• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Wonder when they're gonna do 16 and older so high schoolers can get the shot.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Fun fact: a few days ago, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava already said that vaccines would be open to all adults 40+ starting this Monday.

DeSantis criticized her, and then just copied her to steal her thunder.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
This is after Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings lowered the age to 40 on Monday after DeSantis bitched.

Eat Shit DeSantis

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah. Hopefully I can get it on Monday now.

Edit: For you Floridians, should I pre-register on the Florida Myvaccine page or should I go about it another way?

Double Edit: Pre-registered. I was overthinking it lol.

Last edited:

doncortez77

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I already have my appointment 4/2 at the convention center but it good to see that its opening up to more adults. Be sure to preregister so you can just sign in and set an appointment the day of.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just pre-registered. I really hope I can get it the moment I'm eligible to make an appointment.

I decided to indicate I prefer Pfizer, but any of them will do.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Same with TN, stoked to be getting the Johnson and Johnson shot on April 8th.

Lets goooooo

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
It has the highest efficacy rate (95+%). While it's basically tied with Moderna in that regard, it takes one less week to receive the second shot.

I don't think long term its gonna make any difference but as you say the Pfizer has a 3 week delay between shot 1 and shot 2 while Moderna is 4 weeks. Pfizer uses 30 micrograms of the vaccine for each injection while Moderna uses 100 micrograms (3x as much). Both pfizer and moderna are testing new booster shots that also target the new UK and South African variants but thats probably months away from being rolled out.

Everyone in my family has gotten the pfizer (2 doses for everyone 65+), I'm the only one who got the moderna one lol. We all basically felt the same, sore arm the older folks felt way more fatigued for a few days.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
You're not going to stop people from partying in Florida at this stage so you might as well let them get vaccinated. Beyond that, opening up to everyone bypasses the risk of antivaxxers, which typically skews toward older people, because the people around them will be getting vaccinated.

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got my 1 dose a week ago and will get my 2nd one on the 9th. Hood to hear everyone else will be able to get it.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Wow, how the heck is Florida ahead of California in this?

I still have no idea when I can get a vaccine, and I've looked into all avenues since day one.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how the US turned from one of the worst performing countries to seemingly nailing the vaccines behind only Israel and UAE

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? I figured everyone in Florida had been vaccinated in March 2020 the way they've been acting since.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
Wow, how the heck is Florida ahead of California in this?

I still have no idea when I can get a vaccine, and I've looked into all avenues since day one.

not sure if this is accurate, and i'd like to be wrong, but it seems to me like the opening up of vaccine availability at a much earlier anticipated date than expected is an indicator that there's more supply than demand, which is good if you just want a vaccine, but not great if you're hoping for herd immunity.

for example, i live in idaho and everyone 16+ will be eligible to be vaccinated in april, at some date much earlier than was anticipated. it's not because idaho is better than california, it's because the demand for the vaccine isn't as high as expected, which isn't great.

i look forward to being vaccinated but i'd rather wait a few months if it meant that people ahead of me in the line were being vaccinated at a high rate - which where i live isn't the case, sadly.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately any senior that hasn't gotten it yet here in Florida just doesn't want it. I think waiting to try to coax those into getting it would be a waste of time as getting to herd immunity might help save those stubborn elderly.
I don't know if that's true. My parents have been trying to get theirs from the beginning or were just able to. And my mom was in the pre-existing condition group.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if that's true. My parents have been trying to get theirs from the beginning or were just able to. And my mom was in the pre-existing condition group.
This is true. My wife hunted down a shot for my 75 year old mother. You have to be computer literate, plus a bit savvy to grab a shot up until now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-registering is OP, mom got called for an appointment for the day they'll open it to her age group a few days before it even happens.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017

This is true. My wife hunted down a shot for my 75 year old mother. You have to be computer literate, plus a bit savvy to grab a shot up until now.

That's interesting, what part of Florida? Here in Orlando the fema centers are taking walk ins.