• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Other than the cut of beef what is expensive? I guess you could splurge on Iberico or something rather than prosciutto. This dish prepared correctly is fucking delicious, I honestly don't get how you could say it looks good but tastes bad unless you also acknowledge it just wasn't prepared correctly.

Do you mean macarons or macaroons?

Well the beef is like 90% but it can be a lot.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
And with that, I now have a very robust list of people to ignore when it comes to their opinions on things.

Fondant is definitely shitty though. It's purely used for design/decoration and not flavor.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
In reverse, I encourage all of you to try this

cotton-candy-healthy-grapes-1024x1024.jpg

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Fish and chips was the first thing to come to mind while I waited 3 seconds for the thread to open so I'm loling thank u OP

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

I literally made the "Confused Christian Bale" gif expression when I read this.

99% of the examples here are just people who ate bad versions of that particular food.

Seriously. It'd be like writing "sandwiches" as a response. There are a billion fucking types that cover a spectrum of quality.

Now I'm not a teetotaler myself, but I a lot of alcoholic drinks would count. Much of it is presented in a way that make them seem like they're the height of epicurean pleasure and sophistication, but I personally have never had an unmixed alcoholic drink that I found really, really enjoyable. Most are kind of an odd combination of tasting kind of nasty because they taste of alcohol, after all, and some pleasant qualities.

It's like what George Costanza was saying -- you're telling me wine is better than pepsi??

This is it for me, but with cocktails. I think cocktails look tasty as fuck, but in order for it to be a cocktail, it needs to have a decent amount of alcohol. And I hate the taste of alcohol and it has never grown on me despite years of trying it sporadically. I essentially think cocktails look great because they look like fancy juice to me, and I love juice.

Oct 26, 2017
Except they are not the same size and has less rice compared to the topping --- it's literally sushi.
lol are you serious? you want to talk about size and then bring sushi into this? sushi not the same size as an onigiri at all much less a fucking maki and completely different ingredients what are you even on about.

i will grant you that a plain rice onigiri would be bland as fuck but I've never actually had one even homemade

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
lol are you serious? you want to talk about size and then bring sushi into this? sushi not the same size as an onigiri at all much less a fucking maki and completely different ingredients what are you even on about.

i will grant you that a plain rice onigiri would be bland as fuck but I've never actually had one even homemade
Pretty obvious I was talking about maki in that post.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty obvious I was talking about maki in that post.
sushi and maki are nothing alike. like what are you talking about?

like pm if you want

edit: no wait, got it. like the salmon or tuna or negitoro maki. sure... but those aren't the most accessible maki at all. day to day maki is natto and chicken and all the shit that normally goes into onigiri with probably about the same amount of rice

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What the hell, OP? Fish and chips is an amazing dish. You're going to have to tell us where you got yours from. I'm going to guess you got a low quality fish and chips based on your description.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Champagne. I dunno what dog urine taste like but I imagine champagne is a sparkling version of that.

Dunno how rich people like this shit.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck OP, that looks hideous lol.

On topic: Japanese style jiggly cheese cake is not bad, but it's just simply not as good as New York style. It looks great, and the first time my wife got it right when she made it, we were extremely amused by the texture and the, well, the jiggliness of it. There's just something very cute about it. That being said, it just doesn't satisfy like New York cheesecake does, doesn't even come close, and it takes FAR more work to prepare; just not worth it.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Watermelon.

I like those red, juicy looking inside. but I am not a fan of its taste, not even a drink. There's just something with the taste that makes me gag for some weird reason.

Oct 28, 2017
Trust me, this shit hits close to home for me too. One of my best friend's mom is a baker who makes tres leches all the goddamn time. All of her other foods and desserts are delicious, but I always have to force myself to eat this goddamn soggy mess of a cake homunculus.
Is she Mexican/using a traditional Mexican recipe because the only thing I can think of is using the wrong kinds of milk or using too much of it. Which yes can ruin it, it can become this too moist crumbly mess to weird soup cake. So in this way it's a pretty easy cake to ruin.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Cupcakes look great in the shop window but its usally just a plain ass bun with icing thats way too sweet

Those huge hot chocalate drinks that all the coffee shops make are the same with the cream, chocalate, marshmallows and all on top are the same. Nice for maybe one sip but gets sickening after that.