• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonfruit. Specifically red skinned dragon fruit. It looks amazing but is so bland. Yellow skin dragonfruit is great though.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that would be south Asian food. Probably the most incredible flavors ever but often packaged in a not so great way.
This.

South Asian food can literally look like puke (especially thanks to dishes that are heavy on the turmeric) because you can get curried liquids in a plethora of colors (and some dishes even require food coloring or an ingredient that is added only for its coloring aspect) but the taste is amazing.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
It took far too long for the fish and chips defence force to kick in.

A good chippy is right up there in terms of world food.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
+1 for apples

Also :

lasagna_natures_perfect_food.jpg

so overrated and usually mediocre ... that goes for most Italian food/dishes/cuisine in general.
It's only bad when people don't use any real spices or use cheap ingredients. Just like any other food. Great lasagna tastes amazing.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Burgers pizza pasta ice cream sushi ramen cookies cakes croissants fried chicken fish and chips chocolate

All of these foods are overrated

Gruel thickened with sawdust is where its at

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Limburger cheese looks like it should be a nice smooth delicious cheese. But that smell is hard to get past

limburger-cheese-block.jpg

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Every time you see some honeydew melon out

Honeydew_HEADER.jpg

and you remember how good this stuff can be and then EVERY TIME it's trash and flavorless and watery except for like that one time you had that mythical perfectly ripe one that tasted like heaven

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Eggs now, eggs then, eggs forever. Shame on those that chose fish and chips. Have a word with yourselves.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
Fondant definitely.

Every time you see some honeydew melon out

Honeydew_HEADER.jpg

and you remember how good this stuff can be and then EVERY TIME it's trash and flavorless and watery except for like that one time you had that mythical perfectly ripe one that tasted like heaven

Every kind of melon seems to be like this and it's why everyone ITT is saying watermelon is tasteless. I've had really good watermelon before and it's godlike, but so many watermelons are just tasteless.

Also, WTF @ people saying fried chicken, pizza, and sushi?

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Cevapi. It's a plate full of sausages with pita bread. How can you go wrong? Should be like the best bits of hot dogs and kebabs combined. It even tastes ok at first, then just becomes hard work. Dry, stodgy, the sauce failing to make the save.

I'm English, I can deal with stodge but it was just too much hard work to get through.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Dalgona coffee. It's just sickly sweet instant coffee syrup on top of milk. Tastes meh to okay depending on the quality of instant coffee you use.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with the OP, but only because I don't think fried fish fillets look good, either. They look and taste like they were designed for your 8 year old child's palate.

I feel the same way about chicken tenders, even though I actually enjoy eating them. I can admit to myself that I'm eating trash food for children.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
Macaroons. They look like a cookie/candy but just taste like an egg. So gross.

Edit: macarons

Last edited:

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Bagel bites
7ZEzfzq.jpg

Wow tiny bite sized pizzas! That sounds amazing!

*Takes a bite*

I've never been so disappointed in my life

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Amazing how so many people can have so many wrong opinions and tastes.

pizza
Lasagne
Cheese
Burgers

what the hell is wrong with u ppl and who hurt u?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
blooming-onion-7166b1.jpg

I mean, it tastes exactly how you'd expect it to taste. But the presentation is just so dope that you'd hope it'd somehow taste just as good.

Also watermelon sucks but looks delicious. Too much water, not enough sugar.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Now this I agree with.

Traditional style this takes over 8 hours and with a good prime tenderloin it's easily $80. So easy to overcook too and ruin the steak.
Other than the cut of beef what is expensive? I guess you could splurge on Iberico or something rather than prosciutto. This dish prepared correctly is fucking delicious, I honestly don't get how you could say it looks good but tastes bad unless you also acknowledge it just wasn't prepared correctly.

Macaroons. They look like a cookie/candy but just taste like an egg. So gross.
Do you mean macarons or macaroons?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
What is that place in philly that demands you order in a specific way and quickly? Forgot. But for a place that acts like their shit do't stink it was the worst philly steak I ever had. It looked awesome, but after two bites I had to put it down. I've had phillies from mall food courts that were better.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I've just always had shitty ones, but I've been dissapointed by Tortas every time I've got one.