spurs lol

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Didn't have to check to know which ref it was - Willie Collum
Seriously, our refs have been so bad this season they should be nowhere near a Europa League game and Willie Collum has been consistently abysmal for years now.

Hugh Dallas is high up in UEFA Refereeing. That's why a disproportionate number of Scottish referees are on the UEFA list, and why the majority of them come from Dallas's local refereeing organisation (Lanarkshire). It's why his son got fast tracked through the refereeing structure despite being absolutely shit, and surprise surprise despite having relatively limited experience was fast tracked on to UEFA and FIFA lists.

Refereeing in Scotland is a corrupt sesspool of nepotism and ineptitude.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Hugh Dallas is high up in UEFA Refereeing. That's why a disproportionate number of Scottish referees are on the UEFA list, and why the majority of them come from Dallas's local refereeing organisation (Lanarkshire). It's why his son got fast tracked through the refereeing structure despite being absolutely shit, and surprise surprise despite having relatively limited experience was fast tracked on to UEFA and FIFA lists.

Refereeing in Scotland is a corrupt sesspool of nepotism and ineptitude.
Geez that explains a lot.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
What did you expect UEFA to say?

Of course there is a rule that can be used to cover for the decision. It's still a disproportionate punishment considering the context of it.
When you disproportionate, are you talking about giving a penalty for a handball in the penalty area, or getting booted out of the CL in the dying minutes?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Come on, it's not like the defender did it on purpose. But he was reckless.
_105944514_tv052787126.jpg

I don't think either of his arms are in a natural position, his arms are going out in the same direction as his outstretched leg because he's trying to block that whole area. There's no reason for his left hand to be up next to his head, he's trying to make himself big.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
United's form under OGS is super impressive and it does make you wonder how they could have performed had he been there since the summer. United scored 80 points last year under Mou. I don't think they'd have been far off.

I was also under the impression that they need to buy a lot of players in the summer but small refinements should be more than enough.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
united still need massive reinforcements, ogs is outperforming underlying metrics by like a goal a game. you have to give him the job on the outside shot he's an actual wizard, but clearly still need to spend in the summer.

Do Man U fans still hate Di Maria?

Poor guy

di maria is such a frustrating story. he was so, so good his first few games with the club, then basically got van gaal'd to death. one of the most talented players of the post-fergie era.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
_105944514_tv052787126.jpg

I don't think either of his arms are in a natural position, his arms are going out in the same direction as his outstretched leg because he's trying to block that whole area. There's no reason for his left hand to be up next to his head, he's trying to make himself big.
I don't think it was necessarily intentional, he jumped like he was afraid of the ball. Naturally, he could have had his arm stuck to the hip when he jumped, but he didn't. Harsh truth, tough life. Next time he won't fuck up this way.

Now I see a rumor in Marca that Al Khelaifi wants Oblak for the PSG. Which is hilarious after getting a legend goalkeeper who, imo, still has it in him, just because he made a fuckup with a poisoned shot that Lukaku exploited. And it's also hilarious how Atlético goalkeepers keep creating these legends that they are unbeatable, and the moment they leave the team they turn out to be quite mediocre, and it was all about the vicious defense the team has. Already happened with Courtois, now it will happen again.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
PL predictions:

Palace 2 - 1 Brighton
Cardiff 1 - 3 West Ham
Hudds 0 -2 Bournemouth
Leicester 2 - 1 Fulham
Newcastle 1-1 Everton
Saints 1 - 2 Spurs
Man City 2 - 1 Watford
Liverpool 2 - 1 Burnley
Chelsea 2 - 1 Wolves
Arsenal 1 - 2 Man U

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol City! Totally upstanding football club! Nothing shady as all living fuck going on there...
So many rumors around what Florentino might do and its not even summer yet.

I think its safe to say he is really considering bringing Mou back (which would be a catastrophic mistake), but he's also considering Pochettino, which I would prefer a million times over Mou.

Pochettino: I'd like to return to Spain one day and coach football that people like
Break bank on Kane and Son whilst you're at it.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Come on, it's not like the defender did it on purpose. But he was reckless.
The law states deliberate and people think deliberate means "he intentionally moved his arm to touch it", when it doesn't. It means intentionally making yourself a bigger target. If he front it up with his arms at his side or behind him (as we see all the time) and it clips his arm, it's no penalty. If he turns his back while covering his balls and it hits his arm, its no penalty.

