• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Florida Is going to be as bad or worse than Italy I think, considering the elderly population, beaches, and spring breakers.

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit. And anyone would end up a meth addict after losing to an unqualified, racist Maga moron because of their skin color.

Does losing an election also excuse repeatedly cheating on your wife?

The guy turned out to have a messy personal life but at least he's smart, charismatic and competent so he would have been an infinitely better governor than any republican hack. At least lives would have been saved with him at the helm, meth addict or not.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Bruh Iron Gwazi was just DAYS FROM BEING OPEN when this shit all started going sideways.

Oh good, can't wait for more news stories of packed churches around the state.

Thankfully mine from back home seemed to stop holding in-person service once everything started initially shutting down. Like 80% of the congregation was over 60.
I was/am SO excited for the new Iron Gwazi! Something to look forward to....maybe?

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Leaving churches open damn near makes this whole thing a waste of time. That is a huge potential area for the virus to spread.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Does losing an election also excuse repeatedly cheating on your wife?

The guy turned out to have a messy personal life but at least he's smart, charismatic and competent so he would have been an infinitely better governor than any republican hack. At least lives would have been saved with him at the helm, meth addict or not.

I didn't know about him cheating, but all I was saying is that I'm not surprised he ended up in a bad place after the election. He was leading in almost poll before the election so I'm sure that one stung especially hard. It's a shame too, he looked to be a rising star and it looks like his political career is now done.

And yeah, I agree he would have been much better in this crisis, same with Abrams in Georgia. Kemp is another maga clown who has cost many lives by inaction. 2018 turned out great, but there were some real bad spots in it.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick update on Florida #s since last night (there is normally a 12pm EST update and a 6pm EST update):

Deaths: 128 (+27)
Cases: 8010 (+237)

Deaths are picking up fast.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
out and about and nothing is changed. Car repair shops are open for example. Car washes. Non essential businesses.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Florida Is going to be as bad or worse than Italy I think, considering the elderly population, beaches, and spring breakers.

The big cities pretty much, Florida is actually very open and spacious for most of the state outside of Miami and Broward Counties. Those two cities are the worst and going to be, but so far most of the rest of the state has been doing ok. But Miami especially is looking to possibly be another NYC. These two city counties especially have been hit bad as they are major ports of entry for cruise ships, and lots of travel to and from NY. FL as a whole will probably do ok but the two major city counties are gonna be hit hard

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The big cities pretty much, Florida is actually very open and spacious for most of the state outside of Miami and Broward Counties. Those two cities are the worst and going to be, but so far most of the rest of the state has been doing ok. But Miami especially is looking to possibly be another NYC. These two city counties especially have been hit bad as they are major ports of entry for cruise ships, and lots of travel to and from NY. FL as a whole will probably do ok but the two major city counties are gonna be hit hard

I imagine Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville will have issues but shouldn't get as bad as the two you mentioned.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Miami won't turn into another NYC because it doesn't have the same spread through mass public transport. It is still a car commuter city for the majority of it with only the small Metro and Commuter rail (and limited bus) services pushing people together. I think it will get worse but not NYC bad.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Miami won't turn into another NYC because it doesn't have the same spread through mass public transport. It is still a car commuter city for the majority of it with only the small Metro and Commuter rail (and limited bus) services pushing people together. I think it will get worse but not NYC bad.

They still have to deal with weeks of partying and coming and going heavy travel traffic. The downtown areas especially can be similar to NYC with close proximity. Maybe not as crazy bad as NYC but it's showing to be a hotbed of viral growth. More than half the cases in the state are just in Miami Dade and Broward County.

I imagine Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville will have issues but shouldn't get as bad as the two you mentioned.

So far not been too bad for any of these, Tampa was potential danger spot again cause of lot of cruise traffic at the ports. But so far the south has been hit the worst. Can be that all these three cities are just much more spread out, Orlando especially outside of the touristy areas, is quite a huge and spread out place to live.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL

Orlando has had a stay in shelter order in place for a week now, entering the second week so we were already ahead of the state.

