• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The decision was OK. It would have been harsh. The referee from the PSG would have probably given the penalty though because he knows no subtlety.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. But this wasn't a genius management. PSG imploded under zero pressure from UTD with the help of the worst VAR decision you'll ever see.
I'm not saying that Ole did some master level managing, but his influence with the players may have just been the small little intangibles that made a difference. The players are clearly inspired by him, and then when you remember the team he had to play with today, yeah I think Ole is the difference here.

Last edited:

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Through So far -

Porto - Portugal
Ajax - North Holland
Manchester United - England
Tottenham Hotspurs - England

RIP
Real Madrid - Spain
PSG - France
Roma - Italy
Borussia Dortmund - Germany

Edit - fixed lol

Last edited:

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Aaaand that's that! Porto go through! Honestly, a matchup in quarter-finals between either Ajax-Man.U-Porto would be great for all of them!

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Spurs, Ajax, Porto, United - the first 4 into the quarters. Who would have thought? This is going into the direction of the most surprising CL ever. It only needs also Barca to be kicked out.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
And there goes the last Italian team I was actively rooting for to succeed in the CL. Now to wait and see how Inter and Napoli blow it in the Europa League.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying that Ole did some master level managing, but he's influence with the players may have just been the small little intangibles that made a difference. The players are clearly inspired by him, and then when you remember the team he had to play with today, yeah I think Ole is the difference here.

He's done well, they should give him the job. But not on the basis of tonight. UTD were lucky and the margins swung their way. Ole should credit were credit is due but not for random results like this.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Cash in on Neymar and build a real midfield, Paris.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
VAR really isn't helping. Tonight you had an absolute joke of a decision. Last night they used to it see it if the ball went out for a throw in. It's ridiculous. Just use technology for goal line decisions.

If that's handball then let's just stop now.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
VAR really isn't helping. Tonight you had an absolute joke of a decision. Last night they used to it see it if the ball went out for a throw in. It's ridiculous. Just use technology for goal line decisions.

If that's handball then let's just stop now.
k then i guess every defender can jump around in the box and block all shots with their arms

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
VAR is going to massively change how teams defend going forward... and I'm not sure that's a good thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
LOL always a good day when the rentboys at P$G bottle it again.All that money and they'll never get over the UCL hump , priceless.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wtf

I turned the game off when PSG scored thinking it was over, but now I'm reading United somehow won 3-1???

So much oil money wasted to go out in the second round 2 two years in a row lmao.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It's only Cardiff
It's only Spurs
it's only Arsenal
It's only Chelsea

Issssss only PSG

ole's at the wheeeeeeeel 🎶
Lukaku is the real champ for this game. You have to hand it to him. He proved efficient and audacious

Ole had little to do with this display because on the field his team was thoroughly outmatched. The result absolutely doesn't reflect what happened on the field.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
What happened on the field is that they didn't score enough goals and fucked up to boot. The idea that Ole deserves no credit for this, given the injuries and suspension of Pogba, is mind boggling.

Why.

Do we check to see if a corner was the correct decision? Do we check if a thrown in was called to the correct team? We don't as it would be beyond stupid to do so.
I reckon checking for pens is is good.

Hopefully it stops the stupid holding at corners. Just give 5 pens a game and watch people have to learn to defend again.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Ole had little to do with this display because on the field his team was thoroughly outmatched. The result absolutely doesn't reflect what happened on the field.

It's exactly how Fergie used to play away games in Europe against the big teams. Keep it tight and stay in the game + a little bit of luck. PSG only had 4 shots on target the whole game, just like United.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like there isn't a clear favorite to win the CL this year... maybe Man City but they have never done it before so you never know.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Feels like there isn't a clear favorite to win the CL this year... maybe Man City but they have never done it before so you never know.
If Barça and Atletico go through (likely scenario at this point in time) then I'd say those two are the best teams around. That said, no team has shown the same level of dominance/strenght as in past CL's, so who knows really.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It's exactly how Fergie used to play away games in Europe against the big teams. Keep it tight and stay in the game + a little bit of luck. PSG only had 4 shots on target the whole game, just like United.
But they weren't? Paris lacked the finishing touches and screwed up its chances far more.

Paris lost partly on its own complacency and referee help

Status
Not open for further replies.