• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb thing that's been bugging me about this, but can it still be considered "raising" someone if you've only been in their life from ages 13-19?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

CQPmBwO.jpg

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to get into anything suspicious going on because good for him if he took good care of the kid but what piece of shit for using him as a political brownie point

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird situation and Gaetz is a shithead, but I don't want to read into it any more than "huh, what a weird situation."

It sucks for the kid that he got sort of sucked into this for reasons completely outside of his control, but at the same time, it's 100% Gaetz fault for trotting him out like some sort of political game piece after ignoring him for his entire career.

Agreed. I think it's kind of fucked up to insinuate Gaetz is a pedophile or grooming him. Gaetz is a fucked up human being for a ton of other reasons. He's a shitty racist liar sycophant. He's using this kid as a political prop. He's a bully. But the story of "I helped raise this kid through his teen years, because of my ex-girlfriend, and even though we've broken up since, I've stayed close with him, and I still feel like he's my son" is not some insane thing that never happens! Plenty of families are like this!

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Not to defend this obvious idiot, but referring to your kid as a "helper" isn't all that unusual. Would need to see more of that video to understand the context of it's usage there. Not acknowledging his existence until it's politically viable, though, is very much unusual and shitty.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The story is his girlfriend 7 years ago had her sister die, so she took in her nephew and I assume Gaetz was living with her at the time. Few years later they break up, kid goes to live with his biological father for a year, turns 18, and then goes back to live with Gaetz for some reason.

He claims the reason why he kept him secret was cause he didnt want to burden the kid with being the son of a politician during his acclimation to a new country/language and the recent death of his mom, but now that the kid is 19 and Gaetz had his whole "how dare you accuse me of not knowing what its like to have a black kid" moment he wants everyone to know Gaetz is his dad.

They might claim its not because he was ashamed of him, but it really comes across as that when he springs him up as some sort of a gotcha political moment. I mean on top of the whole "helper" and "house page" thing, he didnt even include the girlfriend or the son in his congressional swear in picture.

AR-170109656.jpg
Thank you good sir, clears everything up.

Not to defend this obvious idiot, but referring to your kid as a "helper" isn't all that unusual. Would need to see more of that video to understand the context of it's usage there. Not acknowledging his existence until it's politically viable, though, is very much unusual and shitty.

It's weird how he did it "My s.. err helper". He stopped himself from saying it and correct himself like he almost fucked up.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Dumb thing that's been bugging me about this, but can it still be considered "raising" someone if you've only been in their life from ages 13-19?
Sure. My stepdad became my normal father figure at 13. I don't think of him as dad or having raised me, but I consider him to have raised me more than the dad I had for the first 12 years.

Not that I think this is a case of Gaetz raising anyone.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone summarize and dumb all this down for me? I'm really confused. He mentions this black (hispanic) kid as a gotcha in response to "You dont know what it's like being black" but..he's never mentioned him before. Matt is..unmarried? Is this his girlfriend's son? Is this his gay lover who he's now pretending is his son?

There's a tweet of him calling Nestor his "s.. err helper" and then another one referring to him as a student and not his son as well.

How is Nestor in his life? Did he hide him because he was embarassed to say he was raising the Cuban child of his girlfriend but now saw political gain so he changed his verbage of Nestor? Is there a girlfriend that is also Nestor's mom? Is he adopted? I dont know what's going on other than it seems pretty clear that Nestor has been apart of his life some a fair amount of time.
I believe you are asking all the questions everyone else is asking. This whole thing is weird and nobody has any answers. Let's hope some journo's start digging.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if this is the thing that destroys Gaetz's shitty career.

edit - I feel bad for the kid though

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine someone being in a relationship with Matt Gaetz... Imagine someone being from a minority/immigrant family and being involved with Matt Gaetz...

Oct 25, 2017
In the context of the clip I think it is unusual as hell. We aren't talking about an eight your old, he is basically a young adult sitting on the coach in the background.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Um, so?

Even if this is above board, and I damn well hope it is no matter how it looks, it doesn't change one bit the point that Gaetz doesn't understand how it is to grow up black in America (because he's not) and clearly doesn't give a fuck about black kids because of all of his actions in his entire career.

This is like the final form of the "I have a minority friend!" excuse.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Everything about this is insane. Imagine thinking this would get people off your back, and that no one could possibly find anything weird. Christ.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
Um, so?

Even if this is above board, and I damn well hope it is no matter how it looks, it doesn't change one bit the point that Gaetz doesn't understand how it is to grow up black in America (because he's not) and clearly doesn't give a fuck about black kids because of all of his actions in his entire career.
Wow. How dare you dismiss the experience of his Cuban ex-girlfriends 19 year old brother that he lives with.

He knows he's trolling with this, even if he looks like a total jackass and creep in doing so. Saying he was "triggered" was a give away.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Even though this is all a bit of a strange story to come out of nowhere, I feel like this is a gift to the right. If the left claim that it's a sexual or romantic relationship, the right get to make accusations of homophobia. If the left claim it's strange that this secret son exists, the right get to scream about racism and family values.

I think it's a bit much to jump in with accusations, even though, yes, something seems....off......And maybe Gaetz and his type shouldnt have spent decades proving that they can't be trusted to do anything with good intentions.

edit: Just to clarify: I have been reading twitter. I'm not talking specifically about resetera.

Oct 25, 2017
Even though this is all a bit of a strange story to come out of nowhere, I feel like this is a gift to the right. If the left claim that it's a sexual or romantic relationship, the right get to make accusations of homophobia. If the left claim it's strange that this secret son exists, the right get to scream about racism and family values.