And since when did the ultimate destination of the ball matter?

Did it his his arm? Yes. Could he have kept his arms tucked to prevent them flailing? Yes. Was it inside the penalty area? Yes.

Oddly there wasn't much fuss about a clear red not being given in the first leg.

United's form under OGS is super impressive and it does make you wonder how they could have performed had he been there since the summer. United scored 80 points last year under Mou. I don't think they'd have been far off.

I was also under the impression that they need to buy a lot of players in the summer but small refinements should be more than enough.

We still need a CB, a RB and ideally something for the RW.

Valencia is out at the end of the season and Young is hopefully only getting minutes as a backup next year.

Midfield we can probably do fine with Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Lingard and Andreas (assuming he stays) with Garner, Mctominay and Gomes playing when needed.

Assuming Mata and Sanchez are on the way out, the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Lukaku can be supplemented with Lingard, and then Chong and Greenwood getting some minutes. But that still leaves us thin.

There has been plenty of speculation linking us with a move for Sancho in the summer and he'd walk in on the right hand side.

lol if Liverpool get their PL title via City being stripped

Funny, but still not acceptable.

I think its safe to say he is really considering bringing Mou back (which would be a catastrophic mistake), but he's also considering Pochettino, which I would prefer a million times over Mou.

Pochettino: I'd like to return to Spain one day and coach football that people like

I#'d like you to take Mou for the carnage and then Poch in the summer, but only once United have confirmed Ole.

The idea that Spurs fans have had to think about him leaving for United all season only for MAdrid to come in for him at the last minute when United don't want him is too funny.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

I really hope he doesn't. He considered bringing Mou for the match this Sunday!!!! but we know that ain't happening. So, might as well finish the season. If Mou comes, half the players will leave on the spot, and half the fans will riot, and he won't fix shit for the rest of the season.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
I

Now I see a rumor in Marca that Al Khelaifi wants Oblak for the PSG. Which is hilarious after getting a legend goalkeeper who, imo, still has it in him, just because he made a fuckup with a poisoned shot that Lukaku exploited. And it's also hilarious how Atlético goalkeepers keep creating these legends that they are unbeatable, and the moment they leave the team they turn out to be quite mediocre, and it was all about the vicious defense the team has. Already happened with Courtois, now it will happen again.

What legends? Courtois is the only time that's happened. De Gea is like the best shot stopper out there now

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Stadium opening date is confirmed and Champions League QF will definitely be played there!

Absolutely buzzing about that, can't wait to get there

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
It was incorrect in the sense that these have historically not been given when refs have seen them because there is clearly no intent. We know that referees have been told to give penalties for handballs when the hand makes contact with the arm/hand regardless of intent, and the same goes at the other end when a goal is accidentally scored or assisted with the assistance of an arm/hand.

The rule needs work but the referee made the right call within the current instructions.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What legends? Courtois is the only time that's happened. De Gea is like the best shot stopper out there now
Well, you are right, De Gea is very good. Still, between De Gea and Courtois that's one that lives up to the fame and one that totally doesn't, in a decade. So 50%.
And for sure, being a Real fan and hearing fellow fans diss one of the best keepers in the world and surely the best in 1v1s (Navas) and clamor for Courtois for years until they got him, has made me very skeptical of what Atlético fans claim of their goalkeepers.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Well, you are right, De Gea is very good. Still, between De Gea and Courtois that's one that lives up to the fame and one that totally doesn't, in a decade. So 50%.
And for sure, being a Real fan and hearing fellow fans diss one of the best keepers in the world and surely the best in 1v1s (Navas) and clamor for Courtois for years until they got him, has made me very skeptical of what Atlético fans claim of their goalkeepers.
i was so happy de gea played like shit for spain and lowered his reputation among the spanish media. basically stopped real madrid from drooling over him every summer and buy a worse keeper than what they already had.

and the best in the world stays at old trafford!

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Ranieri at Roma and Mou back at Madrid. When you get the reputation as a good manager, it's really hard to fail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.