• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This makes me so happy. The lads seem full of positivity and energy. Ole has done a fantastic job already.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
This made me laugh

2uuznoowgzb21.jpg

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Okay! That flew by! Great start to the volume! Since I'm not too certain where anyone might be with spoilers, I'll spoiler tag these thoughts up:

Chapter 1
. Train fight synchronization was great, (loved the single camera opening scene) but the fight itself was a little too disjointed due to the pacing of the episode
. Of fucking course Adam is literally in the second scene, though given how he had a character shorts of course he'd be a main part of this volume
. Liked the fact the train has heavy duty defences, something I'm often confused by is how secure do kingdoms make the modern-day looking transport, like the boat from Volume 4
. So, no Ilia SSSN, and maybe no JNR? Bold move...
. Whether a Lancaster shipper, or just see them as friends, Jaune and Ruby are arguably two of the closest cast members all things considered, and remain one of my favourite pairs in the show
. I am liking the direction they're taking Yang and Blake, or more precisely, how Blake is noticeably acting overtly more sociable in trying to be there for Yang
. Love the Yoda granny
. Don't like the opening, but the first two take some beating tbf, but Neo!?!?

Chapter 2
. ...Cinder too, eh? Joy...
. The first two episodes are a little too jumpy between the time before the train, and the present. As cool as in media res is, having this explanatory scene about the lamp here, then the farewells, and ending with the train crashing as a cliffhanger than a climax feels like it'd have set the tone well enough
. Oz is a dirty fucking liar
. I love Weiss anyway, but the crew are nailing her expressions thus far; that transition of "oh my god" shock into resignation when she learns they'll be going to Atlas, and that awe at Jin.
. Sound design felt great here, taking a few cues from LotRs with regards to adding an echo of weight to anything around the lamp, not overbearing but there
. I also love how there is this crescendo of menace to summoning her, and the moment we do there is this supernatural sense of silence - headphone wearer, felt immersed, well done RT
. Maria Yoda is gonna be doing backflips soon isn't she?
. Cinder seems out of her element a bit in talking to a crime boss, this feels a touch like narrative convenience, she is meant to come across as more vulnerable so she had seemingly lost her ability to charm, manipulate and predict how criminals think and operate
. Big guy is either Adam or Hazel or both
. Oz is such a fucking liar, and whilst I get he has a history of backstabbing from his allies, you'd think that a common denominator is his own cryptic personality
. I didn't think we'd get ANYTHING on Salem randomly in episode 3
. Ruby IS being the one to try and keep people level headed and she is the one who is reacting the most proactively towards the train, and having a proven liar and potential threat(?) in their party, LOVE IT!

Chapter 3
. That's... Er what happened to the moon? I mean I never saw a single theory that caught my imagination, do not critising it too much, and it kinda sets up Dust given how the God of Darkness, the one welding mankinds' power destroyed it, sending asteroids back down that can arguably be infused with his magic
. I am... Unsure about this backstory, it's not the worst I've ever seen for RWBY with regards to theories, but it does gloss over some finer points of where mankind came back from, and where the Faunus came from too, and a little too much time was done characterising the two gods than say Salem and Ozma and their children
. Cinematically it was brilliant, amongst the best the show has done - great scene transitioning and narration, with the only real drawback being that siege Salem led not really having enough soldiers to justify the scale of the assault Jin was describing. Only Cinder/Em/Merc's flashback episode compares - fitting since they're both the core antagonists
. So, basically, Salem must be redeemed, not destroyed, or else live in perpetuity - which given how Oz sealed the relics away to avoid summoning the Gods, that really is his plan

Overall, probably the most unique start to a volume yet. Given how there is 13 episodes, I'm already revising my expectations of this being an Atlas volume, it's a travel one isn't it?
giphy.gif

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I'm still not ruling out PSG getting De Jong lol.

They love to fuck Barca

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Sala left an audio message on Whatsapp for his close argentinian friends before takeoff, saying it looked like the plane was gonna fall apart and he was scared, said "if you don't hear from me in an hour and a half, I don't know if they're gonna find me".
Heartbreaking :/

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Any Ajax fans know how good this de Jong guy is?
If you've seen the Nations League, he singlehandedly made the national team threatening with his vision, sprinting ability and forward passes against Germany and France. Before they had Strootman at the number 4 position who simply strolled on midfield, can't see openings, can't pass onto open space, basically can't do shit against actual teams. De Jong makes Gini Wijnaldum better by virtue of actually finding him and not make him do all the work.

You can't really judge him in the Eredivisie because it's a bit of a joke league.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Ole didn't bother to go to the u18 cup game the other night. Instead he went to see the U14 & 16 girls teams and sent Phelan to the u18 boys.

Top bloke.

Sala left an audio message on Whatsapp for his close argentinian friends before takeoff, saying it looked like the plane was gonna fall apart and he was scared, said "if you don't hear from me in an hour and a half, I don't know if they're gonna find me".
Fucking hell.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the plane he was on did have a life raft on board ...... slim chance they may be on it, but i'd like to think it would have been spotted by now :(

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah i read that last night too. Jeez thats awful.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
At least he won't miss the sitters that Morata did.

I mean we have Lukaku, but Morata was awful.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot for De Jong. Not sure if he's worth the price, but I hope he turns into a good player for Barca. Now on to the next kid, De Ligt...

Edit: need a striker more than De Ligt

Last edited:

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting to a point that even buying a young talent who hasn't played a single minute in one of the top 5 leagues is getting prohibitive for most clubs, i'm sure he's good just like De Ligt but man... 90 millions....

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
My father and me were talking about this sort of thing this past weekend. Its absolutely staggering and insane the amount of money all the European clubs are willing to spend. Everyone trying to outdo each other driving the prices sky high.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017

I think it sort of went under the radar given the tug-of-war over whether Coutinho would leave how insane the fee actually was. Like, Coutinho is an excellent-but-not-world-class player -- was already 25, so not likely to improve tons -- who's an awkward fit on a lot of rosters given that he's an attacking midfielder w/o elite athleticism who likes to slow play down.

You look at it now and yeah, Liverpool would like to have Coutinho, and haven't really replaced his midfield passing against lesser teams, but they banked 142m (!!!) without hurting their best big-game XI much at all.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
We're getting to a point that even buying a young talent who hasn't played a single minute in one of the top 5 leagues is getting prohibitive for most clubs, i'm sure he's good just like De Ligt but man... 90 millions....
Yep. Getting nuts.

Some United fans are still bashing Rashford and its like, who do you buy? A 250m Kane or Mbappe or you find a 75m kid no bugger has heard of.

Teams really are going to have to start looking down their own leagues more.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Getting nuts.

Some United fans are still bashing Rashford and its like, who do you buy? A 250m Kane or Mbappe or you find a 75m kid no bugger has heard of.

Wilson costs you £60m in this market. It's absurd.

Even two years ago Watford turned down £40m for Troy Deeney. Troy. Deeney.

For all of Rashford's faults he's still unbelievably young and raw and has some excellent attributes. Once he improves his decision making and technical attributes he could be a world class forward for years. You want £80m at least in this crazy market. English club? Give me a lot more.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
the amount of money Barcelona has been spending in the last couple of years is insane even with neymar money included

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Getting nuts.

Barca needs a holding midfielder who can open up play. Busquets is 30. It's not rocket science.

Funny thing is that City also needs one but they couldn't cough up more lol

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Willem II make €7 million off the De Jong transfer and RKC Waalwijk €4 million

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.