• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
The original Shapes Nacho Cheese, fuck you Arnott's for the nonsense you pulled in 2016.

51J9ZBIHOwL.jpg
OMG I know right? God I miss these, OG Nacho Cheese Shapes were my favs!

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Walgreens had a store brand jalapeno flavored cashew that was absolutely amazing. I used to go to my local Walgreens and the one by my office and basically buy out there stock every week (usually only 4 bags or so). Been discontinued for a few years now.

B1xB5Yh.png

When those went away, the next best alternative I could find was 7-11 brand jalapeno peanuts. They have also since been discontinued.

aZrh2Lw.png

Every once in a while I'll look through Amazon to see if there's any jalapeno nuts, but nothing has come close to either of those two.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
For nostalgia purposes, I miss the grilled cheese sandwiches in the K-Mart and Wal-Mart cafeterias back in the 80s. The K-Mart one was always so dimly lit, but I have fond memories of going there with my parents and grandma. One of the best things ever was going to Wal-Mart around Halloween to look at all of the costumes and decorations, then stop off for a grilled cheese and an ICEE.

Oh, and PB Max as well.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Trader Joe's Coffee:

Volcano.jpg

Tasted exactly like it sounds like. I think the farm the beans came from went under.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
I went 6 pages and didn't see my memory mentioned: DinoSour Eggs from Willy Wonka

nPZwXli.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
Pink Lemonade Air Heads. They were the best flavor, and they got replaced with grape. For a little while I could buy them in bulk online, but that's no longer possible. And a few years later Air Heads added insult to injury and removed the lemon flavor from the Air Heads Bites too.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda miss the "3D Bites" from the late 90s of Doritos, they came with a cup on top of the container to eat out of. Also the grilled stuft nacho from Taco Bell. Perfection for the value menu.

scoob

Apr 4, 2022
PNW
Fruit-String-Thing.jpg

String things, easily my favorite snack growing up.

070924_HaloGameFuel2hmed_1p.jpg

Halo 3 gamer fuel

shark-bites.jpg

Shark gummies baybeeeeeee

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
At the old company I worked at, the business park had a very small deli/diner run by an old korean couple. Once a week they did french dip sandwiches that just had a very comforting and nostalgic taste to them. They weren't the best by any stretch, but something about them just hit the spot

onion

Oct 28, 2017
The chocolate donuts at McDs in UK used to be unreal, at some point they changed them to Cadburys ones and I don't think they've ever been the same since. You can still get them at McDs in the US though.

Oct 28, 2017
The chocolate donuts at McDs in UK used to be unreal, at some point they changed them to Cadburys ones and I don't think they've ever been the same since. You can still get them at McDs in the US though.

When I worked at McDs in the late 90s these used to be kept in the freezer. Frozen chocolate donuts were life itself and eating one when you walked into the freezer for whatever reason was almost written into your contract. We used to waste SOOO many

Ssyem

Mar 15, 2022
Not really a food but there used to be a pre-workout powder called CRAZE that was eventually banned after it showed chemical analogues of meth in testing.

I could believe it. That shit used to get me so amped for the gym. I'd literally go hard at it for two hours.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There was an awesome donair place acouple blocks from my old work. But then new management took over, changed the recipe, refocused the menu in a bad way, and it eventually went out of business.

Same thing happened to the cheesesteak place below my old apartment. Got rid of our favorite items, changed the recipe on certain items, and they're no longer there anymore.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Not really a food but there used to be a pre-workout powder called CRAZE that was eventually banned after it showed chemical analogues of meth in testing.

I could believe it. That shit used to get me so amped for the gym. I'd literally go hard at it for two hours.

Jesus, what was the aftermath of that? did you have a serious crash / comedown?

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every dish my grandmother ever made. I have SOME of the recipes, but it just does not taste the same. No matter what I try.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Choccie Dodgers (the real ones).

The original ones were chocolate cream plus chocolate biscuit that would stay around for a while and then vanish for years.

They've returned recently but the cretins have replaced the chocolate biscuit for the regular kind, leaving something that isn't quite a Choccie dodger but isn't really a Jammie one either. It's bland as hell and a complete bastardisation of what a Choccie Dodger once was.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Queso Crunchwrap and Mt. Dew Typhoon. Still sooo stupid that Typhoon lost to the literal Sprite copy flavor.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure there are more, but the ones coming to mind that I'm certain are dead never to return are:

mountain_dew_game_fuel.jpg

(Although per Google if seems they may still be releasing this monstrosity in some fashion)

There was an Arby's near me that carried Game Fuel up until at least 2016-2017. I have no idea how they were still getting it or why even, but I frequently went just to get a big ass cup of that cause I hate Arby's lol.

I don't know what it's like to be addicted to crack. I've never consumed crack, or any hard drug really. But these cookies. These fucking rad extreme 90's-ass bears.

hsotddizzygrizzlies2020.jpg

I need them back. I was unfortunate enough to get hooked on them possibly two weeks before they were discontinued some time in the year 2000. I inhaled these shits. I was certain I'd found my new lifetime snack as a kid. But after one more box after the original one I got, they just never appeared on store shelves again. And why I will never love again.

This is a snack I'd genuinely forgotten about but I have to agree, they were perfect and I'd kill to have one more box.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
hula-hoops-xl.jpg

Not as good as Brannigans Mustard, but these were pretty damn good.

Also, I remember these little biscuit snack things that seem to be so rare that I cannot find any evidence that they ever existed. They were little crunchy/crispy biscuit shells filled with chocolate, and had cartoon frog faces printed on the outside of them.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
You made this thread about a cheeseburger and fries?
Not only that, but a cheeseburger from fucking Target, lol.

Anyway, my vote goes to Deans cupcake ice cream. That shit was amazing. The birthday cake crap they have isn't even comparable. I bought a half gallon weekly for a while there. But I haven't seen it in stores in over 5 years.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The Spanish supermarket chain Mercadona used to have a delicious lemon yoghourt + jam combo dessert (Pasión Limón) that was tragically discontinued several years ago. :(