I think it's a bit much to jump in with accusations, even though, yes, something seems....off......And maybe Gaetz and his type shouldnt have spent decades proving that they can't be trusted to do anything with good intentions.
No one is going to run with a story about grooming; IF anything happens at all they are going to run with the idea that just because you have a child that is a person of color doesn't mean you understand what it is like to be a person of color. It is completely ridiculous and misses the the original point.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

I don't know about it being a gift to them. I think it is just strange and looks weird.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
No one is going to run with a story about grooming; IF anything happens at all they are going to run with the idea that just because you have a child that is a person of color doesn't mean you understand what it is like to be a person of color. It is completely ridiculous and misses the the original point.
I don't know about it being a gift to them. I think it is just strange and looks weird.
Just to clarify: I have been reading twitter. I'm not talking specifically about resetera.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Even if this isn't creepy or questionable the guy is still a massive gaping asshole and a total prick

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Pdf2t33.gif

I honestly am not even sure what to think about this. It will probably be a very interesting article a week from now.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So instead of just kissing black and brown babies they're keeping them? This whole thing is weird.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So in an interview, Gaetz said the mom died... but as of 2017 she's living in Hialeah.

The more updates and clarification we get, the more confused I get

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I'm being completely serious in saying that someone needs to investigate that shit. None of this sounds above board or makes sense. And this dude was a minor when all of this shit supposedly happened, so we're dealing with someone who was not able to make their own legal decisions.

In other words, investigate this shit for trafficking. Ain't no goddamn way that fuckboi Gaetz, who already had at least 1 DUI by 2014, should have even been allowed to be entrusted to a minor, even in an unofficial capacity. A minor that's his GF's little brother and with parents and an entire family still in the mix? Nah, none of that makes sense. Talk with the family, friends, and any witnesses to this and let's make sure we're not dealing with a predator here.

Like what the fuck? Am I living on earth 2? Is this actually just normal shit? Was I fooled all this time?

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm being completely serious in saying that someone needs to investigate that shit. None of this sounds above board or makes sense. And this dude was a minor when all of this shit supposedly happened, so we're dealing with someone who was not able to make their own legal decisions.

In other words, investigate this shit for trafficking. Ain't no goddamn way that fuckboi Gaetz, who already had at least 1 DUI by 2014, should have even been allowed to be entrusted to a minor, even in an unofficial capacity. A minor that's his GF's little brother and with parents and an entire family still in the mix? Nah, none of that makes sense. Talk with the family, friends, and any witnesses to this and let's make sure we're not dealing with a predator here.

Like what the fuck? Am I living on earth 2? Is this actually just normal shit? Was I fooled all this time?
Speaking of trafficking...

www.pnj.com

Matt Gaetz defends lone no vote on anti-human trafficking bill

Rep. Matt Gaetz took to Facebook Live in December 2017 from his parents' living room to defend his lone no vote on an anti-human trafficking bill.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017

I've been saying this for the last three and a half years.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this explains the Nestor jokes, I guess. I'd already seen people comment on Gaetz calling him "help" or w/e previously though.

...wasn't the entire thing he threw a tantrum during about having black kids, anyway?

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I really the asshole that is gonna say Nestor is banging him?
Cos NĂ©stor is banging him.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of trafficking...

www.pnj.com

Matt Gaetz defends lone no vote on anti-human trafficking bill

Rep. Matt Gaetz took to Facebook Live in December 2017 from his parents' living room to defend his lone no vote on an anti-human trafficking bill.

wtf, how did I forget this. This dude is a massive piece of shit. Don't care how much he tries to distance himself from his boomer friends, dude is a destructive and sick piece of shit.

I've been saying this for the last three and a half years.

I'm just really high right now, so I'm freaking out a little. Cause I just remembered we had a pedophile rapist w(ho got off because FLORIDA and a lot of help from powerful people,) had a pedophile island with a fucking temple on it

5d31bb5636e03c20703bbec4

And everything with that fucker , very much including his death, is just...I don't know anymore.

Some might say a lot of have become conspiracy theorists too much, but then again - fucking florida man with a pedophile island and a literal temple.

Oct 26, 2017
Groomer Gaetz

But seriously something doesn't add up. Some of those things in isolation might be non-traditional but could make sense in a larger context. It's not unheard of for people to become close with their Ex's family members. The problem here isn't one odd variable, the whole equation doesn't make sense and nothing adds up.

This is the most charitable scenario I can think of: He dates a girl who has a younger brother/nephew or whatever. Over the course of the relationship he becomes close with the little brother. And maybe because Gaetz lives in a good school district, Nestor and his family agree for him to live with Gaetz. He's his "unofficial" son in that respect.

The problem with that scenario is that this would start sometime around his DUI. Maybe Nestor's family didn't care about the DUI, but Nestor would still be only 12-14 years old at the time and he has other family he can live with. And of course it still doesn't explain why he kept Nestor a secret for so many years. Especially when he was perfectly fine with blurting it out in the middle of a Congressional committee to score a gotcha point. It really does feel like he just exposed his own Kompromat the Trump Cabal had been dangling over his head.

Maybe there's a benign explanation for all of this, but this absolutely needs to be looked into more and in a serious way.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
Some might say a lot of have become conspiracy theorists too much, but then again - fucking florida man with a pedophile island and a literal temple.
Hey man, we all believe some conspiracy shit that might be true. I will go to my grave thinking the Franklin/Boys town shit in Nebraska happened.

With that said in my personal life I was shit talking Epstein and that verdict for years and I was shocked no one gave a fuck about it down here.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
User Banned (1 month): Homophobic conspiracy theory
I know this is going to be controversial but I bet in a few months it's going to come out that he's actually gay and his "helper" is his gay boy toy.

It's all so suspect as how no one knew of him until now.