They still have to deal with weeks of partying and coming and going heavy travel traffic.

I mean, outside of people partying in their homes, i'm not sure where else they would do it...

Miami's beaches, much like most others in the state, are closed and all bars and restaurants have been closed for over two weeks now statewide.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Things are going to look really bad in the South in a week.
I've been worried about the south this whole time. The attitudes towards situations like this would have been dismissive enough without the president getting on TV and calling it a hoax. It's going to spread fast and the states are not capable of handling it. There isn't funding, poor healthcare infrastructure, high risk populations. It's going to be bad.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everything is the same today. I think they have defined "essential services" so broadly that most businesses can stay open. My friend works in a call center for sportswear and they are still reporting to work. He is providing the essential service of telling customers why their Green Bay Packers jersey has not arrived on time.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much everything is the same today. I think they have defined "essential services" so broadly that most businesses can stay open. My friend works in a call center for sportswear and they are still reporting to work. He is providing the essential service of telling customers why their Green Bay Packers jersey has not arrived on time.

That's because DeSantis incorporated Dade's local order which included this gem:

"Any business that is interacting with customers solely through electronic or telephonic means, and delivering products via mailing, shipping, or delivery services"

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
And now this fucking shitshow of a fucking dangerous and deadly move. Goddam him. I don't know why these evil fucking people still surprise me.

Ron DeSantis quietly signed second executive order targeting local coronavirus restrictions

The second order states that new state guidelines that take effect Friday morning "shall supersede any conflicting official action or order issued by local officials in response to COVID-19." In other words, local governments cannot place any limitations that would be more strict than the statewide guidelines.

Locally, it means Hillsborough County cannot mandate churches close their doors, a rule that drew national attention after a Tampa megachurch held two Sunday services, leading to the arrest of the pastor.

It also means that it weakens the orders of Broward and Dade which already had stricter restrictions in place. I fucking hate Republicans so much.

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans are trying to kill you and your family so that they can regain a couple points of GDP.

They are willing to sacrifice you on the altar of predatory capitalism and they're daring you to do something about it.

Act accordingly

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally nothing has changed here and no one even knows that the order is a thing.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand Florida Republicans risking their own constituent and voters lives. Cutting off the nose to spite the face

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
On the plus side, most churches I've been driving by are closed and are doing their services online. I hope they all do the right thing moving forward.

It's sad to see a group of kids grouped together, or the same thing at bus stops. Stay 6 feet apart!

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Florida has 8000 cases and you're JUST NOW going under lockdown? With so many elderly people in the state? What. The. Fuck.

We were ordered to stay at home over a week ago when we had ~200 cases. WTF FLORIDA!!!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side, most churches I've been driving by are closed and are doing their services online. I hope they all do the right thing moving forward.

It's sad to see a group of kids grouped together, or the same thing at bus stops. Stay 6 feet apart!
I ran by a catholic church in Miami on Sunday that had a line of people waiting to go in.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick update on Florida #s for 4/2 (there is normally a 12pm EST update and a 6pm EST update, so this is both):

Deaths: 144 (+43)
Cases: 9008 (+1235)

For comparison, yesterday had +16 deaths and +1032 cases. Deaths are by far the highest # so far.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking ghoul issued an executive order downgrading all local stay at home orders and restrictions to match his toothless version. My mom lives in Central Florida and I am dying over stress as she is over 65.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick update on Florida #s for 4/2 (there is normally a 12pm EST update and a 6pm EST update, so this is both):

Deaths: 144 (+43)
Cases: 9008 (+1235)

For comparison, yesterday had +16 deaths and +1032 cases. Deaths are by far the highest # so far.

I feel so safe right now.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
The whole @onlyindade feed on Instagram is absolutely crazy today. Really funny but also shows why this shit is going to be horrible in Miami.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I work in Miami, and it feels like a normal day when I'm driving around. Outside the closed restaurants, it seems like everyone is business as usual, streets are packed, ppl everywhere.