• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait until after the 4th, FL man loves him some patriotism celebrations.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
NBA:

giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I wanna lay blame at DeSantis' feet, as a Floridian, living here in this shit hole, a metric ton of the people living here simply don't give a shit.
Neither does DeSantis give a shit. You know the fucker who runs the state? It's like not putting blame on Trump for what happened to America

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Florida DBPR
@FloridaDBPR
Effective immediately, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation is suspending on premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide.

The department that issues Liquor License in the state just tweeted this out. Agencies doing what Desantis won't. idk if this is a fancy way of saying "Bars are now closed." But I wouldn't be surprised if individual sectors start cracking down now with today's cases.
Well this will probably be the last nail in the coffin for Disney. The other numbers are bad enough, but if they can't serve alcohol they're not going to open.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Florida will surpass New York's highest peak numbers I think as they were starting to lock down heavily when it was climbing, which isn't the case here. This is going to be crazy stressful on the hospital system soon as everything is on a lagging delay.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a comparison the whole of the UK with a population of 66m registered 1006 postitive cases today, from a higher number of tests. And that's one of the countries considered to have handled it the worst...

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Well this will probably be the last nail in the coffin for Disney. The other numbers are bad enough, but if they can't serve alcohol they're not going to open.

I doubt they will open, but not because of this - there are no* alcohol sales in the Magic Kingdom.

*technically one or two of the high end restaurants serve alcohol but other than that MK is dry

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking christ. thats almost 10k a day. Florida is going to have to shut down again.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
And somehow my mom still wants my partner and me to fly to Miami.

Shadowninja100

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I wanna lay blame at DeSantis' feet, as a Floridian, living here in this shit hole, a metric ton of the people living here simply don't give a shit.

While that's definitely true, if DeSantis had taken it seriously and slowed down reopening people here wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
We've really got to start demanding more granular data about hospitalizations and ICU occupancy due specifically to COVID. We're nearing two weeks of greatly increased positive tests, so we should start seeing evidence of illness severity soon.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
This isn't even our final form. The US can be a lot fucking dumber than this.

I thought I'd be safe living in California but it seems like everyone is royally fucked.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Holy mother of god, the numbers keep going up. And this is with Florida potentially tampering with the data?

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
My friend's co-worker wanted to go to Florida for Vacation because of her birthday . Told them she's dumb to be trying to go in a time like this.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Chernobyl reactor 4 suddenly escalated into an uncontrollable nuclear reaction? How'd that work out again?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they will open, but not because of this - there are no* alcohol sales in the Magic Kingdom.

*technically one or two of the high end restaurants serve alcohol but other than that MK is dry
True, but where they do sell alcohol, the hotels, Disney Springs, and Epcot especially, it's a huge moneymaker and their highest margin food/drink options. If one of the simplest ways of making money has been taken away it gets a lot harder to justify going through with the much more difficult ways of making money, particularly at a time when hotel guests will likely be spending more time at the hotels. It's also likely that this will be followed by more rules beyond just alcohol which will continue to make it more expensive and less lucrative to operate. It's both a big problem in its own right and a canary in the coal mine for what's to come.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Chernobyl reactor 4 suddenly escalated into an uncontrollable nuclear reaction? How'd that work out again?

It was interesting watching that after the pandemic started and seeing the parallels, like the collision between soft political wankery and physical scientific reality

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Remember- 10x higher than reported.

I'm genuinely concerned for my 86yr old mom who's been going out regularly.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Neither does DeSantis give a shit. You know the fucker who runs the state? It's like not putting blame on Trump for what happened to America

I'm not NOT blaming him. He's absolutely lead the state to disaster, but people have to also be accountable for themselves as well. There are too many assholes that know this shit isn't over, and are still contributing to this shit show. Like, you can't even get people to wear a fucking mask.
-- and it's pathetic that we would need DeSantis to dictate common sense and common courtesy.

My original post should have said, "solely him" btw

While that's definitely true, if DeSantis had taken it seriously and slowed down reopening people here wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

You're absolutely right. The problem starts with his dumb ass not locking shit down and enforcing that lockdown as needed.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone with a functioning brain knew that DeSantis was an incompetent piece of shit. Unfortunately, the majority of Florida's voters are racists, conspiracy theorists, and stupid as all hell.

No matter how this shakes out, I suspect the governor's approval will remain above water. Florida is so fucking lost that nothing matters.

.........I really don't want to go to work. I've been delivering pizza all throughout this pandemic and it's just getting worse by the day.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If I could, I would never leave my apartment.

I haven't left my apartment except to throw away recycling and trash in three months...I don't recommend it but don't blame anyone for doing so. Especially in Florida.

Everyone with a functioning brain knew that DeSantis was an incompetent piece of shit. Unfortunately, the majority of Florida's voters are racists, conspiracy theorists, and stupid as all hell.

No matter how this shakes out, I suspect the governor's approval will remain above water. Florida is just so fucking lost that nothing matters.

.........I really don't want to go to work. I've been delivering pizza all throughout this pandemic and it's just getting worse by the day.

That's awful. I hope you remain safe and covid free and people tip you well. Can't imagine being a delivery person in this climate.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Shit man. Hot tea, sleeping on my stomach, and cough drops helped mitigate my symptoms and made it slightly more bearable.

I contracted it on 6/13 at a bar in Orlando, so almost two weeks ago now. Thankfully, I've had really mild symptoms (low fevers, mild to no cough, and my sense of smell and taste going away and returning) and am feeling mostly better/normal at this point.

Still, i'm paranoid about doing anything now and am hoping to get tested again soon to confirm i'm through it. Regardless, I can't shake that sickly feeling where you just feel a little "off."

The lack of drinking and eating out has caused me to lose a bunch of weight so that's cool at least.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
www.news4jax.com

Nassau County considering mandatory mask order for businesses

Nassau County and City of Fernandina Beach Code Enforcement will begin visiting businesses to see if CDC and mask recommendations are being followed.

"Emergency Manager Greg Foster said there's a surge in the percent of positive test results in Nassau County not because of an increase in access to testing, but because of a decrease in actions taken to prevent community transmission and because some people no longer adhered to CDC guidelines "

I live out here. I hope commissioners here vote and enforce mask.