• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This art is so amazing,with the woman's face.

D34A6V2WkAAFpSN.jpg
Hah wow, didn't even notice that before.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Hey folks, sorry for the late reply, just wanted to say thanks for all the love <3

I'd offer the usual "any questions and I'll try to answer them" but I expect all you want to know is stuff we can't say yet. I'm personally extremely excited about all of these projects and think you all will be too.

Oct 27, 2017
I like that Focus is still releasing story driven, single player content without any BS like 505 Games and their multiple deals and exclusives with Control.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks, sorry for the late reply, just wanted to say thanks for all the love <3

I'd offer the usual "any questions and I'll try to answer them" but I expect all you want to know is stuff we can't say yet. I'm personally extremely excited about all of these projects and think you all will be too.

Can you tell us the genres of these games? Not even which game is in which genre but an overall number of categories.

How many indies, A, AA or even AAA games?

Thanks for your hard work.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I actually beat Call of Cthulhu last night, I'm definitely down for more of that stuff! It was my first game foray into the Mythos :)

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Can you tell us the genres of these games? Not even which game is in which genre but an overall number of categories.

How many indies, A, AA or even AAA games?

Thanks for your hard work.
I'll tell you what I was telling people at GDC - we don't have the infinite money to make and market the next Destiny (or, honestly, the desire to do so, for 99 reasons), so we have to make things that are unique and to an extent target a niche. I think if you look at the games we've picked up that were already independently announced - Aeon Must Die and Othercide - you'll see the kind of variety, personality, and distinctiveness we're going for. The genres (and budgets) vary greatly, and listing them out isn't going to give you much insight except we're making videogames. Assuming you're into those, I think we'll have something for you.

I'm sure that just reads like marketing speak, but it's also true! So that's good.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Really looking forward to these, but just wondering: has Focus considered bringing their older titles to GOG? I've seen most other European publishers (Paradox, Kalypso, Deep Silver, THQN, BigBen) put their games there, so the absence of Focus Home's catalogue always felt strange.

In any case, thanks for the great work!

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Really looking forward to these, but just wondering: has Focus considered bringing their older titles to GOG? I've seen most other European publishers (Paradox, Kalypso, Deep Silver, THQN, BigBen) put their games there, so the absence of Focus Home's catalogue always felt strange.

In any case, thanks for the great work!
I have no idea personally, not my department, but I'll look into it (though probably can't report back because ~business things~)

Oct 25, 2017

Can you say if the Dontnod project is the same core team as Vampyr?

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt

Can you say if we are going to hear more about these titles or some of them this year ?.

Keep up the great work, I'm beyond excited for Dontnod next game.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Can you say if we are going to hear more about these titles or some of them this year ?.

Keep up the great work, I'm beyond excited for Dontnod next game.
Some of them yes, likely not all. Honestly it highly depends, but for example we've started up a little community-focused communication on Othercide, one of the projects I'm personally very excited for, yesterday.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
That there is some effective marketing.

Some of them yes, likely not all. Honestly it highly depends, but for example we've started up a little community-focused communication on Othercide, one of the projects I'm personally very excited for, yesterday.

You've now got my attention, fully. TBS with a horror theme and matching visual style? Nice! Don't care for name dropping XCom left and right (in marketing and previews) because it seems substantially different from XCom, but guess you've got to namedrop the big guns in the genre to get people's attention.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
That there is some effective marketing.

You've now got my attention, fully. TBS with a horror theme and matching visual style? Nice! Don't care for name dropping XCom left and right (in marketing and previews) because it seems substantially different from XCom, but guess you've got to namedrop the big guns in the genre to get people's attention.
It's not entirely up to me of course, but I expect we'll pull back on the XCOM comparisons as we push towards final release. There are similarities, definitely, but it's like comparing Titanfall 2 and Doom 2016 - both brilliant, similar camera angle, but everything else is totally different.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I'll tell you what I was telling people at GDC - we don't have the infinite money to make and market the next Destiny (or, honestly, the desire to do so, for 99 reasons), so we have to make things that are unique and to an extent target a niche. I think if you look at the games we've picked up that were already independently announced - Aeon Must Die and Othercide - you'll see the kind of variety, personality, and distinctiveness we're going for. The genres (and budgets) vary greatly, and listing them out isn't going to give you much insight except we're making videogames. Assuming you're into those, I think we'll have something for you.

I'm sure that just reads like marketing speak, but it's also true! So that's good.
And this is the very reason I like Focus. You guys don't always hit the target but your titles seem to have a lot more...heart for a lack of a better word. Very excited for Greedfall. I had a blast with Technomancer despite it's rough edges.