• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 24, 2019

Looks pretty solid honestly, it's a shame we never got this back in 2003. Here's hoping we get a Daredevil game sometime this gen!

Didn't see this posted elsewhere yet, but lock me if old

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Unfinished footage so who knows what it would have turned into, but this looks pretty brutal. The little bits of cohesive gameplay all look pretty bad

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
An Arkham night game would be perfect fit for the character. The vision mode stuff also works perfect for unique game play for the character

Oct 27, 2017
I would have loved that game back then, I'm sure. My hope is that another Sony developer can take the tech from Insomniac's Spider-Man and use that for a Daredevill spinoff game (think something like Far Cry Primal using the tech from Far Cry 4 but still being its own unique, full game).

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I would have loved that game back then, I'm sure. My hope is that another Sony developer can take the tech from Insomniac's Spider-Man and use that for a Daredevill spinoff game (think something like Far Cry Primal using the tech from Far Cry 4 but still being its own unique, full game).

Daredevil deserves more than being spun out of Spider-Man tech imo lol.

He should be adapted with as much loving attention to detail to his world & powers as Spider-Man & Batman received

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Deserves sure, I just don't think he's popular enough for a company to take a risk on designing an entirely new game outright.

Maybe back in the day, but I think we're in a whole new world now after this current golden age of comic book movies in Hollywood.

Eidos Montreal is making a AAA game out of the GotG after all, which like .005% of the general population knew about prior to 2014 lol. I have no doubt that it's only a matter of time before we see blockbuster game adaptations of Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, etc., all of whom were lower profile than Daredevil until very recently.

Maybe Disney/Marvel will hold off on commissioning a Daredevil game until he gets re-introduced / re-popularized through the MCU, but he's definitely not too obscure for a AAA game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Getting shocked while grinding on an electrified wire is not how electrified wires work, lol.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow. I remember always seeing this mentioned in game magazines and websites back then and it was always the same screenshot used: just a render of DD and nothing that looked like a real screenshot. I remember thinking this was one the level of the He-Man game and others: things that would just never come out

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Happy to see the footage shared here! It's super early, but a lot of what I show can be seen in the trailers, so I do think it is a representative sample. I hope to have some time to try to get the PS2 ELF files loading sometime, which might be a better indication of the state of the game.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Happy to see the footage shared here! It's super early, but a lot of what I show can be seen in the trailers, so I do think it is a representative sample. I hope to have some time to try to get the PS2 ELF files loading sometime, which might be a better indication of the state of the game.

Very cool. Thanks for making the video and nice job!

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
This game has this gritty street PS2 look that I love. A shame it never came out.
Honestly same. I was watching him run through that level thinking it would be awesome to get some new games with that vibe. The dirty, gritty, low poly world and characters work well for certain kinds of games.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly same. I was watching him run through that level thinking it would be awesome to get some new games with that vibe. The dirty, gritty, low poly world and characters work well for certain kinds of games.
I am replaying GTA3 right now and it has tons of that. I remember finding the game ugly 5 years ago but now I actually love the way it looks.

Yakuza 1-2, 25 to Life, Kingpin, Urban Reigns, Soldier of Fortune 1 and others I can't remember are so cool looking due to this vibe.

Borman

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Also notice I slipped in another superhero pitch at the beginning for PSP that no one has heard about before...

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this looks like the start of something great, I love the dark look of the city

Borman

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man this looks like the start of something great, I love the dark look of the city
They certainly had the feel down. Even in the early state here, there was potential in what they were building, even if it hadn't come together by this point.