• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
If I'm not having fun I'm quitting. Either from the team getting annihilated, me being off my game, or just from boredom.

Ranked I'll probably see it through but for social who gives a shit.

Also people that don't quit out when it's like a 2v8 in BTB halo are dumb imo. Just prolonging the inevitable.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I can't help it with the current year COD.

Some matches are so one sided that I can't barely spawn without getting killed. Can't wait for Treyarch this year.

But I agree it is terrible doing it in round based games with no respawn.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Eh people get too serious when it comes to multiplayer games and think dignity or whatever plays into it lol. Move on, people aren't constrained by your personal rulesets. They'll do what they need to do to have the fun they want to have.

MintMuffin

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
When I play Battlefield or Mordhau, I'm not gonna stay around when my team is stuck in the base. I didn't pay to get frustrated.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
If I leave a game mid-match (which is not very often), it's usually because I get an immediate and strong urge to shit

I might be lacking fiber, but not the moral kind

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's just a video game. If the developers feel it's necessary to punish quitters with longer queue times, they'll implement that themselves. Just because quitters don't pass your gaming purity test, you don't need to go equating them to Trump.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Of all the issues I have with online games people quitting games early ranks pretty low. It's more of a minor annoyance than anything.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Shit's annoying. Yeah, I get it, people have other responsibilities and if something comes up and you need to bail that's fine. However, more often than not players are quitting because they are either losing or doing poorly. The players quitting don't give a fuck about a penalty. They have plenty of choices nowadays. Oh, I got banned for XXX amount of time? I'll just got play something else.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Seems everyone does it in fifa. It is a little annoying for me because I always try to score to the end and you can end up talking to the person after if the game was fun. Other players don't owe me anything though they bought the game, pay an online sub and have their own gaming time constraints etc so they can play how they like.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
If I'm getting dunked on, can't get a kill, and overall just not doing well.

I stick that shit out. You never know when you just might pop off, and bring it back for the team only to go right back to being the team shitter. But you helped them get that dub.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I was playing a lot of Modern Warfare I was so guilty of this because IW didn't want to put Map Voting in there.

Piccadilly again? No thanks

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you're on a team that's grossly selfish.
If its a ranked match and the team is losing, but everybody is at least trying i will stay. But if there is no teamwork and everybody is being selfish, then bye bye. In casual no matter who will win everybody will forget about the match 10min later so there is no point in staying if i'm not having fun

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I had a near perfect public rating in dota 2 until my kid hit a sleep regression and now I'm forever stuck in low prio.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
in Rocket League things can get out of hand pretty quickly. And often u can get dropped into a game where there is no chance.

I would argue bailing out of games is apart of Rocket League lol.

In Apex. I will leave if i dont like my teammates. If u can't land with me.....or rush to steal some armor that im grabbing. Im outtie. I can't win with u

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
if i'm not having fun, i will leave. It's a game not a duty.
This. I play Rocket League a lot and sometimes I get matched up with someone who really, really works against winning. They chase a ball when you're already on it, are never in position, can't rotate and all manner of weird practices. Those games are a pain because they require you fighting so hard just to try not have an embarrassing score which often fails because it's basically a 1v2 game. In these cases after a while I'll ask to forfeit but if they don't I might leave, or just kill time until it's over.

That doesn't mean I don't play hard and don't love really hard fought wins, but some games you know you're pushing shit up hill and it's just not worth it - it's meant to be fun.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have no obligation to strangers halfway around the world to stick it out in a video game that isn't fun or is actively making me unhappy.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
In socom confrontation you lost rank after multiple aborts. Not that many mp games penalizes it tho

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
OP, you don't understand what a serious business having a good K/D & W/L ratio is.
200.gif

/s

No but serious that shit used to piss me off back in the Uncharted days. The second someone left, you just knew the round was over :/

Last edited:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great thread janusff, I agree wholeheartedly. It especially irritates me in Smash Ultimate, where you don't get anything if your opponent rage quits.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
I've had several people drop out of the online play in Clubhouse Games because they started losing. :/

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Nothing like some low elo Gold player calling me a try hard, among other expletives, and leaving a game because I spawn peeked him as Doc. I mean, I took my share of lumps when I started playing Siege but I'm pretty sure that made me a better player. I was accused of smurfing early on because I had Counter-Strike experience so once the game decided to up my matchmaking elo and put me up against higher rank players, I had to adapt or quit. I know quite a few people who leave immediately once they realize they're playing against much higher ranked players or if they get demolished early. I had a friend quit Siege entirely because of it being too difficult to adapt to.

