• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the he gets a record so when he has trouble gaining employment because of background checks we can all say serves you right!

He is absolutely a moron, but schools are supposed deal with minor shit like this internally for a reason. The Principal being so adamant about criminal charges is some peak school to prison pipeline shit that is a serious problem and will have long lasting effects that the initial incident doesn't warrant.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So you are assuming based on an idiot's word and not evidence...

It doesn't work that way.

Well the video does show the principal throw a punch to the head of the kid after he's been put in the headlock. For the record. So I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine it could have escalated from there.

Since this whole story is about escalation.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But why what? You try that on some random person, and the least you deserve is a hard punch to your face. If you are unlucky you get a hospital visit out of the whole thing. I would not fault the principal to responding to the event by roughing the kid up either and then pressing charges.

Different world view, I grew up in latin america and over there, you dont grab someones head like that and pretend its all a funny joke.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
But why what? You try that on some random person, and the least you deserve is a hard punch to your face. If you are unlucky you get a hospital visit out of the whole thing. I would not fault the principal to responding to the event by roughing the kid up either and then pressing charges.

Different world view, I grew up in latin america and over there, you dont grab someones head like that and pretend its all a funny joke.

Wow

Oct 25, 2017

Kid's actually lucky Trump's stupid "arm faculty" thoughts aren't implemented.

It could have gotten REALLY ugly.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So you think it's OK for the principal to assault the student? Showing your ass in here.

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Because there is obviously no intent to actually harm? Bumping into someone or jokingly pretending to do a wrestling move without actually doing said move are not assault.

Yes? It was a joke. Disrespectful and stupid? Yes. Actually intended to cause harm or presenting a danger to anyone involved? No.

I just looked up the legal definition of assault and what this kid did has a good chance as qualifying as battery: intentional harmful or offensive touching without the other person's consent. It also could qualify as assault as it requires the victim to have a reasonable fear for safety. Intent to scare or frighten can also be considered assault.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's time you adopt a world view that isn't narrow-minded to the point you're willing to see someone's life thrown away over this nonsense.

Again, you're part of the problem.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Talk about an overreaction. Kids life could be ruined for what? Your ego that a student touched you? Piece of shit is not fit to be a teacher

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

School is not the real world up to a certain point, it's hwy every school fight doesn't end with criminal charges.... Police should be only invoked for above and beyond incidents, this is not such an incident.

Suspensions, expelled (if the student has a history) sure... but what you're calling for is beyond the pale.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you think it's OK for the principal to assault the student? Showing your ass in here.

100%. When you start something you face the consequences.

Kid's actually lucky Trump's stupid "arm faculty" thoughts aren't implemented.

It could have gotten REALLY ugly.

Yeah, kid is old enough to know these things. I knew at that age that I should not wear certain things when walking home because random people would try to hurt me. I knew to not touch anyone without consent, never be aggressive against someone because they might be armed. You never forget the first time a confrontation goes from words to someone flashing a knife or a gun. Best to keep to yourself and not be acting like a dumbass.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No.

I was saying that a slap on the wrist is a joke for this reckless idiotic behavior.

Detention as some suggested???

Aww hell no, son.
Fair enough. But I'm pretty sure most have suggested a variety of punishments that could have been used.

Anyway, what's this gonna accomplish? Another criminal straight out of prison back on the street soon. Only way more angry at the world and way more likely just go right back. Sure ain't making society safer.

(If prison was actually about reform instead of just machines that create more recidivism I might agree with prison. Don't live in a perfect society though.)
You can't be serious come on.
We should teach kids it's okay to have no respect for your "boss".
Just RKO people, like everybody does.
Yeah man we should...
*checks papers*
Throw kids in prison so they become even more hardened criminals. That's a much better solution.

Edit: Formatting

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just try and tell me Florida isn't the best state.

It's got Gators, beaches and tons of . . . interesting people.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, kid is old enough to know these things. I knew at that age that I should not wear certain things when walking home because random people would try to hurt me. I knew to not touch anyone without consent, never be aggressive against someone because they might be armed. You never forget the first time a confrontation goes from words to someone flashing a knife or a gun. Best to keep to yourself and not be acting like a dumbass.

So basically what you're saying here is if the Principal had shot him you'd say the student had it coming.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just looked up the legal definition of assault and what this kid did has a good chance as qualifying as battery: intentional harmful or offensive touching without the other person's consent. It also could qualify as assault as it requires the victim to have a reasonable fear for safety. Intent to scare or frighten can also be considered assault.
Considering the judge's reaction to this whole affair and what is actually shown on video I think you'd have a hard time getting any sort of conviction on a battery or assault charge. That also doesn't answer why the school can't use it's own resources and policies to discipline a student rather than thrusting him into the legal system for something so obviously minor, the kind of unruly behavior that thousands of high schools across the country deal with on a regular basis without involving police or the legal system.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
100%. When you start something you face the consequences.

Er, no, that's not how the law works.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fucking America man.

I remember at school a guy in my class took a swing at my teacher and the teacher dodged and hit him with a right hook. We all laughed and everyone got on with their day.

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This needed a detention and an apology essay level of response.

Instead, they gotta keep up that school to prison pipeline.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically what you're saying here is if the Principal had shot him you'd say the student had it coming.

Nah. I would also prefer if he got expelled and fined vs jailed. I am just saying that I understand the principal and the kid best learn the lesson fast if he wants to avoid getting shot.

