• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Animals in this thread. Animals.

I don't prefer any typically/intended-to-be hot/warm food cold save for iced tea (and even then, IIRC most tea brewed in the US is intended to be iced tea, not hot tea). Obviously ice cream, pasta salad, etc., are intended to be served cold, so they don't count.

I'd rather toss pizza in the trash than eat it cold.
What kind of animal just throws perfectly good food in the trash as opposed to eating it cold?

Oct 25, 2017
Is coffee a food? What about Tea?
And I kinda prefer soup when it's not hot but rather slightly above room temp, i guess that's not really "cold" though.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
People weren't meant to eat cold food. That's why we invented the sun and discovered fire. There are some exceptions like salad because plants come from the ground, and sweet that you should have something warm with. That's it though.

Oct 27, 2017
Fried chicken has got to be the weirdest I've heard. That shit is chewy af cold. Now just grilled chicken or whatever, that's fine cold, but the skin on fried anything needs to be at least room temp.

For me, bread. Particularly cake. Most people love to get that shit hot and fresh, where it just melts in your mouth, but I put that shit straight in the fridge and hope it's cold by the time we're done with dinner. But that applies to pretty much any bread for me too, like muffins, cornbread, tortillas, whatever.

Oh and here's a good one, frozen tortilla chips. Trust me. My Mexican wife thought I was insane and then she tried it and it blew her mind lmao.

Dec 12, 2017
Probably sandwich meats like ham, roast beef etc. While I love certain foods cold, I wouldn't say I'd prefer them over when they're hot. I will never believe that anyone like cold french fries. I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
None. There are foods that are meant to be eaten hot that I will eat cold, but I never prefer it. It's usually just because I'm too lazy to warm it up.

Oct 28, 2017
You can do a similar thing with rice by cooking it with a little oil and then refrigerating it.

As for me, I would rather eat warm food most of the time. Cold pasta used to be great before I went off gluten, and gluten free pastas simply disintegrate when refrigerated. I will absolutely cop to eating small amounts of chicken adobo straight out of the fridge though, and liking cold steak to some degree.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I came in to say fried chicken and / or breaded chicken cutlets. While I wouldn't say I "prefer" them cold, its 6 of one half dozen of the other.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I came in to say fried chicken and / or breaded chicken cutlets. While I wouldn't say I "prefer" them cold, its 6 of one half dozen of the other.

This is why Bon Chon is amazing - it stays crispy in the fridge for days, so you get all the textural joy of fresh fried chicken without the burns.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Pie. I don't like it when it's hot and slightly prefer it cold to room-temp. Goes with ice cream better since it doesn't immediately melt.

FaustLaz

Dec 31, 2017
Honduras
Era fellows already post my best choices: pizza, sandwiches and even chinese food.
I thought I was the only one that eat cold chinese food.
Damn it Era!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the enjoyment of cold pizza > hot pizza.

Is this more of a white people thing?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza.
I will never understand the enjoyment of cold pizza > hot pizza.
Because the flavors interact with one another in an entirely different way when the pizza is cold than when the pizza is hot and some people are going to prefer the former to the latter. And reheating the pizza only ruins both.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
There isn't much, but I will say Pop Tarts are pretty much just fine room temp, and don't need to be toasted/microwaved if not available.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen pop tarts are definitely my preferred way of eating them.

Also I'd much rather eat a room temperature pie than a freshly baked one.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Fried Chicken is the first that comes to mind. It just has a different taste to it and it can really bring out the spices that I don't catch as much when it's hot.

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
I dont like shaming people for any reason. We all live our own way and that is cool.
BUT...... some of you are gross and shouldn't be allowed access to the internet. You know who you are.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Specifically tomato sauce pasta. Shit gets on a whole other level when it's cold.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
91Y1%2BTJZ0sL._SY679_.jpg

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. If it's meant to be hot, make it hot. Cold pizza is edible but I would never choose that over hot.