Oct 29, 2017
My Coil Milotic and my core of Ninetales-A + Frosmoth have caused a lot of ragequits in Comp Singles, and I'm so proud of it! Basically putting everyone on the other team to sleep and setting up + sweeping (respectively) feels awesome. I myself never quit a battle, even if the situation looks rough I've managed to shithouse my way out of apparently sure losses more times than I can think of.

At least in Pokémon, you should never quit a battle, even if it looks like you're losing for sure. Folks get cocky when they're winning and the RNG can fuck their shit up anytime.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'll leave a MP game if I'm getting a headache or weird motion sickness from the fast gameplay. If a game won't add in another player, I'll try to camp an area to avoid putting my team in a rough position
Siege quick play today (.__.)
I apologize OP, I was getting rek't

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like that a number of fighting games have a "Rage Quit Hell" for frequent offenders on disconnecting from games.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a team death match type of deal and you have team members leave at the start putting you at a clear disadvantage yeah I'm not sticking around so you get a an easy win.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility towards other users. History of similar behavior
If its a ranked match and the team is losing, but everybody is at least trying i will stay. But if there is no teamwork and everybody is being selfish, then bye bye. In casual no matter who will win everybody will forget about the match 10min later so there is no point in staying if i'm not having fun
So you ruin everyone else's match? Shitty.

Please stay the fuck out of multiplayer. It's not for you.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this happens in just about any competitive MP game I play. Whether it be R6 Siege, when a team loses the first round or dies, shitheads just end of leaving matches. Same story with Rocket League or Apex, not hanging out to be respawned. Happens in just about half the rounds I play when I solo queue.

And here's the thing. I wanna say half the time my team makes the comeback and we win. These dudes be leaving for no reason ;_;

It just sucks cause in R6' case, it's a huge detriment to the team when you lose a team mate and the game doesn't match someone in. It's to the point in that game where most the matches I play feature uneven teams.

Also if it's cause you don't want to negatively affect your stats or you just don't like losing, learn to HOLD THAT L. Learn from your mistakes. The fact that ya can't, means you're weak and a coward. Very Trump like tbh.

If you leave matches prematurely, that basically makes you a bunker boy. It's wack. Don't do it. Thanks

Was all for you until you bring your political views into a gaming subject. Don't care if you like or hate someone I don't need that crap in my game discussions.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What does it say about the moral fiber of people that do stick it out through getting beaten, only to message me afterward and tell me how much I suck?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
It's very annoying in Rocket League. Team will be down 1 or 2 points and they decide to quit. The same when someone doesn't get a save or makes a little mistake. And I'm mostly talking casual mode since that's what I play the most.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
You should never play NBA2K20. The whole culture of the game is trying to get your opponent to quit and then for some reason getting extremely upset and aggressive when they don't.

I'm thinking about making a post on how toxic of a game it is.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Seems like this happens in just about any competitive MP game I play. Whether it be R6 Siege, when a team loses the first round or dies, shitheads just end of leaving matches. Same story with Rocket League or Apex, not hanging out to be respawned. Happens in just about half the rounds I play when I solo queue.

And here's the thing. I wanna say half the time my team makes the comeback and we win. These dudes be leaving for no reason ;_;

It just sucks cause in R6' case, it's a huge detriment to the team when you lose a team mate and the game doesn't match someone in. It's to the point in that game where most the matches I play feature uneven teams.

Also if it's cause you don't want to negatively affect your stats or you just don't like losing, learn to HOLD THAT L. Learn from your mistakes. The fact that ya can't, means you're weak and a coward. Very Trump like tbh.

If you leave matches prematurely, that basically makes you a bunker boy. It's wack. Don't do it. Thanks

They're doing you a favor because they're most likely tilted or trash or both. Them leaving saves you from an excruciatingly long match that would have most likely ended in a loss because of them being bad and bringing the rest of the team down. It's better to let them leave and take the quick L(with XP) than to let things draw out, making everyone and yourself more frustrated in the long run.