• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
ew.com

Sheriff confirms will of 'Tiger King' star Carole Baskin's husband was forged

There's a new twist in the 'Tiger King' epic.

"They called in some experts to say that the will was a forgery and I had already told them that two months ago," Hillsborough County sheriff Chad Chronister said Tuesday to 10 Tampa Bay. "They had two experts deem it 100% a forgery."
Lewis was reportedly a multi-millionaire when he mysteriously vanished in 1997 and was later declared dead in 2002. Netflix's docuseries raised suspicions that Lewis' will might not have been legitimate. The new will reportedly left Lewis' wealth to Baskin and cut out his family. Baskin has repeatedly denied knowing anything about Lewis' disappearance.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for season 2 of Tiger Kings with Joe Exotics jailhouse harem and rants from behind bars while Carole Baskin tries to clear her name from murder charges.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can they reasonably determine that his will was a forgery? Just cause he cut out his family? He didn't seem like a very good guy anyways so..

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I stand where I've always stood: She didn't kill her husband, but she sure as fuck took advantage of his disappearance.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
said before, and will say it again, fuck everyone on that show and throw all of them in prison

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
With everything else that's going on in the world, that's far more important than this, I normally wouldn't even bother to comment. With that said, no fucking shit she had him killed.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
I didn't even watch the show and I can already tell this entire situation is fucked.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just hold on a minute here. The entire article essentially boils down to this one line:

"They had two experts deem it 100% a forgery."

Let's maybe wait for a little more than that.

Who were the experts? Who is 'they'? Have there been other experts that have deemed it not a forgery? The article is very scant on details.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you realize that Don Lewis was a hardcore drug dealer who probably got offed by the sharks and that Carole was involved in his drug empire, a lot of the weirdness around his disappearance makes a lot more sense. A lot of her "suspicious" behavior is probably connected to the methods he (and she) took to insulate her from prosecution by the police or retaliation by his drug runner friends.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if the Tiger King got shivved at this point. Carole doesn't like to leave loose ends.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
cool so the woman who they put so much spotlight on is getting relooked at by authorities

how about the sex cult leader who grooms teenage girls the documentary glossed over?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I stand where I've always stood: She didn't kill her husband, but she sure as fuck took advantage of his disappearance.

That's where I landed. The mysterious disappearance and cutting out his first family only seem strange if you're a normal person and not, like, a paranoid lunatic drug smuggler.

Oct 27, 2017
She has a hand in or at the bare minimum, knowledge of what happened to her husband. Early, early, early. It's not exactly a leap in logic. No one is claiming big foot sightings over here.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised to be honest. Didn't she allegedly fed her ex husband to a tiger? It was not proven but it adds up.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, even if she didn't kill him (and I don't think she did), it was obvious that the will was fake.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I think it's plausible that her husband genuinely disappeared and she merely took advantage of the situation.

Didn't the husband's power of attorney grant her power in the event of his disappearance? I see different estate plans all the time and I am pretty sure that I have never seen anything like that in an estate plan. Super shady and massive red flags everywhere on that one.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised it was forged. The documentary framed it best, its unusual to put down disappearance as a prediction for their will. And to have Carole to be the sole benefactor to get everything leaving the rest of the family cold.

I'm curious as to what happens next.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like she can't be charged with a crime because of the sol is up. However, I wonder if the family could still make a civil claim

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tigerking S2

Upon hearing the will was a forgery.

Joe Exotic: *from behind bars phonecall*

"Thats the point I was trying to make! I didn't plan to kill her!"