You know, first week in the US when I started my PhD, there was an informal orientation on how to avoid getting killed by Americans. There is a lot of information about how to deal with police and random people screaming bigoted shit at you, because people like me are targets of harassment and attack. I can ignore that shit and try to live in the world as it should be. I can try to fight it and get possibly killed. Or get it in my head that certain rules will be enforced and certain actions will lead to extreme consequences. Such is life.

Er, no, that's not how the law works.

If the law says the dude did not act unreasonably, the dude should be release without charges. If the law says one thing and the guy still gets punished because the system is unfair, then yeah, that is the world I know.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, at least we made progress going from "I kinda wanna see the kid burn from the appropriate consequences" to "well, actually not really but I understand why it's happening. Oh well".

Good talk, gang.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I would also prefer if he got expelled and fined vs jailed. I am just saying that I understand the principal and the kid best learn the lesson fast if he wants to avoid getting shot.

You know, first week in the US when I started my PhD, there was an informal orientation on how to avoid getting killed by Americans. There is a lot of information about how to deal with police and random people screaming bigoted shit at you, because people like me are targets of harassment and attack. I can ignore that shit and try to live in the world as it should be. I can try to fight it and get possibly killed. Or get it in my head that certain rules will be enforced and certain actions will lead to extreme consequences. Such is life.

If the law says the dude did not act unreasonably, the dude should be release without charges. If the law says one thing and the guy still gets punished because the system is unfair, then yeah, that is the world I know.
No I'm explaining to you that just because someone 'starts something' does not give you free reign to do whatever you want to them under the law. If someone pushes you, you cannot pull out a gun and shoot them. If someone punches you, you don't have legal license to then take a pipe and beat them half to death with it.

I'm not sure what the diatribe about random people possibly shooting you has to do with this situation exactly.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If someone pushes you, you cannot pull out a gun and shoot them.

Im pretty sure that you can actually do that in Florida. Which is horrendous, obviously. But the law is not out there to protect you. The law is out there so you can use it to your advantage whenever you can.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I didn't watch Randy Orton as much... but I don't remember him ever being as over as DDP was with the fans.... and DDP had some sick ass Diamond Cutters....

So why yall reference the RKO before Diamond Cutter?

19626d387dd42675e788c8a9accf805a.jpg

RecklessFrighteningEmu-size_restricted.gif

God DDP was fantastic. Absolutely loved him.

Oct 26, 2017
Kid thought it was a work but it turned out to be a shoot.
Principal knew it was a shoot but telegraphed it as a work when he should have done the shoot.

Oct 25, 2017

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. What a scary country. My friends and I are planning to visit there next year, not sure if it is really good idea

I mean, I can almost pass as white as long as I don't speak so I am not in terrible danger. My Indian friends, however, never leave the house in groups smaller than 3 and are pretty much used to the idea of getting stuff thrown at them from white dudes in pickups.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I mean, I can almost pass as white as long as I don't speak so I am not in terrible danger. My Indian friends, however, never leave the house in groups smaller than 3 and are pretty much used to the idea of getting stuff thrown at them from white dudes in pickups.
Even though we go there as tourists?? Thats terrifying. How about us who have asian face?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Talk about an overreaction. Kids life could be ruined for what? Your ego that a student touched you? Piece of shit is not fit to be a teacher
He's a rule breaker and he needs to be broken by the rules. You didn't think this machine ran on good wishes did you? Within the system there is always an implied threat of what happens when you challenge that system. This young man needs to be made into an example.

Show him pain, let him be baptized into the church of punishment.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on where you live. Some places let you respond to a minor aggression with deadly force due to the thread you perceived.

I didn't know that (not from the us), over here everything after the restraining bit would be an assault against the kid since the situation was over, if he did indeed hit the kid after that. But I can see how a lawyer could claim the principal was acting out of fear and make it work, I guess.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though we go there as tourists?? Thats terrifying. How about us who have asian face?

It really depends on where you go. Big cities are fine. And even in smaller places 90% of people will treat you great. As a tourist you will be fine. But living here as a minority really raises your chances of facing those few people that will make sure their bigotry is exposed. Don't worry about it if you intend to visit. Really think about it if you plan on living here.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im pretty sure that you can actually do that in Florida. Which is horrendous, obviously. But the law is not out there to protect you. The law is out there so you can use it to your advantage whenever you can.
Florida is one state out of 50, and even Stand Your Ground laws have their limits. The law is meant to protect people, if it's causing more harm than good it needs to be changed.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Florida is one state out of 50, and even Stand Your Ground laws have their limits. The law is meant to protect people, if it's causing more harm than good it needs to be changed.

All those green states have similar shoot first, talk later laws as Florida.

1920px-Stand-your-ground_law_by_US_jurisdiction.svg.png

Lol who hurt you son. Show me on the doll

Responding to a difference of opinion with a joke about child sexual abuse is incredibly disgusting.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I know this forum is anti-authority as it gets, but this thread is just embarrassing. Thinking that a student committing actual battery on a school principal only merits detention and not criminal charges? Get the fuck out of here.

This student tried to throw his principal to the ground by his neck. That's a criminal act that could have ended with serious injury.
This sounds like complete bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
He's a dumbass but I think phrasing this as "trying" to do it is out of bounds. He was being a little show off douche but it doesn't look like he's trying to do more than the pose.

Still shouldn't have actually touched him, and it's not like the principal would have the context so I can see why he grabbed him. Not really seeing why it should be elevated to this level though.
Agreed

Does this really warrant any sort of official charges? Talk about overkill