• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A pregnant Florida woman didn't let being in labour prevent her from casting her vote in the US presidential election, refusing to go to the hospital until she had filled out her ballot.

Officials in Orange County said the woman arrived at their polling site with her husband who told them: "Yeah, she's about to have a baby, but she won't go to the hospital to have a baby until she votes."

Karen Briceno Gonzalez, an election worker, told a local news outlet: "I was like, OK, what can I do to facilitate her to vote? Where is she? Where can I go to help?"

She said she rushed outside to give the woman a postal ballot and check her ID. She thought the woman would fill it out later and mail it in before the 3 November deadline, but between some controlled Lamaze breathing the woman said she wanted to vote straight away.

More at:
www.theguardian.com

US election: woman in labour stops off to vote before going to hospital

Officials in Florida say woman insisted on filling out ballot in person instead of mailing it later

Vote

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both Karen and Florida bout to have its redemption arc

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
She's in Florida, I think its a not a good assumption to assume she voted for Biden. But, thats ok, I dont care who she voted, I care that she exercised her right to vote and made it a priority. For that she has my respect.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously a Trump supporter. If she was a lib she'd be on her way to an abortion!

/s

OT.

No matter who she voted for, this shows how dire this election is to people.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there anyway we can tell? Not that it matters in this situation but it'd be nice to know since it'll make it that much more respect.....
FL, OC went blue in 2016 so odds are decent she voted for Biden.

390px-United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida%2C_2016.svg.png

EDIT: Also went blue in 2018 but it's like 60-70%

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
respect :)
Also, me and my wife did exactly this last election - in sweden where we live.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's in Florida, I think its a not a good assumption to assume she voted for Biden. But, thats ok, I dont care who she voted, I care that she exercised her right to vote and made it a priority. For that she has my respect.
Orange County was like 60 Clinton 35 Trump, not that bad of an assumption to make.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
To be honest, I can't see a Trumper that has drank the kool-aid going to this extreme to vote. I feel like the diehard Cult of Trump is confident in him winning the election, and wouldn't bother putting this off to vote.

Considering how dire the situation we're in is, I think it's safe to assume she didn't vote for Trump, at the least. Looking at my social media feeds of my family and friends, and their circle of friends and colleagues, the desperation to get people to vote Trump out of office is palpable. This story strikes me as a woman determined to vote because she feels there is something to lose if she doesn't. The stakes are that high should Trump win. There are still Democrats in Florida, and considering how Florida has voted Red in 8 out of the past 12 elections, every vote from a Democratic voter counts. If she was voting Trump, I don't think she'd have been as adamant to cast her vote before going to the hospital.

I could be wrong, though.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow's Inevitable Headline:

GOP to file suit to invalidate pregnant woman's vote because some other voters let her jump in line due to her condition.